Absolutely love the Gus quote after the game

gr82b4au

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Other programs just hope they can beat Alabama. Here at Auburn, we actually believe we will beat Alabama. 

Yep. 

I heard that and thought the same as  you and for some strange reason he has been able to do it with more regularity than anyone else. If all else is close to equal Gus out coaches Saban in the Iron Bowl. Crazy. 

8 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I think...that the two posters above me are actually the same person.

24624787.gif

14 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Now.......let's start believing that we will beat UGA.  Tired of losing to them!!

You and me both my friend. I dislike them more than alabama.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

I heard that and thought the same as  you and for some strange reason he has been able to do it with more regularity than anyone else. If all else is close to equal Gus out coaches Saban in the Iron Bowl. Crazy. 

Can we officially rename AU vs LSU and AU vs UGA the iron bowl 2.0 and 3.0

no kidding.  don't get me wrong, i am happy with the win.  but we should have won.  when you play a SEC team without their starting QB you should expect to win - especially at home.  gus is kidding himself if he thinks this win solves his problems.  

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

no kidding.  don't get me wrong, i am happy with the win.  but we should have won.  when you play a SEC team without their starting QB you should expect to win - especially at home.  gus is kidding himself if he thinks this win solves his problems.  

This seriously reads like an Updyke posted it.  The kid wearing #10 in crimson could start for about 125 other FBS teams in the country.  He wasn't a walk-on.

57 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

This seriously reads like an Updyke posted it.  The kid wearing #10 in crimson could start for about 125 other FBS teams in the country.  He wasn't a walk-on.

That’s funny. I am a 90 Au graduate. He may be great but he had two starts before Saturday. 

20 minutes ago, Butthead said:

That’s funny. I am a 90 Au graduate. He may be great but he had two starts before Saturday. 

And since early '17 of college coaches, working with the offense, learning plays and the speed of the game.

But that pales in comparison to Bo I guess.

3 hours ago, Butthead said:

but we should have won.  when you play a SEC team without their starting QB you should expect to win

So, ... does ANY SEC team starting a true freshman at QB expect to beat Alabama if they are using a normally bench riding junior instead of their normal starter?

5 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Now.......let's start believing that we will beat UGA.  Tired of losing to them!!

This and the regular losses to LSU are such a mystery. Maybe somebody with great football knowledge or insight into Gus' inner psyche can explain why Gus hardly ever beats those two teams.

Archived