December 6-8 Official Visitor Thread

GwillMac6

Big official visitor weekend for Tigers

By Keith Niebuhr

The early signing period is less than two weeks away (it begins Dec. 18) and Auburn is set to host some big names -- and important recruiting targets -- on official visits this weekend. Could this lead to the Tigers adding to their commit list in the near future? It's certainly possible.

So far, we've confirmed eight official visitors and we believe that will be the final number.

Here's what we have ... 

-McKinnley Jackson, DT, Lucedale (Miss.) George County: Auburn probably isn't the favorite, but the Tigers absolutely are a contender. Ole Miss and LSU are tied for the Crystal Ball lead but the Rebels are fading fast after the firing of Matt Luke as coach. Alabama and Texas A&M also are in the mix. The Aggies feel like a bit of a long shot. Alabama, though, is right in the thick of things and he has visited that school a lot. