Men vs. Furman

tgrogan21

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The south game we just hit the last second shot. We very very nearly choked that game away. This one was much more impressive because we were the ones who were making all the plays down the stretch on both ends of the floor. In the south game besides the okoro shot all the shots were being made against us. Tonight We could of easily folded after they kept hitting three After three when we were trying to make our run. This game we showed a lot of grit n grind like the tony Allen era grizzlies.

Disappointed with the lack of capital letters and exclamation points here. Missed a chance to really make a statement. SMH....

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Disappointed with the lack of capital letters and exclamation points here. Missed a chance to really make a statement. SMH....

And that is a statement in itself if he didn't go with his signature capitalization and exclamation points. Not good!

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

I'm still in recovery/therapy from this game!!! Lol 

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The south game we just hit the last second shot. We very very nearly choked that game away. This one was much more impressive because we were the ones who were making all the plays down the stretch on both ends of the floor. In the south game besides the okoro shot all the shots were being made against us. Tonight We could of easily folded after they kept hitting three After three when we were trying to make our run. This game we showed a lot of grit n grind like the tony Allen era grizzlies.

J’von was so close to sealing the game similarly to Okoro. 

Big ups to Grind City Memphis 901. ✌️

Tough game to listen to. Couldn't find a stream online that worked to watch here in Indonesia.  I was afraid the long layover was going to hurt us and it did.  Focus was not there.  Glad to see Wiley finally becoming a beast.  Got to hit those FT's.  It could have easily cost us the game.  Proud we fought back and pulled out the victory.  Let this serve as a lesson to the team.  Got to stay sharp and focused.  Need to finish these last few non-conference games undefeated and on a high.  Bruce, get after them.  Got to get better.

Glad to be 8-0.

55 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I gotta say, is anyone else glad that the “loud yelling guy” is no longer in the student section? He was the absolute worst. 

So glad he graduated or flunked out. 

I could tell you who the guy is but you'd feel bad after I did

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I could tell you who the guy is but you'd feel bad after I did

auburn4ever?

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

lets just say some people literally dont, or cant, know how to do better

I knew it, it is auburn4ever. 

Samir has got to drop his ego a tad and his selfishness and pass the ball around.  Every time he gets the ball he takes a shot and does not look to pass.  In the second half there were a few times he drove to the basket with FOUR Furman guys crashing down on him and he still tried to shoot.

45 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Samir has got to drop his ego a tad and his selfishness and pass the ball around.  Every time he gets the ball he takes a shot and does not look to pass.  In the second half there were a few times he drove to the basket with FOUR Furman guys crashing down on him and he still tried to shoot.

Good scouting by Furman.

ugly game, imagine practice won’t be fun in the coming days.

So we couldn't shoot, samir didn't have the best game and was a little selfish, but we came back and Wiley was one of if not the biggest reason.....and he effected the game big time defensively? 

Wow who saw that coming, even though we've been playing an entirely different way?

Listening to the post-game interview with Bruce on the Auburn network, I heard him say, “I got out-coached tonight.”  Bruce is the opposite of Nick Saban in every way except winning. Love our coach.

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So we couldn't shoot, samir didn't have the best game and was a little selfish, but we came back and Wiley was one of if not the biggest reason.....and he effected the game big time defensively? 

Wow who saw that coming, even though we've been playing an entirely different way?

@bigbird is this better 😂?

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

@bigbird is this better 😂?

Wiley was killing himself in the 1st half working for position. He was open a lot with an early, quick pass. We are hesitating just enough to allow the angles to close. We have to be more decisive and aware. Also our guards need to understand the foul situation of the opponent's bigs. No way they should've been in the game halfway through the 2nd.

If Doughty could make an entry pass on a pick and roll Wiley might have scored 100 last night. Damn, Wiley has been great last 4-5 games: defense, rebounding, offense. Great for him, seeing him really playing to that incredible potential. If he can stay healthy he is really going to get paid off of the improvement we’re seeing in his game. I think a lot of Wiley’s improvement is confidence now that he’s finally healthy.

Just now, bigbird said:

Wiley was killing himself in the 1st half working for position. He was open a lot with an early, quick pass. We are hesitating just enough to allow the angles to close. We have to be more decisive and aware.  

Yeah I see Bruce said something, I knew he would I figured it would be after a couple of losses. Dude literally shoots 70%  We can't shoot that as a team at the free throw line.

If it was me if he didn't get 7 touches a half unless something unbelievably weird happened the entire team running including him....

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I see Bruce said something, I knew he would I figured it would be after a couple of losses. Dude literally shoots 70%  We can't shoot that as a team at the free throw line.

If it was me if he didn't get 7 touches a half unless something unbelievably weird happened the entire team running including him....

It's almost like the guard don't understand angles and how to open them up. There was a lot of statues tonight watching Wiley work

Archived