2020 4* Juco DE/DT Deandre "Dre" Butler Commits to AU!

Auburn Kev

On 1/18/2020 at 11:39 AM, ellitor said:

Pretty sure he’s three to play three but yeah, still go get him!

Visiting next weekend

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Keith just crystal balled Dre to AU. His AU OV is this weekend.

AUsome.Β 

Dre., Bro, and Burks are my New years wish list. I would love to close with all 3 but will take any of them!!!!!

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Keith just crystal balled Dre to AU. His AU OV is this weekend.

Damn crystal ball before even visiting? Nice, do what you do Garner close it downΒ 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Damn crystal ball before even visiting? Nice, do what you do Garner close it downΒ 

He’s still planning to OVΒ Oregon &Β not commit tilΒ national signing day.

Bringing his mom and "mentor" along on the visit per Rivals.Β  I really hope RG and Co. can close the deal this weekend.Β  A pass rusher is needed badly.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Bringing his mom and "mentor" along on the visit per Rivals.Β  I really hope RG and Co. can close the deal this weekend.Β  A pass rusher is needed badly.

Let's hope the mentor gets distracted and winds up in a Phenix City dive bar for the weekend. Kids with these mentors, handlers, advisors and so forth often end up elsewhere and after some time passes we end up being glad they did.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Let's hope the mentor gets distracted and winds up in a Phenix City dive bar for the weekend. Kids with these mentors, handlers, advisors and so forth often end up elsewhere and after some time passes we end up being glad they did.

Will Mike Price be there? Will it be rolling?!

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Let's hope he's hanging out with the bag man at that Phenix City dive bar.

• Haha 1

Saw him following Gus around at the BB game today( I sit right next to the recruiting section).

He's one big, strong looking guy...(not Gus)

Edited by steeleagle
  • Haha 3

Β 

Β 

4-star DE commits to Auburn

By Keith Niebuhr

AUBURN, ALABAMA β€” Auburn’s already loaded defensive line class has added another big piece.

Deandre Butler will be a Tiger.

Butler, a standout at Independence Community College (Kan.)Β and the No. 1-ranked junior college strong-side end in the industry generated 247Sports composite, committed to the Tigers on Sunday during his official visit.

"I just committed," Butler said Sunday afternoon. "I love this place. Everything was good. You know, the coaches -- I just love the vibes with the coaches. That stood out a lot. You don't don't get a head coach like Coach (Gus) Malzahn. He's real genuine. Everything was up front. He kept it real with me the whole trip. He didn't show any flaws. Everything was just genuine and I respected that lot."

The Georgia native picked Auburn over Oklahoma, which he visited the previous weekend, and Oregon. Several other programs tried to get involved, including Tennessee, which offered him a scholarship last week.

Butler said he has canceled next week's scheduled official to Oregon.

ButlerΒ is commitment No. 24 in the 2020 class for the Tigers. The other 23 already have signed. Now, Butler will join them National Signing Day part 2, which is Feb. 5

With Butler now on board, he joins Jay Hardy, Daniel Foster-Allen and Zykeivous Walker, a trio of ends/tackles, and buck Romello Height to form one of the top defensive line classes in college football for 2020. Walker and Height enrolled at Auburn earlier this month.

Because last season was his first playing at ICC (he sat out the 2018 season), Butler will have four years to play three seasons at his next stop. He is a May graduate.

Butler, listed at 6-feet-5, 285 pounds, was such a high priority for Auburn down the stretch, he was defensive line coach Rodney Garner’s first recruiting visit after the dead period ended two weeks ago.

In 10 games last season, Butler led ICC in total tackles (66), sacks (11.5) and tackles for loss (22).

Auburn offered him a scholarship Dec. 3, but GarnerΒ actually started communicating with him during the early part of the 2019 season.

Before landing at ICC, Butler played at Newton High just east of Atlanta.

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Nice,Β Garner’s a beast. And some were saying he’s lost itΒ 

Just one person πŸ˜‚

• Like 2

Boom boom booming boom πŸ’₯Β 

BOOMΒ 

Now let's finish up with Jones, Burks and Frazier and put a nice big beautiful bow on one heck of a class!!!

Edited by AubFanCT
  • Like 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* Juco DE Deandre "Dre" Butler Commits to AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic
17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Best part is he can play 3 seasons.

Or if he comes in and has a monster season right off the bat it’dΒ be 1 season

Official visit ends with No. 1 JUCO Dre Butler committing to Auburn

Β 
Josh Helmholdt β€’ Rivals.com
Recruiting Analyst
Β 

After only his second season of playing competitive football, Independence (Kan.) Community College defensive endΒ Dre ButlerΒ earned the crown as the No. 1 ranked junior college prospect in the 2020 class. The Auburn Tigers will be the school Butler continues his college career with after the four-star announced his commitment following an official visit to The Plains.

Β 
HOW IT HAPPENED

A native of Newton, Ga., Butler was a basketball player throughout most of his prep career. He only played football during his senior season of high school. He then sat for one year before joining Independence last spring. After a breakout campaign this past season, Butler’s recruitment exploded. He took his first official visit the weekend of Dec. 13 to Maryland, then set official visits to Oklahoma, Auburn and Oregon for this month. The Oklahoma trip happened the weekend of Jan. 17, but the Oregon trip will not take place because Butler gave his commitment to Auburn before leaving his official visit with the Tigers on Sunday.

IN HIS WORDS

β€œThe atmosphere there was amazing. I loved the energy all the coaches gave off. Coach (Gus) Malzahn kept it real with me the entire trip and he was real down to earth.”

RIVALS’ REACTION

Signing a junior college prospect usually means getting a player further ahead developmentally than his high school peers, but with Butler’s lack of on-field experience, the four-star still has plenty of upside to achieve. The bonus to that is he has four years to play out his three years of remaining eligibility because he played just one season with Independence. Butler was able to dominate to the tune of 66 total tackles, 22 tackles for loss and 11.5 sacks while making it look effortless much of the season. All the physical tools are there and the ceiling is sky high for the newest member of Auburn’s 2020 class.

Β 

Edited by Paladin