playoff rankings: Auburn 11 Alabama 12

Eagle Eye 7

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

As I predicted we finished ahead of uat in the CFP

yea but BSPN SEC Power Index has Bummer #3 and Auburn #5. They really cannot see reality clearly can they?

Color me stunned. I did not expect the committee to do this. Alabama, on paper, may have a top 3 team, but their record and performance say otherwise. The CFP hit a home run on this. Kudos! 

Edit: Does this mean we may be slotted in a more marquee bowl matchup? We'd be #4 best SEC team right now due to rankings.

I wonder if the munchkin thinks THIS TOO is unfair???

16 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

As I predicted we finished ahead of uat in the CFP

That is so exciting!! "Unfair in Jordan Hare" just keeps opening that can...

🤣🤣🤣❤❤❤:zapbama:

The icing on the cake. 🙂

the icing on the cake
phrase of icing

noun: icing on the cake
  1. an attractive but inessential addition or enhancement.
    "being a scientist is enjoyable, and winning a Nobel is icing on the cake"

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

I wonder if the munchkin thinks THIS TOO is unfair???

Early Christmas present, special delivery. 

81IcNl8Kf9L._SL1500_.jpg

6964f6a47bd45c68cfb434a981efe8eb.jpg

As it should be....

So with us ranked ahead of Alabama now, what needs to happen for Auburn to backdoor its way into a New Year 6 bowl?

12 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

The icing on the cake. 🙂

the icing on the cake
phrase of icing

noun: icing on the cake
  1. an attractive but inessential addition or enhancement.
    "being a scientist is enjoyable, and winning a Nobel is icing on the cake"

How is icing not essential to cake?

1 minute ago, AUTUmike said:

So with us ranked ahead of Alabama now, what needs to happen for Auburn to backdoor its way into a New Year 6 bowl?

Basically we need Wisconsin or Baylor to lose and not only lose but get beaten bad so we can jump over them. If they’re still ranked ahead they get the NY6

A Clemson loss (unlikely) would help too, I imagine, since Virginia is slotted right now to swoop in and snag a NY6 spot. I suppose if UGA wins on Saturday and both LSU and UGA make the top 4 (also unlikely), then we would head to the Orange Bowl.

I'd say our floor right now is the Citrus Bowl.

2 minutes ago, api1957 said:

874CB0D3-CE75-449E-B986-182A723FAC7B.gif

He is such a nut/hoot... back to back rewatches of both "National Treasure"s this week, post DC. 😁

40 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

yea but BSPN SEC Power Index has Bummer #3 and Auburn #5. They really cannot see reality clearly can they?

How can you compare them to us in the Power Ranking?  They played 2 Top 25 teams and lost to both.  We played 6 Top 25 teams and went 3-3 with them.  The 3 losses were to Top 10 teams.  What am I thinking?  It’s bammer, that’s how their power ranking is that high. 😡

11 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Basically we need Wisconsin or Baylor to lose and not only lose but get beaten bad so we can jump over them. If they’re still ranked ahead they get the NY6

Depends on uga/LSU. If uga wins they both stay in the playoff. That sends UG to the Sugar bowl and us to the Cotton. Just my guess. If uga loses they go to the sugar and UF to the cotton. I suspect we wind up in the Citrus on New Year’s Day After next week we could be at #9 in the final but no worse than where we are now. 

45 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Power index is based on a mathematical formula.  Be angry at math and the formula, not ESPN.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'd rather have the Citrus.  If we back into a NY6 game, it's probably the Cotton which means we play a Group of 5 team (Memphis).

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Depends on uga/LSU. If uga wins they both stay in the playoff. That sends UG to the Sugar bowl and us to the Cotton. Just my guess. If uga loses they go to the sugar and UF to the cotton. I suspect we wind up in the Citrus on New Year’s Day After next week we could be at #9 in the final but no worse than where we are now. 

The way the pollsters are jerking LSU around, if, by chance, they lose to UGA, they may drop them out of the playoff picture.  I don’t see LSU losing but stranger things have happened. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Power index is based on a mathematical formula.  Be angry at math and the formula, not ESPN.

How would you figure that on math. Simple math AU 2 of 5 against ranked teams or 40%  uat 0 of 2 against ranked teams or 0% so math tells me AU > uat and I agree.  Also we beat them . How’s that math work?

Archived