Marquis McClain transfering

wareagle881

edited post/title since we have more than one player with the last name McClain. 

Auburn receiver Marquis McClain has entered the NCAA's transfer portal.

The junior will have one year of eligibility remaining at his new school, should he choose to leave the Tigers and remain in the portal. McClain had only one catch this season and three catches during his career at Auburn.

McClain was rated a 3-star prospect in the class of 2016, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Oof. I hope he goes somewhere, shows out with that big frame of his and finds his way into the NFL. It's surprising he stuck around this long to be honest

18 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I had such high hopes for him but he *allegedly* dropped too many passes in practice to be trusted over some others on gameday. Regardless I hope he can be successful wherever he goes 

You don’t believe it?  

1 hour ago, oldaufeller said:

I wish him only the best.  This: "The Crestview, Fla., product has three catches over the past three seasons for 84 yards." 

Well, he better average more than 28 yds per catch if he wants gus to play him. Probably missed a block in practice and never made it out if the dog house. 

I’ll be on the lookout to where his next stop is. I expect to him to ball out wherever he lands. Had me thinking about Nate Craig-Meyers. I looked up his stats and he didn’t have the best season. But he still has another year so he should improve 

That guy just looks so athletic I can’t understand why he never caught on.  I remember his catch in that A-Day game and I was saying to the guy sitting next to me we got a stud there he is going to be great.  Best of luck to him is he decides to transfer.  

Every year he was here I thought would be “the year” he breaks out. He was obviously way down the pecking order for whatever reason. Will be interesting to see if he ever breaks out or simply exhausts his eligibility and moves on. 

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Every year he was here I thought would be “the year” he breaks out. He was obviously way down the pecking order for whatever reason. Will be interesting to see if he ever breaks out or simply exhausts his eligibility and moves on. 

Seems this is the case every year with some WR on roster

Heck. He wasn't getting any looks at WR. I don't blame him.

For the life of me though, I can't see why he wasn't a bigger part of the offense. I always thought he'd make an impact on our passing game.

Remember that time Gus was trying to run clock late against UGA and Willis said “f that” and threw a downfield strike to McLain?

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I’ll be on the lookout to where his next stop is. I expect to him to ball out wherever he lands. Had me thinking about Nate Craig-Meyers. I looked up his stats and he didn’t have the best season. But he still has another year so he should improve 

I’m rather critical but most of our incoming transfers don’t really seem to ‘ball out’ at other places. Still, wish the best for him and it makes sense with the group we have coming. 

Archived