Gatewood

bigbird

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

Apparently Wanda.  (Be sure and get a look at Wanda first.  Could be one of those situations where you win by losing, and lose by winning. ;) )

This Wanda. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

download (6).jpeg

8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

He’s turned two offers from FSU down. Have to wait and see.

Mark?, I thought Bob had turned them down. 

9 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

Good luck to Joey, seems like a good dude.  Hope he does well over there. 

BTW - this thread got wacky 

Yeah,...that hardly ever happens does it ? :-\

11 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

*opens door and peeks head in*

What about if he pairs with Shivers?

*slams door and runs*

Kentucky would be a great place for Worm to land. At least from a football perspective. Benny Snell has no regrets. Lexington is a long way from South Florida, but Team Worm is about that track life so they're used to the travel. 

14 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Gatewood will lead UK to SEC title game.  Bank on it. 

Season's results for the last QB prospect that transferred from AU : Lets hope Joey has better luck.

-- Woody Barrett, Kent State QB: Started at safety, but did not record a stat on defense. Had one 8-yard reception on offense in Kent State’s 34-26 win against Eastern Michigan.

Season: 20-of-40 passing for 205 yards and three touchdowns; 60 rushing yards; one reception for 8 yards.

Thanks to @AuburnKev for posting weekly updates on departed AU players. Located in the Rivals sub-forum here.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Season's results for the last QB prospect that transferred from AU : Lets hope Joey has better luck.

-- Woody Barrett, Kent State QB: Started at safety, but did not record a stat on defense. Had one 8-yard reception on offense in Kent State’s 34-26 win against Eastern Michigan.

Season: 20-of-40 passing for 205 yards and three touchdowns; 60 rushing yards; one reception for 8 yards.

Thanks to @AuburnKev for posting weekly updates on departed AU players. Located in the Rivals sub-forum here.

It is amazing that very few of transfers under Gus have made significant contributions at their next stop, and its not just QBs. I just noticed that Antwuan Jackson is a non contributor on the DL and just got moved to the O line. 

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It is amazing that very few of transfers under Gus have made significant contributions at their next stop, and its not just QBs. I just noticed that Antwuan Jackson is a non contributor on the DL and just got moved to the O line. 

NCM was the first one who I really expected to do big things elsewhere. (Certainly nobody expected much from guys like Woody Barrett...) And he got off to a hot start this season, but hasn't done anything of note lately. 

Cam'Ron Kelly will be a good one, but he didn't "leave" (did he ever really even arrive?) for football reasons. And he is injured. 

Most of the rest are just typical attrition. 

Gatewood will be a lot more interesting to keep an eye on. Worm, too, if he leaves. If Gus is right and some of us are wrong, so be it. 

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Agree.....IMO but an underperforming team and a QB who regressed. ...which sounds funny for a team ranked in the top 5 but they've had too many close calls which I blame on the coaching strategy.       Expect there will be a new OC... 

I couldn’t pass the bolded part up; what would you blame Auburn’s close calls (in which we lost) on?  Execution instead of coaching strategy?

12 hours ago, alexava said:

Which powerful contenders 

Oh, I mean their are/were several on this board that thought Joey should’ve been starting in front of Bo, and Nix is breaking freshman records, so I just assumed Joey would have big time offers, from big time schools.

Am I correct?

11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Oh, I mean their are/were several on this board that thought Joey should’ve been starting in front of Bo, and Nix is breaking freshman records, so I just assumed Joey would have big time offers, from big time schools.

Am I correct?

I don’t know. I only remember Joey visiting UK.  I didn’t see any other news about interest from anyone else..

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

NCM was the first one who I really expected to do big things elsewhere. (Certainly nobody expected much from guys like Woody Barrett...) And he got off to a hot start this season, but hasn't done anything of note lately. 

Cam'Ron Kelly will be a good one, but he didn't "leave" (did he ever really even arrive?) for football reasons. And he is injured. 

Most of the rest are just typical attrition. 

Gatewood will be a lot more interesting to keep an eye on. Worm, too, if he leaves. If Gus is right and some of us are wrong, so be it. 

I’m glad to see JG at Kentucky because I think they will use him to his skill set. Also because we need life to be harder for UGA worm is an enigma. He seems like an obvious choice for a speed sweep guy, but like McCalebb he seems to trip a lot. I believe he would be a terror as a deep back in a pistol formation. He attacks the LOS violently and packs a punch. And if you try to arm tackle him, he’s a step away from taking to the house. I hope he stays. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I couldn’t pass the bolded part up; what would you blame Auburn’s close calls (in which we lost) on?  Execution instead of coaching strategy?

Some of both...but the discussion was about UGa and their potential for a dynasty under KS.....which I doubt.   With a very experienced team/QB they lost to USCe between the hedges and let a couple championship games get away from them in previous years ….based on strategy in my view. 

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Some of both...but the discussion was about UGa and their potential for a dynasty under KS.....which I doubt.   With a very experienced team/QB they lost to USCe between the hedges and let a couple championship games get away from them in previous years ….based on strategy in my view. 

You’re right, I did cherry pick the bolded part, but wanted to find out your thoughts on our situation.  I do agree the Smart is not, at least I hope not, the coach Richt was when it comes to their domination of Auburn.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I would actually like to see the transfers under Gus, especially the QB's, and see what actually became of them after Auburn.  Reason being - are the players we sometimes recruit just not up-to-snuff or is their lack of production/advancement/growth on coach?  

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

You’re right, I did cherry pick the bolded part, but wanted to find out your thoughts on our situation.  I do agree the Smart is not, at least I hope not, the coach Richt was when it comes to their domination of Auburn.

Tough question because some of it was strategy as I opined but a lot was talent deficit...especially on offense.   

Blame that on the coach for recruiting results...but just to take the situation we are in now... in my view,  we have very few players on the offensive side of the ball who could start for any of the top 4 teams in the SEC.   

True, that's a coaching issue,   but then again, I've been following AU football for a long time and it's been relatively few seasons when we have had superior starting talent compared to bama, Uga and UF and LSU too I guess.   For example, who from AU could have been a starter on the bama offense this past week? 

9 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

I would actually like to see the transfers under Gus, especially the QB's, and see what actually became of them after Auburn.  Reason being - are the players we sometimes recruit just not up-to-snuff or is their lack of production/advancement/growth on coach?  

Our QB recruiting has been mostly abysmal with only the occasional legit guy. 

Queen, Barrett, Willis, Franklin... There have been some head scratchers. 

I wish he was going to be surrounded with more talent. I also wish he went juco so he could get some sorely needed game reps. Kid hasn't been a full time starter in half a decade. I'm pulling for him big time though.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think he will. Obviously we never know until we see it. The difference between Gatewood and Barrett is we actually got to see Joey on the field in critical Power-5 situations. I thought Joey did well with the limited opportunities. I also thought he showed tremendous poise in those situations. We will see. 

Archived