Null



Sign in to follow this  
DKW 86

Uber Liberal Kulinski points to "CNN Moving the Goal Posts."

Recommended Posts

lowering the bar...lowering the expectations....

Get ready for a year of Do-Nothing Dems & Witch Hunts for the next year.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Collusion...quid pro quo... extortion... bribery... obstruction...abuse of power...

For the life of me I can't understand why people are turned off by these extremely focused and specific crimes.

  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Collusion...quid pro quo... extortion... bribery... obstruction...abuse of power...

For the life of me I can't understand why people are turned off by these extremely focused and specific crimes.

Maybe because they arent extremely focused and specific crimes? Maybe because the "crimes" are so squishy that nothing really matters and the public are just tired of hearing the breathless reporting by every media-type in America for the last 36 months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

Oh I understood it to be sarcasm, and very well played I might add...very well played.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only benefit I see from all of these investigations is that while the Dems are focused on these "non-crimes" and vague allegations they are NOT spending time trying to take away my freedoms or raising my taxes.  

Two years of basically nothing from the Congress during which time the economy is thriving, unemployment is down and there is relative peace in the world.     Happy Thanksgiving.

  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The only benefit I see from all of these investigations is that while the Dems are focused on these "non-crimes" and vague allegations they are NOT spending time trying to take away my freedoms or raising my taxes.  

Two years of basically nothing from the Congress during which time the economy is thriving, unemployment is down and there is relative peace in the world.     Happy Thanksgiving.

In what world did you think anything was getting done at all during these two years with divided government?  The Dems literally wouldn't get anything of significance passed, just like the Republicans can't right now, unless it had major bi-partisan support.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

In what world did you think anything was getting done at all during these two years with divided government?  The Dems literally wouldn't get anything of significance passed, just like the Republicans can't right now, unless it had major bi-partisan support.

That could be true.....but Dems won't even pass the NAFTA replacement that has bi-partisan support from most Dems too.   But as you suggest, we are enjoying the benefits of a divided government.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

The only benefit I see from all of these investigations is that while the Dems are focused on these "non-crimes" and vague allegations they are NOT spending time trying to take away my freedoms or raising my taxes.  

Two years of basically nothing from the Congress during which time the economy is thriving, unemployment is down and there is relative peace in the world.     Happy Thanksgiving.

You loving this stimulus driven, debt raising economy, deadbeat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bigbird said:

Collusion...quid pro quo... extortion... bribery... obstruction...abuse of power...

For the life of me I can't understand why people are turned off by these extremely focused and specific crimes.

Yeah, they should only pursue crimes you can track with minimal effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bigbird said:

Collusion...quid pro quo... extortion... bribery... obstruction...abuse of power...

For the life of me I can't understand why people are turned off by these extremely focused and specific crimes.

"This isn't about Ukraine. This is about Russia," Pelosi said. "All roads lead to [Russian President Vladimir] Putin."

 

...and now we're back to Russia

  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bigbird said:

"This isn't about Ukraine. This is about Russia," Pelosi said. "All roads lead to [Russian President Vladimir] Putin."

 

...and now we're back to Russia

 

Yep...poor NM with a "senior moment"'.....forgetting that was already de-bunked last year. 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that finds these edgy YouTube liberals with their galaxy brained contrarian takes laughable? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Am I the only one that finds these edgy YouTube liberals with their galaxy brained contrarian takes laughable? 

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep...poor NM with a "senior moment"'.....forgetting that was already de-bunked last year. 

NM? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Am I the only one that finds these edgy YouTube liberals with their galaxy brained contrarian takes laughable? 

Yes. Not mindlessly, blindly, brainlessly accepting the TPM narrative is always a good thing. 

Quote

 

New Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows that Democrats have so far failed to seal the deal on impeachment

As House Democrats draft articles of impeachment against President Trump and prepare for a floor vote before Christmas, a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows that a majority of registered voters buy their central argument for impeachment: that Trump put his own interests above the national interest when he pressured Ukraine to investigate his political rivals.

Yet the poll also shows that Democrats have failed to translate that belief into broader support for impeachment, and that Americans remain too polarized and uncertain about key details to back Trump’s removal from office in the kind of numbers that could create real momentum as the process heads toward a Senate trial.

Asked whether Trump was “primarily acting in his own personal and political self-interest” in regard to Ukraine, 52 percent of registered voters said yes; only 35 percent said no. The gap among Independents was also sizable: 41 percent versus 27 percent. Even 15 percent of Republicans said that Trump was primarily looking out for himself.

But despite the fact that this was the central finding of the House Intelligence Committee’s impeachment report — and is likely to be the ground on which the House formally votes to impeach — the overall needle on impeachment and removal has not moved since the previous Yahoo News/YouGov survey, which was conducted as televised hearings were wrapping up late last month. (The new poll was conducted from Dec. 4 to Dec. 6.)

Today, 47 percent of Americans are in favor of impeaching Trump in the House, compared to 37 percent who are opposed. The same 47 percent say he should be removed from office, which requires conviction after a trial in the Senate, while 39 percent say he should remain. Among registered voters, those numbers are even closer: 49 percent vs. 44 percent on impeachment and 47 percent vs. 45 percent on removal.

 

IOW, this entire show has done just about nothing to sway any voters. It almost appears that the Dems have to keep it up just to stay even. They have obviously tossed winning on issues to the sideline. They only want to play to their Orange-Man-Bad base. It's crazy. Very few times has "driving someone's negatives" worked to win an election. And usually there wasnt much squish in the idea that the other guy was indeed a bad guy. In the middle of all this, the Senate will vote and very likely acquit. Then you have Democrats that will have to explain it all for the next year. 

