Sunshine Pumpers / Gus Supporters

Zeek

9 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I'm just going to add my opinion. I want nothing more the for CGM to be successful at Auburn. To me success is a 10 + win season most years. Play in and win the SEC championship game every 2-3 years, the playoffs every 2 -3, if not every year. Is that asking too much? 

I really like CGM. He is a great recruiter, his players absolutely love him, most of his coaching staff are awesome ( not the oline coach). I am a recovering sunshine pumper but it's hard to trust CGM again

Certainly not asking too much.  Demanding or else be fired might be a little much if you really want to hire and keep a good coach.  If you don't trust Gus anymore it sounds like you are questioning his character.  I probably don't understand your point. Good post though.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, shabby said:

I've made 2000 posts about trump on facebook. I hate the bastard. So your point again?

tenor.gif

34 minutes ago, autan said:

But changing coaches almost guarantees the opposite in the short term.

Except every coach we've hired since Dye has had almost instant success and a title run.

10 minutes ago, autan said:

Certainly not asking too much.  Demanding or else be fired might be a little much if you really want to hire and keep a good coach.  If you don't trust Gus anymore it sounds like you are questioning his character.  I probably don't understand your point. Good post though.

Questioning ability is not questioning character. Questioning ability is observational. Questioning character is interpretational. 

And questioning someone's interpretation of his inherent ability to meet a success standard  (which it would be helpful for the AD to provide, but I doubt it will)  is a different horse altogether. 

15 minutes ago, autan said:

Never would question his character. Don't see how you would come to that conclusion. Don't trust his coaching abilities because he is too inconsistent.

4 hours ago, shabby said:

I've made 2000 posts about trump on facebook. I hate the bastard. So your point again?

I love Trump. You are allowed to hate him. 2000 wastes of time. LOL

8 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Side note. Our country is as divided as our fanbase, but we love America despite its flaws and Auburn as well. We know we're honored to have a chance to vote to begin with, even if we don't like the results. Just felt like going Captain Obvious for a moment. 😉

(AND wow on leading my C2 WorldChangers through 45 Presidents this week... oh, the things they repeat.)

BwzHezaCAAAacV7.jpg

6 hours ago, shabby said:

Case in point 48 hours after a huge win and it's back to fire Gus and disappointment with the season.

48 hours?  Pumpers didn't make it 48 seconds.  Shots were fired in.the.game.thread.  While we were all trying to figure out where the 12th man was.

12 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Never would question his character. Don't see how you would come to that conclusion. Don't trust his coaching abilities because he is too inconsistent.

I think you fell victim to a level of literal interpretation that would make even ellitor blush.

10 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

If your point is that offering opinions on the Internet is a waste of time, then I agree. But I'm glad we're all wasting time together.

:grouphug:

10 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Side note. Our country is as divided as our fanbase, but we love America despite its flaws and Auburn as well. We know we're honored to have a chance to vote to begin with, even if we don't like the results. Just felt like going Captain Obvious for a moment. 😉

(AND wow on leading my C2 WorldChangers through 45 Presidents this week... oh, the things they repeat.)

BwzHezaCAAAacV7.jpg

Such an accurate parallel. The difference between loving the institution or loving the current leader thereof. It is so important to keep them separate.

On 12/3/2019 at 6:21 AM, abw0004 said:

giphy.gif

hey man throw an auburn brother her numba........lol

17 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am halfway between Mikey and Bird.  One thing I have seen with Gus is when we have close to equal talent with bama we win. Gus does some of his best coaching against bama. This is a credit to Gus and a place where I kind of side with Mikey.

We have probably the most dominant D-Line in college football this year. In a normal year where very obvious holding is called we probably beat Ga. and LSU. This year not just to Auburn but across the board I have seen Ref's allow a lot more holding by the O-line. What hurts is because our D-Line is beating people so consistently it impacts our biggest strength.  That is an area that impacts Auburn and indirectly Gus negatively.  

