FSU hires Mike Norvell

GwillMac6

@Maverick.AU we got a couple land mines to avoid now. First that momma is  not calling Marcus Woodson home to his alma mater ole Miss like we already talked about AND that norvell doesn't want to re hire Woodson and bring him to Tally with him. 

Ole Miss is obviously a step down but FSU is a lateral move.

OK....good mover for FSU.....but another coach with a rather thin resume' but I guess that's who is available these days.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

but FSU is a lateral move.

from Auburn?......says who?    I sure don't see it.   Inferior facilities and inferior conference...

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

from Auburn?......says who?    I sure don't see it.   Inferior facilities and inferior conference...

I agree but that's not the perception of it. FSU has a lot of cache in the national media. We would crush them in a bidding war though *knock on wood*.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I really hope Memphis can hire someone decent then join a real conference to hold them there. Fuente followed by Norvell were both excellent coaching hires for them. 

Kendal Briles? Fits the mold of Norvell. Hell he has a better resume than norvell when he was hired at Memphis.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Kendal Briles? Fits the mold of Norvell. Hell he has a better resume than norvell when he was hired at Memphis.

Unless Kiffin takes him. Venables or Aranda could be good options for Memphis. However, it’d wind up being a stepping stone hire. 

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Maverick.AU we got a couple land mines to avoid now. First that momma is  not calling Marcus Woodson home to his alma mater ole Miss like we already talked about AND that norvell doesn't want to re hire Woodson and bring him to Tally with him. 

Might he want Dilly? He's doing a decent job recruiting isn't he? 

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I saw one of the AU beat writers mention Norvell reaching out to Dillingham but haven’t seen Woodson mentioned. 

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Might he want Dilly? He's doing a decent job recruiting isn't he? 

At least with Dilly there is a obvious replacement in Chad Morris. And yes! Dilly has been huge in OL crutin this cycle.

6 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I saw one of the AU beat writers mention Norvell reaching out to Dillingham but haven’t seen Woodson mentioned. 

Thanks fam. Love to hear it.

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Unless Kiffin takes him. Venables or Aranda could be good options for Memphis. However, it’d wind up being a stepping stone hire. 

Baby Briles would certainly choose being the Head coach of Memphis over being the ole Miss OC right? I think those 2 are playing the kirby smart long game and waiting for a major job to hire them.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

At least with Dilly there is a obvious replacement in Chad Morris. And yes! Dilly has been huge in OL crutin this cycle.

Well he can go then. We only need to recruit OL every four years. :-\

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I agree but that's not the perception of it. FSU has a lot of cache in the national media. We would crush them in a bidding war though *knock on wood*.

I think the bloom is off the rose at FSU after Jumbo's last year and Taggart's experience.    Plus legal problems with so many of their players.    The new  coach will have challenge to rebuild the reputation of Florida State football

32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Baby Briles would certainly choose being the Head coach of Memphis over being the ole Miss OC right? I think those 2 are playing the kirby smart long game and waiting for a major job to hire them.

You’re probably right. Briles could potentially be our coach at some point. 

27 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I think the bloom is off the rose at FSU after Jumbo's last year and Taggart's experience.    Plus legal problems with so many of their players.    The new  coach will have challenge to rebuild the reputation of Florida State football

They kept calling FSU a blue blood in the AAC Championship game. I not sure I necessarily agree with it. 

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

They kept calling FSU a blue blood in the AAC Championship game. I not sure I necessarily agree with it. 

Agree, I don't think they have been a Blueblood ever but maybe back in heyday of Bowden... certainly not lately

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree, I don't think they have been a Blueblood ever but maybe back in heyday of Bowden... certainly not lately

They won the national title this decade.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

They won the national title this decade.

That does not make them a blue blood. At least not in my mind. I have always thought of them as a little bit of an outlaw School.🙄

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

That does not make them a blue blood. At least not in my mind. I have always thought of them as a little bit of an outlaw School.🙄

They have 3 national titles, have made the playoffs, and finished in the Top 5 for 14 straight years at one point.  That's pretty damn blue blood.

Also, you said "certainly not lately".  Simply pointing out that they won a title and made the playoffs the next year in this very decade.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

They have 3 national titles, have made the playoffs, and finished in the Top 5 for 14 straight years at one point.  That's pretty damn blue blood.

Also, you said "certainly not lately".  Simply pointing out that they won a title and made the playoffs the next year in this very decade.

Okay that's your opinion. Still look at them as an outlaw School under Jimbo and have not seen anything to make me believe otherwise.

41 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

They are def not a blue blood. The only true blue bloods to me are Oklahoma, USC, Ohio State, Bama, Texas and Notre Dame. FSU I would put in the almost blue blood category along with us. Miami is the hardest one to gauge. They have 5 claimed natties but they are 73rd all time in wins lol. 

Archived