Get ready for a year of "Do-nothing Dems and Witch Hunts."

Meanwhile, the Dem field is perceived by many to be weak. Billionaires Bloomberg and Steyer are hoping in and looking to repeat Trump's own strategy to win. There are strong rumors that HRC will even re-enter the race if Biden drops out. Biden might as well concede. He is just laughable on the stump. His campaign spends as much if not more time than Trumps spinning the gaffes. 

This one is at least going to be fun to watch from the sidelines.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

central argument for impeachment: that Trump put his own interests above the national interest when he pressured Ukraine to investigate his political rivals.

Problem with that argument, there is no proof...just opinions about how DT ran his foreign policy, etc...but nobody has stepped up and said they can confirm they actually heard that pressure in exchange for Ukraine's investigation.    The only  person to openly pressure Ukraine over a political issue is Joe Biden and he's on video bragging about it. 

Hoping the dems continue down this track with their lily white candidates leading the way.    I am stunned that despite the diversity issue, the leading dems,  their big money candidates,  are primarily a bunch of white millionaires over age of 70....with another one waiting in the wings to step in when the time seems right.    That's really gonna turn out the minority voter base.  . 

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 8:56 AM, DKW 86 said:

Yes. Not mindlessly, blindly, brainlessly accepting the TPM narrative is always a good thing. 

IOW, this entire show has done just about nothing to sway any voters. It almost appears that the Dems have to keep it up just to stay even. They have obviously tossed winning on issues to the sideline. They only want to play to their Orange-Man-Bad base. It's crazy. Very few times has "driving someone's negatives" worked to win an election. And usually there wasnt much squish in the idea that the other guy was indeed a bad guy. In the middle of all this, the Senate will vote and very likely acquit. Then you have Democrats that will have to explain it all for the next year. 

Get ready for a year of "Do-nothing Dems and Witch Hunts."

Meanwhile, the Dem field is perceived by many to be weak. Billionaires Bloomberg and Steyer are hoping in and looking to repeat Trump's own strategy to win. There are strong rumors that HRC will even re-enter the race if Biden drops out. Biden might as well concede. He is just laughable on the stump. His campaign spends as much if not more time than Trumps spinning the gaffes. 

This one is at least going to be fun to watch from the sidelines.

Public appeal is irrelevant here, as it should be. Does what Trump did deserve impeachment? Yes. It does. Politics be damned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gut instinct is that Kulinski got a little taste of that Joe Rogan "nothing is true, everything is permitted" audience and is exhibiting his galaxy brain as a result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, then understand this. Impeachment is a political thing. If we looked at every president, i bet half were "Impeachable." That doesnt mean that any were convictable. 

Right now, the Dems are right on the overall idea, but they are going to lose in the execution. 

But what was the idea overall? Get him out of office or just smear him for a legacy? I want him out of office. That happens at the ballot box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AUDub said:

My gut instinct is that Kulinski got a little taste of that Joe Rogan "nothing is true, everything is permitted" audience and is exhibiting his galaxy brain as a result. 

Maybe this nation needs more thinkers than mind numbed robots out there quoting talking points. quoting talking points has gotten us ABOUT FOUR YEARS of nothing but HORRIBLY OVERBLOWN, RIDDLED WITH ERRORS BLATHER.

You know, TRUMP CANT WIN. COLLUSION, RUSSIANS, COLLUSION, RUSSIANS, COLLUSION, RUSSIANS, etc, etc, etc.

To most Americans, it is all starting to sound like a bunch of butthurt. Nothing more. 

My own hardcore Democrat Friends now seem to admit it was just a horribly bad campaign by HRC that elected DJT.

Edited by DKW 86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A real "thinker" would understand that the 2016 election has nothing to do with the impeachment effort.

You either accept the fact that Trump tried to influence the 2020 election by bribing a foreign country to announce an investigation into Biden's son (a proxy to Biden) or you don't. If you recognize that he did exactly that, then impeachment becomes a moral and ethical mandate. 

And I would submit that those who refuse to recognize the truth lack both the morals and ethical basis to react responsibly.  They are the ones who are acting on the basis of pure political partisanship.

True, the 2020 election will give the country another chance to remove Trump from office, but it doesn't negate or replace  the moral and ethical responsibility to impeach the president for what was clearly an impeachable offense.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, homersapien said:

A real "thinker" would understand that the 2016 election has nothing to do with the impeachment effort.

You either accept the fact that Trump tried to influence the 2020 election by bribing a foreign country to announce an investigation into Biden's son (a proxy to Biden) or you don't. If you recognize that he did exactly that, then impeachment becomes a moral and ethical mandate. 

And I would submit that those who refuse to recognize the truth lack both the morals and ethical basis to react responsibly.  They are the ones who are acting on the basis of pure political partisanship.

True, the 2020 election will give the country another chance to remove Trump from office, but it doesn't negate or replace  the moral and ethical responsibility to impeach the president for what was clearly an impeachable offense.

So the party of "it's not perjury, it is only sex" during the Clinton years has now decided that we need to impeach for anything and everything going forward? You let the rest of the adults know how that turns out being part of the thought and morals police for the DC Crowd. There is not enough hours in the day to police Washington DC bad apples. If Biden gets elected, do we impeach him for the obvious quid pro quo with Burisma? 

If that is the new standard going forward, i am all for it. But dont tell me, or the American People, that we are actually going to enforce morals and ethics in DC. Aint nobody got time for that. 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this