2020 4* Juco DE/DT Deandre "Dre" Butler Commits to AU!

Auburn Kev

#1 Juco DE
Plans to OV AU
has 4 years & can play 3 seasons
19 offers including AU, Oregon, Oklahoma, Baylor, Miss St., & Nebraska
Originally from Georgia
In 10 games this season he had 66 total tackles, 11.5 sacks, & 22 TFLs

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

OP updated to be full profile.

What is your opinion of us landing him? Do you think he could become at DT down the road? Put on 20 or so lbs and he would be in the Derrick Brown range size wise.

9 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

What is your opinion of us landing him?

Don't have 1 yet. We just offered today. lol

10 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Do you think he could become at DT down the road?

Could but I doubt that's what Garner does. He looks like a lot of the guys Garner likes that has the size & can move well enough to play DT & DE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

@ellitor

How do you post a HUDL video which does not have Embed as an option when sharing?

Thanks in advance.

It actually does. On every hudl video there is an arrow pointing to the right at the bottom right of the video. When the arrow is clicked on it brings up sharing options including embed. Click on the word "Embed" & it copies the embed link for you. Then come back here & post it like you do 247 profile embeds.

• Thanks 1

Just now, fredst said:

@ellitor- Because Webb is a likely miss?

No. Webb is a Buck. Butler is a Strongside End or DT. The staff has been planning on taking at least 1 juco DL for a very long time for playing depth purposes in 2020 at the very least. I don't think we sign a Buck in this class FWIW.

• Thanks 1

Also @Auburn Kev when trying to tag someone don't just @ & type the name & keep going. After the @ start typing the name but look for the name to show up from the drop down list. select the name from the list. At that point the person you are trying to tag gets tagged.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. Webb is a Buck. Butler is a Strongside End or DT. The staff has been planning on taking at least 1 juco DL for a very long time for playing depth purposes in 2020 at the very least. I don't think we sign a Buck in this class FWIW.

Cameron Riley isn’t a buck?

• 1 month later...

4-star JUCO DE a high priority for Auburn

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

Junior college defensive end Dre Butler is a high priority for Auburn in the 2020 class, and the Tigers are making sure he knows it.

Butler, a four-star recruit from Independence (Kan.) Community College, communicates regularly with Auburn’s coaching staff. And not just a few of them.

“They all communicate with me,” Butler said. “I talk to pretty much everybody on the defensive side. I even talk to the head coach (Gus Malzahn), too. I’ve been talking to him a lot lately.

“(AU director of recruiting) Coach (Levorn) Harbin, I’ve been talking to him a lot and also Coach (Larry) Porter. I’ve been talking to a lot of them.”

oorugbvmk7you8ivoyym

Auburn’s message is simple.

“They are losing a lot of their big guys on defense and think that I can come in and help out,” Butler said.

Butler believes so, too. He’s scheduled an official visit to Auburn for Jan. 24-26.

“I’m looking forward to it,” Butler said. “My family is coming with me.”

Butler is originally from Baltimore, Md., but moved to Covington, Ga. and graduated from Newton in 2018. He’s never visited Auburn, and admittedly doesn’t know too much about the Tigers, but already has them among his favorites.

“I like Auburn,” Butler said. “I like Auburn a lot.”

Butler also is high on both Oklahoma and Oregon. He’ll visit the Sooners Jan. 17-19 and Oregon Jan. 31-Feb. 2.

“I don’t really have a leader,” Butler said. “Everybody is recruiting me the same.”

Butler plans to announce his decision in early February and sign on Feb. 5. He’ll have four years to play three.

In 10 games as a freshman, Butler recorded 66 tackles, 11.5 sacks and forced two fumbles.

66 and 11.5 - sign him up.

6'.5" - and room to grow - sign him up

Hope we sign this young man. Looks like he could come in and pick up where Davidson left off with graduation. I think our defense could be as good if not better next year with the talent waiting to come in. I like our new OL coach and think that Gus hit a double with him. Would say home run, but time will have to tell this next season and maybe beyond.

Maybe Gus realizes that his time will come to an end possibly after next season unless he has a breakthrough season. I hope our offense will look very different next year in a good way and that Gus has his CEO visor glued to his stubborn head strong enough to where he can let Morris and the offensive staff do their thing without any tinkering. This will be hard on Gus to do this, but maybe he realizes that it is nearly passed time to do this and do it right.

46 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Looks like he could come in and pick up where Davidson

@doc4aday Different position & different type of player. DB is more of a true pass rusher. Z. Walker is the one who could pick up where MD left off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm on the Butler bus.  I would take him over Burks if it comes down to that. But both would be nice.  Go CRG and CKS.

3 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

4 years to play 3... Go. Get. Him. Now. 

Pretty sure he’s three to play three but yeah, still go get him!