playoff rankings: Auburn 11 Alabama 12

Eagle Eye 7

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

The way the pollsters are jerking LSU around, if, by chance, they lose to UGA, they may drop them out of the playoff picture.  I don’t see LSU losing but stranger things have happened. 

There is no likelihood of that LSU has wins against Fla AU and uat that 3 top 12 that’s better than anyone else with one loss. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Power index is based on a mathematical formula.  Be angry at math and the formula, not ESPN.

Which is why math is part of the axis of evil

will.jpg

Boy it has been a SALTY last few days for the Bammers. I miss the old days of Facebook when I knew it was safe to browse once the majority went to bed. Lol.

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

There is no likelihood of that LSU has wins against Fla AU and uat that 3 top 12 that’s better than anyone else with one loss. 

True but they jumped OSU over them this week just because OSU beat an average and overrated Michigan team. 

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Power index is based on a mathematical formula.  Be angry at math and the formula, not ESPN.

What is the formula?  Is it for public knowledge or kept private so they can vary it for the BSPN sweethearts?

Actually maybe they jumped them because they have played really well. LSU has a great offense and a ot wuite that great defense. They have given up a lot of points. OSU has looked probably the best of the bunch across the board . We can’t use the strength of schedule much the SEC has been less than stellar this year. My only question on the top four would be uga vs Utah . I think Utah is better than Okla or Baylor .

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

What is the formula?  Is it for public knowledge or kept private so they can vary it for the BSPN sweethearts?

Espn ranking on anything is based on what they think sells. They have been selling Saban and uat for the last 12 years quite heavily.

This just puts a big smile on the face of Auburn folks everywhere. I think this shows that the committee is a bit tired of Bama and this was the opening they needed to drop them when they could. It also shows they do respect Auburn. Maybe the media doesn't always but the polls, especially the CFP,  have respect for Auburn and its not just this year. We all know what was going to happen in '17 if we win the SECCG. They know we have a tough schedule and we get that benefit. I know the commentators don't always talk favorably about us but the CFP poll counts and they do seem to respect the heck out of Auburn. When Auburn earns the recognition they give it to them. 

Flash with the inside info!!!

36 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

3EDDBEF2-E04E-4BE3-84A4-94E099F78C97.gif

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Flash with the inside info!!!

I think Mr. Flash is right . If uga wins. That’s where uat was slated in everybody’s pick now we move up. If uga loses then UF probably goes to the Cotton bowl

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Basically we need Wisconsin or Baylor to lose and not only lose but get beaten bad so we can jump over them. If they’re still ranked ahead they get the NY6

I would say both of those are pretty likely to happen, too. 

44 minutes ago, around4ever said:

The way the pollsters are jerking LSU around, if, by chance, they lose to UGA, they may drop them out of the playoff picture.  I don’t see LSU losing but stranger things have happened. 

I think LSU is a lock. Us, Bammer, Florida, and Texas? And their only potential loss would be the #4. 

Interesting what logic & reason uncover when hype is peeled away. Bama lost to both good teams they played. Oddly, UF lost to 2 of the 3 teams they played that are currently ranked yet they're sitting pretty. 

59 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

How would you figure that on math. Simple math AU 2 of 5 against ranked teams or 40%  uat 0 of 2 against ranked teams or 0% so math tells me AU > uat and I agree.  Also we beat them . How’s that math work?

They create their own formula based on yardage, expected win probability, turnovers, etc.  It's not as easy as you think.  A bunch of nerds created it.

Either way, who cares?  We're ahead of Bama in the only poll that actually matters.

Has Utah beaten one ranked team yet? I feel like they would get demolished by any of the top four right now safe Georgia. Of course,  I also expect Georgia to get abused by LSU.

2 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

Color me stunned. I did not expect the committee to do this. Alabama, on paper, may have a top 3 team, but their record and performance say otherwise. The CFP hit a home run on this. Kudos! 

Edit: Does this mean we may be slotted in a more marquee bowl matchup? We'd be #4 best SEC team right now due to rankings.

What can we do to keep from playing Wisconsin again. It would really be less satisfying than the UCF  pairing 2 years ago. I have no love for that match..and it keeps getting press.

Archived