Michael Harris transfering (merged threads)

tbone4jc

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very few AU transfers the past few years have gone on to do big things at big schools. I wish MH well at EKU. 

12 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

That’s a major all around downgrade. I hope he gets lots of playing time there.

If he does get that playing time, then it probably wasn't a downgrade.

Good luck and WDE, MH.

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If he does get that playing time, then it probably wasn't a downgrade.

Good luck and WDE, MH.

I said an all around downgrade, meaning not just football. No way the campus and atmosphere there compares to ours.

On 2/3/2020 at 4:25 PM, Paladin said:

Again, there is a lot that goes into these decisions but I’d rather ride the bench at Auburn.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Again, there is a lot that goes into these decisions but I’d rather ride the bench at Auburn.

I hope nobody on our team is content with riding the bench.  At least the scholarship kids. 

2 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

I hope nobody on our team is content with riding the bench.  At least the scholarship kids. 

It isn’t content I said RATHER. I wouldn’t have made the statement if he went to another power 5 or respectable program. Could have stayed and earned a spot or at least been one injury away.

33 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It isn’t content I said RATHER. I wouldn’t have made the statement if he went to another power 5 or respectable program. Could have stayed and earned a spot or at least been one injury away.

Are you sure the staff didn't tell him that he'd be better off elsewhere?

Do you think he would've landed at Eastern Kentucky if *anyone* felt like he had even a 50/50 shot at starting at Auburn?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/college-football-player-slams-officer-on-concrete-video

Things got ugly for Michael Harris quickly. Wow!

College football player slams officer onto concrete during heated altercation, video shows

College football player body slams Ohio police officer, video shows

Raw video: Dash cam footage appears to show an Eastern Kentucky football player getting into an altercation with Ohio police officers during a traffic stop.

An altercation between a college football player and Ohio police officers Monday during a traffic stop ended up with the man slamming one of the officers, dashcam video shows.

Harris at one point puts his hands up while being patted down. More words are exchanged and one officer appears to put one of his hands on the back of the player’s head. Harris then tries to get back into the vehicle, but is pushed away and officers try to arrest the man.

After one of the officers appeared to strike Harris, the redshirt sophomore picks the officer up and slams him to the ground. An additional officer comes over to help, and another officer takes something out of their holster before putting it back in and trying to pull Harris off.

Harris is facing a felony assault charge and misdemeanor resisting arrest, obstructing official business and disorderly conduct while intoxicated charges.

Police had originally been called to the area because a local business reported an aggressive man who didn’t work there and wouldn’t leave, WBNS-TV reported, citing sources.

The police officer was uninjured.

Eastern Kentucky has not commented on the arrest.

Harris played 11 games at Auburn in 2019 before transferring to Eastern Kentucky.

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Seems like his life is on a downward spiral. His fresh start at a new school crashed and burned before he ever even had a day's practice there.

I wonder if Mean Machine has any depth at LB...?

I'm sure there's something compelling in the events leading up to it getting physical, but I just don't understand what would drive an individual to believe it's in his best interest to put his hands on a police officer.  Absolute best case is that your (still) going to spend the day in the hoosegow.

46 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I wonder when al.com will have the article up on their website about how this was Auburn's fault.

"Former Auburn player who was at Auburn until he transferred to another school from Auburn attacks police officer soon after leaving Auburn. Film at 11."

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Seems like his life is on a downward spiral. His fresh start at a new school crashed and burned before he ever even had a day's practice there.

Agreed....pretty sure he's now an ex-Eastern Kentucky player after that.

5 hours ago, gr82be said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/college-football-player-slams-officer-on-concrete-video

College football player slams officer onto concrete during heated altercation, video shows

College football player body slams Ohio police officer, video shows

Raw video: Dash cam footage appears to show an Eastern Kentucky football player getting into an altercation with Ohio police officers during a traffic stop.

An altercation between a college football player and Ohio police officers Monday during a traffic stop ended up with the man slamming one of the officers, dashcam video shows.

Harris at one point puts his hands up while being patted down. More words are exchanged and one officer appears to put one of his hands on the back of the player’s head. Harris then tries to get back into the vehicle, but is pushed away and officers try to arrest the man.

After one of the officers appeared to strike Harris, the redshirt sophomore picks the officer up and slams him to the ground. An additional officer comes over to help, and another officer takes something out of their holster before putting it back in and trying to pull Harris off.

Harris is facing a felony assault charge and misdemeanor resisting arrest, obstructing official business and disorderly conduct while intoxicated charges.

Police had originally been called to the area because a local business reported an aggressive man who didn’t work there and wouldn’t leave, WBNS-TV reported, citing sources.

The police officer was uninjured.

Eastern Kentucky has not commented on the arrest.

Harris played 11 games at Auburn in 2019 before transferring to Eastern Kentucky.

Well I sure don't respect that stupid a** decision. My God, what in the hell goes through your head to say anything other than "yes sir" to an armed police officer. Honestly, with that level of assault he's lucky he wasn't shot.

Archived