The times I have watched games and called the play before it was run is where I agree with Bird. Our O-line is not bad but they are not great either it really helps them to play better when the other team isn't waiting on the play because like me they know what is coming. Point for Bird.

When Gus arrived at Auburn he brought an O that was ahead of its time and for a while he was an offensive genius but as other teams have adopted many of the things Gus does defenses have caught up. Other teams still keep some of Gus system but with more variation as an offensive coach Gus has not evolved fast enough a point for Bird

At the same time when he got here Auburn sucked on D but Gus worked at finding the right coaches and we are now a Defensive powerhouse.   a point for Mikey.

Player development is a mixed bag. Derick Brown and Marlon Davidson have always been good players but hey have gotten better from year to yeas as have many other D-Line. Garner gets credit for that but Gus kept Garner when a few years ago I remember a lot of Auburn fans saying Garner was over the hill. Point for Mikey.  

On D side both DB's and LB's have gotten better while at Auburn again point for Mikey.

On the other side of the ball weak O-Line recruiting, even though a few have made it to NFL. We have had some very solid WR classes but so far no super star's after being at Auburn a few years and the route trees are weak and don't help the WR's point for Bird.

We have a mixed bag at RB we have had some players who were not originally thought that highly of who got better and some who never made it here. Kind of a wash.

Finally Gus can get his players to play hard and never quit and Gus runs a very clean program. I would give Mikey a point on this but Bird has always said same thing about Gus so on this one point Mikey and Bird agree.

not taking either side but folks complained gus refused to run the slant and i am pretty sure he has done that this year......shrugs.

16 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

My fault!  And yes I've been into Auburn football for roughly 40 years and Gus' offenses are affecting my enjoyment of the game.  I'd like to get it back....so, I talk about it.....on a message board.  War Eagle to all, regardless of how I feel!  :cheers:

i get so tired of the fighting on here. both sides have the same talking points they argue and its been two or three years minimum. i get both sides. but we are all entitled to our opinions 72. i certainly am not going to just decide i do not like you because stance or take on things.

7 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Nobody cares.

not true grasshoppa.............i detest trump as well.  not trying to turn this into a political thread but  if you put it out there people have the right to respond. but hey check out the political boards. you can argue almost anything on them and titan does a great job on them as well.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i get so tired of the fighting on here. both sides have the same talking points they argue and its been two or three years minimum. i get both sides. but we are all entitled to our opinions 72. i certainly am not going to just decide i do not like you because stance or take on things.

I agree somewhat fitty.

I'm tired of the personal fighting that could go to PMs.....but where's the fun in that, amirite?????

However, I'm going to say something that doesn't often get said and it's part of the greater situation here and why there will always be arguing/discussion like this while Gus is HC......

I honestly DON'T get both sides.  That's MY problem and clearly I'm not the only one or these conversations would stop.  That's the problem with message boards is "we" all want to be heard so when others either honestly refute your opinion then these discussions continue or the dark side of things there's quite a few trolls here who either can't, or won't, have a respectable discussion with the other side so it's trolling and attacking (which are the posts I hate).  

I prefer to think I'm in the former group and hopefully nobody ever feels genuinely attacked by me.  In fact, I've made a "friend" or three that actually started with antagonistic situations, so if one chooses to, they can turn these things into positives. 

However, we don't all have to agree, as I've been personally reminded recently.....thus there will always be disagreement & even arguing.  It's just how one handles themselves that makes the conversation interesting & worthy of posting, or should be kept in PMs or maybe meeting behind the gym after school....of course the ones who troll are the ones who'd never ACTUALLY meet you after school...

This is such a complex subject. He has a few flaws that I see:

1) Just my opinion - I hate the HUNH. Look at the iron bowl - every time we pick up a first down we run it the next play and we gain 1 yard. It is criminal how many plays we waste on first down instead of huddling and coming up with a good play.  It.drives.me.crazy! Other than that garbage, I feel that the play calling can be good/very good at times. I even saw several slants this year and very few WR screens. Just stop with the HUNH-RUN-IT-UP-THE-MIDDLE-ON-FIRST-DOWN. PLEASE!!! 

