Null



Sign in to follow this  
GwillMac6

FSU hires Mike Norvell

Recommended Posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




@Maverick.AU we got a couple land mines to avoid now. First that momma is  not calling Marcus Woodson home to his alma mater ole Miss like we already talked about AND that norvell doesn't want to re hire Woodson and bring him to Tally with him. 

Ole Miss is obviously a step down but FSU is a lateral move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK....good mover for FSU.....but another coach with a rather thin resume' but I guess that's who is available these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

but FSU is a lateral move.

from Auburn?......says who?    I sure don't see it.   Inferior facilities and inferior conference...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

from Auburn?......says who?    I sure don't see it.   Inferior facilities and inferior conference...

I agree but that's not the perception of it. FSU has a lot of cache in the national media. We would crush them in a bidding war though *knock on wood*.

Edited by GwillMac6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I really hope Memphis can hire someone decent then join a real conference to hold them there. Fuente followed by Norvell were both excellent coaching hires for them. 

Kendal Briles? Fits the mold of Norvell. Hell he has a better resume than norvell when he was hired at Memphis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Kendal Briles? Fits the mold of Norvell. Hell he has a better resume than norvell when he was hired at Memphis.

Unless Kiffin takes him. Venables or Aranda could be good options for Memphis. However, it’d wind up being a stepping stone hire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Maverick.AU we got a couple land mines to avoid now. First that momma is  not calling Marcus Woodson home to his alma mater ole Miss like we already talked about AND that norvell doesn't want to re hire Woodson and bring him to Tally with him. 

Ole Miss is obviously a step down but FSU is a lateral move.

Might he want Dilly? He's doing a decent job recruiting isn't he? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Maverick.AU we got a couple land mines to avoid now. First that momma is  not calling Marcus Woodson home to his alma mater ole Miss like we already talked about AND that norvell doesn't want to re hire Woodson and bring him to Tally with him. 

Ole Miss is obviously a step down but FSU is a lateral move.

I saw one of the AU beat writers mention Norvell reaching out to Dillingham but haven’t seen Woodson mentioned. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Might he want Dilly? He's doing a decent job recruiting isn't he? 

At least with Dilly there is a obvious replacement in Chad Morris. And yes! Dilly has been huge in OL crutin this cycle.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I saw one of the AU beat writers mention Norvell reaching out to Dillingham but haven’t seen Woodson mentioned. 

Thanks fam. Love to hear it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Unless Kiffin takes him. Venables or Aranda could be good options for Memphis. However, it’d wind up being a stepping stone hire. 

Baby Briles would certainly choose being the Head coach of Memphis over being the ole Miss OC right? I think those 2 are playing the kirby smart long game and waiting for a major job to hire them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

At least with Dilly there is a obvious replacement in Chad Morris. And yes! Dilly has been huge in OL crutin this cycle.

Well he can go then. We only need to recruit OL every four years. :-\

Edited by gr82be
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I agree but that's not the perception of it. FSU has a lot of cache in the national media. We would crush them in a bidding war though *knock on wood*.

I think the bloom is off the rose at FSU after Jumbo's last year and Taggart's experience.    Plus legal problems with so many of their players.    The new  coach will have challenge to rebuild the reputation of Florida State football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Baby Briles would certainly choose being the Head coach of Memphis over being the ole Miss OC right? I think those 2 are playing the kirby smart long game and waiting for a major job to hire them.

You’re probably right. Briles could potentially be our coach at some point. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I think the bloom is off the rose at FSU after Jumbo's last year and Taggart's experience.    Plus legal problems with so many of their players.    The new  coach will have challenge to rebuild the reputation of Florida State football

They kept calling FSU a blue blood in the AAC Championship game. I not sure I necessarily agree with it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

They kept calling FSU a blue blood in the AAC Championship game. I not sure I necessarily agree with it. 

Agree, I don't think they have been a Blueblood ever but maybe back in heyday of Bowden... certainly not lately

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree, I don't think they have been a Blueblood ever but maybe back in heyday of Bowden... certainly not lately

They won the national title this decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

They won the national title this decade.

That does not make them a blue blood. At least not in my mind. I have always thought of them as a little bit of an outlaw School.🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AU64 said:

That does not make them a blue blood. At least not in my mind. I have always thought of them as a little bit of an outlaw School.🙄

They have 3 national titles, have made the playoffs, and finished in the Top 5 for 14 straight years at one point.  That's pretty damn blue blood.

Also, you said "certainly not lately".  Simply pointing out that they won a title and made the playoffs the next year in this very decade.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

They have 3 national titles, have made the playoffs, and finished in the Top 5 for 14 straight years at one point.  That's pretty damn blue blood.

Also, you said "certainly not lately".  Simply pointing out that they won a title and made the playoffs the next year in this very decade.

Okay that's your opinion. Still look at them as an outlaw School under Jimbo and have not seen anything to make me believe otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

They kept calling FSU a blue blood in the AAC Championship game. I not sure I necessarily agree with it. 

They are def not a blue blood. The only true blue bloods to me are Oklahoma, USC, Ohio State, Bama, Texas and Notre Dame. FSU I would put in the almost blue blood category along with us. Miami is the hardest one to gauge. They have 5 claimed natties but they are 73rd all time in wins lol. 

 

Edited by GwillMac6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Members Online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.