Just gonna leave this here, Re: Bo Nix

TitanTiger

Stidham and Nix are probably completely different personalities, so I don't want to sell Stidham short on his leadership skills, but in addition to having that "dog" in him, Nix appears to be a more natural leader than Stidham. 

We got an OC this year that was supposed to be a QB whisperer. It's strange to me that if someone does something better it's the other coach that made that happen if they do something worse it's always Gus's fault ( I don't need a response to that it's just an observation) . If Nix gets better it's because he worked hard to get better. Nix to me has that in him. I think he played pretty good for a true freshman and think he will be a great deal better next year no matter how the O'line is. For Nix's stats to be close to someone who is now the #2 for the Patriots I'd say that's pretty good. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Stidham and Nix are probably completely different personalities, so I don't want to sell Stidham short on his leadership skills, but in addition to having that "dog" in him, Nix appears to be a more natural leader than Stidham. 

Agreed. I saw Nix talking to Whitlow at the end of the first half about getting down and saving time instead of fighting for the extra yards. Stidham would’ve smiled in that moment 

16 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Agreed. I saw Nix talking to Whitlow at the end of the first half about getting down and saving time instead of fighting for the extra yards. Stidham would’ve smiled in that moment 

Yeah I noticed that too. He's definitely on top of things. I think he's going to have a heck of a career in coaching some day. 

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Stidham without football would just be a Instagram Boyfriend!!!! lol or in his case now a Instagram Husband!!! hahaha.

9 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Jarrett Stidham 2018 Stats
2794 passing yds (214.9 yds per game), 60.7% completion rate, 18 TDs, 5 INTs through 13 games
72 yds rushing on 13 attempts, 3 TDs
Totals:  2866 yds, 21 TDs

Bo Nix 2019 Stats
2366 passing yds (197.2 yds per game), 57% completion rate, 15 TDs,  6 INTs through 12 games.
301 yds rushing on 91 attempts, 7 TDs
2667 yds, 21 TDs

Passing stats are nice.  Bo had 1 more interception than Stidham, but if my math is correct 15 + 7 = 22.  As a true freshman, Bo had 1 more TD.  At the end of the day, the team with the most TD's usually wins.  To me that's the most important stat.

2 hours ago, bg5 said:

We got an OC this year that was supposed to be a QB whisperer. It's strange to me that if someone does something better it's the other coach that made that happen if they do something worse it's always Gus's fault ( I don't need a response to that it's just an observation) . If Nix gets better it's because he worked hard to get better. Nix to me has that in him. I think he played pretty good for a true freshman and think he will be a great deal better next year no matter how the O'line is. For Nix's stats to be close to someone who is now the #2 for the Patriots I'd say that's pretty good. 

Yep some people had excuses ready before this season even started. When Bo was named the starter some were saying if Bo struggled it’s because of Gus, if he succeeded it’s because of Patrick Nix 🤣

That logic is so damn dumb

4 hours ago, bg5 said:

We do? I was under the impression we hired him because he was a fantastic recruiter. And he def has showed himself to be one.  He has almost by himself saved our OL for next season. The OC is just a title for him. We knew that going in to this. I never heard anything about QB guru. Now if Dilly goes with Norvell to be his OC at FSU if indeed it is Norvell after this weekend then YES!!!!!! Chad Morris absolutely has the rep as a QB whisperer. 

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

He's been a fantastic intermediate route guy for them and red zone target.

Where did he learn those routes? Don't think we used them at Auburn

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Stidham without football would just be a Instagram Boyfriend!!!! lol or in his case now a Instagram Husband!!! hahaha.

Yep, he won a Heisman in that category!!

This last game out of Bo was pretty stunning. As one of his biggest critics, MOSTLY for Gus and play-calling, I think that this is the kind of game that needs to be built upon. Unfortunately, this is Gus we're talking about and I don't expect him to make many "Bo-Friendly" changes next year and lead us to any sort of passing improvement. We saw what happened to Stidham. Nonetheless, I'm more than happy to say that Bo is in a better place at the end of this season than I expected him to be. 

Going to be rooting for him to develop more and more and be a great 4 year starter for AU. (3 if we get a competent offensive coach next year or at the very least invest in a passing game coordinator.)

13 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

This last game out of Bo was pretty stunning. As one of his biggest critics, MOSTLY for Gus and play-calling, I think that this is the kind of game that needs to be built upon. Unfortunately, this is Gus we're talking about and I don't expect him to make many "Bo-Friendly" changes next year and lead us to any sort of passing improvement. We saw what happened to Stidham. Nonetheless, I'm more than happy to say that Bo is in a better place at the end of this season than I expected him to be. 

Going to be rooting for him to develop more and more and be a great 4 year starter for AU. (3 if we get a competent offensive coach next year or at the very least invest in a passing game coordinator.)

Coming from you, I consider this a great compliment to him.  I respect your vision for the game.  Let's hope Gus or whomever is in charge of the offensive side of the ball will be able to build around Bo's strengths and build a juggernaut.  

I'm extremely excited for our future with Nix. We're recruiting well. We have some good OL talent coming in this upcoming class and one of the top RBs. I also thought Stidham wasn't given a fair shake. We know he was good. We know he had the talent to take us to the playoffs. However, he couldn't run. We needed Baylor Stidham. He was 12-15 lbs heavier here and he lost a step or two. Baylor Stidham was a great fit. Auburn Stidham was good, but not great in a system that requires the QB to run 6-10 times a game or extend plays with evasive mobility. 

The issue is Gus. It's not that he's not good. I know how good our offense can be with the right players and the right play calling. The issue is he is too gimmicky and gets in his own head. He over thinks things. I have seen us look brilliant at times, and I have seen us look horrendous other times. I have seen us go conservative in the 2nd quarter. I have watched us take our foot off the gas and let teams back into games. I have seen us use three different QB's in the same drive and kill our own momentum...

I want to see us open the playbook up more and dominate offensively. There are zero excuses at this point, especially moving forward. We'll have the line and depth. We have great RB's. We have a promising young QB. We have great WR's. If Gus gets it together, we will go to the playoffs and potentially win a title with Nix at the helm.

1 hour ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

They didn’t do anything differently. Guys just finally made tough catches

11 hours ago, AUBourne said:

What if it's not a floor but a baseline? I have seen little to no improvement in QB development in many years. I'm not blaming Nix. His dad did a great job preparing him for college. I 100% believe Patrick Nix saved Gus from another Kiehl Frazier/Jeremy Johnson fiasco. I think if Dan Mullen was Bo's coach he would be a contender for the Heisman next year. But I see no reason to think he is going to be dramatically better next year other than the fact Kentucky replaces UF on the schedule.

Won't know if it's a floor or a baseline for another few years.

Stidham also struggled with the deep ball against power five conference teams and like Nix, was wildly inaccurate when flushed out of the pocket, though he didn't have an offensive line either.

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We do? I was under the impression we hired him because he was a fantastic recruiter. And he def has showed himself to be one.  He has almost by himself saved our OL for next season. The OC is just a title for him. We knew that going in to this. I never heard anything about QB guru. Now if Dilly goes with Norvell to be his OC at FSU if indeed it is Norvell after this weekend then YES!!!!!! Chad Morris absolutely has the rep as a QB whisperer. 

Yes I read a few articles just to be sure I was right and they all talked about what a great QB developer he was at Memphis and other places.

Archived