2020 4* Juco DE/DT Deandre "Dre" Butler Commits to AU!

Auburn Kev

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Wait, he's only played 2 seasons of football? Um, this might be kinda fun.

Prince W only had that when he set foot on campus and he turned out pretty good. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Or if he comes in and has a monster season right off the bat it’d be 1 season

I'm not sure that math checks out.  If he has 4 years to play left then he's got 2 before he can leave for the NFL.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

13 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm not sure that math checks out.  If he has 4 years to play left then he's got 2 before he can leave for the NFL.

If I’m not mistaken he’ll be coming in as a RS sophomore. That’s 3 years removed from high school which makes him draft eligible 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

According to first post of thread he has 3 years to play 3. That means he has been outta school 2 years.  So yes he "could" go pro next year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Prince W only had that when he set foot on campus and he turned out pretty good. 

And Iggy just finished his 2nd year at CB. If this dude is already the #1 juco at any position, and he doesn't even *really* know his position yet? Hell. Yes. Fun fun fun fun.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He will still be out of high school 3 years which is the way the NFL rule is written on declaring I'm pretty sure. He graduated high school in 2018. If that is correct he would be eligible to leave after 1 year at AU.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

If I’m not mistaken he’ll be coming in as a RS sophomore. That’s 3 years removed from high school which makes him draft eligible 

He'll be a True Soph when he comes to AU. Even though he's been out of high school 2 years now he was only in juco 1 year.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

According to first post of thread he has 3 years to play 3. That means he has been outta school 2 years.  So yes he "could" go pro next year

There was conflicting info at the time. I went with the safer bet. OP has been updated. 4 to play 3.

• Like 2

Ok... 

So this guy is listed as a SDE but I saw earlier E say that he is more of a pass rusher than the strong side DE that Davidson was... Would that not make him a buck in our system? Also arent "Bucks" usually WDE? 

So he plays strong side DE in JUCO but will he be a buck or a SDE for us? 

I'm just confused as to how we are actually looking at using this young man? E says he is a pass rusher and specifically stated he wasnt a replacement for Davidson but he plays Davidsons position? 

Color me confused

10 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Just one person 😂

And that one person didnt say he "lost it" he said that he had "slowed down" or something similar. He has corrected you on this...

But you already knew that... 

That's some "18" stuff right there...

5 hours ago, twilli13 said:

Does anyone have any insight on this guy as a prospect, other than his ranking?

Watch his highlights in the OP & form your own opinion. Looks like he can be a real good one to me though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

He's the remaining D-line guy I wanted. With only three slots now left, I'm wondering if we take another D-lineman.

We will. Marquis Burks is still a take. While we have a number of guys that could end up at DT or strongside end in Dre, Hardy (most likely to end up inside), DFA,  Burks is the only one who is a sure fire DT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So this guy is listed as a SDE but I saw earlier E say that he is more of a pass rusher than the strong side DE that Davidson was... Would that not make him a buck in our system? Also arent "Bucks" usually WDE? 

@Auburn2Eugene He's so big & athletic he can potentially play all 3 DL positions. Garner loves versatile players.

So he plays strong side DE in JUCO but will he be a buck or a SDE for us? 

Depends on how he & the rest of the DL develops. Could be anyone of the 3.

I'm just confused as to how we are actually looking at using this young man? E says he is a pass rusher and specifically stated he wasnt a replacement for Davidson but he plays Davidsons position?

Don't overthink it. Just know he's a versatile guy that can rush the passer.

• Like 2

And that one person didnt say he "lost it" he said that he had "slowed down" or something similar. He has corrected you on this...

It was @dyehardfanAU & he said Garner was past his prime. He may still think it but hasn't said it in a while so it's probably a good idea for the rest of us to stop picking on him about it by bringing it up & beating the dead horse in jokes such as the ones Clayton & Sizzle made above.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Go away, E’s already put you in your place so I didn’t have to.