2) The real root problem - Terrible OL play/recruiting for YEARS. Whether it is because we have hired bad recruiters, we are bad at scouting, we give poor coaching once they arrive, or we lost all top recruits to others, something is terribly wrong with the OL. We can pull a few 4 and 5 star players at just about every position, but when it comes to the OL, we just struggle terribly. It has not been fixed in years and Gus needs to do something about it. 

3) He has to beat Uga. That game has been his undoing and is the reason I hopped off of the bus years ago. 

The good: He wins, the players love him, he recruits very well (other than OL), he is not going to embarrass the university, and at TIMES he looks like a mad scientist genius. I also like the fact that alabama fans hate his guts. I also feel that we play the toughest schedule in the country year in and year out. To me - he has the hardest job CFB in America. Yes there are other places where it is harder to win games, like Rutgers, Vandy, etc,  but the AU coach is expected to win/compete for championships every year even though there are years like this when we played #2, #4, #9, 12 haha, and #13. And those are end of season rankings meaning that they were great teams. I know it comes with the job but it is freaking tough.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

not true grasshoppa.............i detest trump as well.  not trying to turn this into a political thread but  if you put it out there people have the right to respond. but hey check out the political boards. you can argue almost anything on them and titan does a great job on them as well.

The original post was posted as a joke not a political statement.

15 hours ago, The Freak said:

48 hours?  Pumpers didn't make it 48 seconds.  Shots were fired in.the.game.thread.  While we were all trying to figure out where the 12th man was.

Be forewarned, be on the lookout, there are some petty selfish people out there that dislike CGM so much that they would be willing to hurt AU to get rid of him.

Some of these people were responsible for the ridiculous rumor intentionally put out last year that CGM had agreed to take a lesser buyout in order to keep his job (an agreement nobody in their right mind would have ever signed, especially someone  getting advice from a lawyer and an agent).

Note, this is not directed at anyone in particular on this site. It is also not directed toward those who genuinely want and think we need a new coach but still love Auburn and would never undermine or hurt it to achieve that end (I respect those people and their right to have and voice their own opinions).

12 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

This is such a complex subject. He has a few flaws that I see:

1) Just my opinion - I hate the HUNH. Look at the iron bowl - every time we pick up a first down we run it the next play and we gain 1 yard. It is criminal how many plays we waste on first down instead of huddling and coming up with a good play.  It.drives.me.crazy! Other than that garbage, I feel that the play calling can be good/very good at times. I even saw several slants this year and very few WR screens. Just stop with the HUNH-RUN-IT-UP-THE-MIDDLE-ON-FIRST-DOWN. PLEASE!!! 

The real root problem - Terrible OL play/recruiting for YEARS. Whether it is because we have hired bad recruiters, we are bad at scouting, we give poor coaching once they arrive, or w2)e lost all top recruits to others, something is terribly wrong with the OL. We can pull a few 4 and 5 star players at just about every position, but when it comes to the OL, we just struggle terribly. It has not been fixed in years and Gus needs to do something about it. 

3) He has to beat Uga. That game has been his undoing and is the reason I hopped off of the bus years ago. 

The good: He wins, the players love him, he recruits very well (other than OL), he is not going to embarrass the university, and at TIMES he looks like a mad scientist genius. I also like the fact that alabama fans hate his guts. I also feel that we play the toughest schedule in the country year in and year out. To me - he has the hardest job CFB in America. Yes there are other places where it is harder to win games, like Rutgers, Vandy, etc,  but the AU coach is expected to win/compete for championships every year even though there are years like this when we played #2, #4, #9, 12 haha, and #13. And those are end of season rankings meaning that they were great teams. I know it comes with the job but it is freaking tough.

I am so tired of this excuse, Gus has been running the same concepts every since he arrive at Auburn, the o-line can't block 8 in the box. Gus does not get the tight end involve so the linebackers can stay in the box, their is way to much blame against that unit and it is not fair to them.

Archived