Null

Sign in to follow this  
Zeek

Sunshine Pumpers / Gus Supporters

18 hours ago, rockfordpi said:

Some of these people were responsible for the ridiculous rumor intentionally put out last year that CGM had agreed to take a lesser buyout in order to keep his job

How would this rumor 1) get rid of Gus and 2) hurt Auburn in the process?

Bus, bus, magic bus,

I’m all in on my man Gus!

May not have won ev’ry game, 

But he beat bama once again!

F8F6B415-5A33-4F28-B3FE-F17CD91F339D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2019 at 12:59 PM, gr82be said:

Again, most here want Gus to succeed. Whether he does or not is up to him. He keeps adding the talent but we aren't reaching the overall potential. 

giphy (3).gif

You win.  This is the best image I've ever seen to characterize Gus as a $7m a year program leader.     

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2019 at 8:13 AM, aubiefifty said:

hey man throw an auburn brother her numba........lol

Fifty, once again confirming your perv status...  😈

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 9:40 AM, gr82b4au said:

This is such a complex subject. He has a few flaws that I see:

1) Just my opinion - I hate the HUNH. Look at the iron bowl - every time we pick up a first down we run it the next play and we gain 1 yard. It is criminal how many plays we waste on first down instead of huddling and coming up with a good play.  It.drives.me.crazy! Other than that garbage, I feel that the play calling can be good/very good at times. I even saw several slants this year and very few WR screens. Just stop with the HUNH-RUN-IT-UP-THE-MIDDLE-ON-FIRST-DOWN. PLEASE!!! 

2) The real root problem - Terrible OL play/recruiting for YEARS. Whether it is because we have hired bad recruiters, we are bad at scouting, we give poor coaching once they arrive, or we lost all top recruits to others, something is terribly wrong with the OL. We can pull a few 4 and 5 star players at just about every position, but when it comes to the OL, we just struggle terribly. It has not been fixed in years and Gus needs to do something about it. 

3) He has to beat Uga. That game has been his undoing and is the reason I hopped off of the bus years ago. 

The good: He wins, the players love him, he recruits very well (other than OL), he is not going to embarrass the university, and at TIMES he looks like a mad scientist genius. I also like the fact that alabama fans hate his guts. I also feel that we play the toughest schedule in the country year in and year out. To me - he has the hardest job CFB in America. Yes there are other places where it is harder to win games, like Rutgers, Vandy, etc,  but the AU coach is expected to win/compete for championships every year even though there are years like this when we played #2, #4, #9, 12 haha, and #13. And those are end of season rankings meaning that they were great teams. I know it comes with the job but it is freaking tough.

All your points are dead on.  Only other point on schedule: He new what the schedule looked like when he accepted $7m a year.  You either own it or go someplace else...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

How would this rumor 1) get rid of Gus and 2) hurt Auburn in the process?

Simple.  It sends the message to recruits (via our rivals) that Gus's job is not secure and he may be leaving sooner now that his buyout had (allegedly) dropped.  Losing recruits and realizing that some of the Powers that be want him gone so badly that they are willing to hurt the program and make it impossible for him to succeed, he sees the writing on  the wall and negotiates a buyout or takes another job. That was the goal, Gus did not bite and held firm with class.

Sound like a wild conspiracy theory of which AU powers that be would not be a part? See Jetgate.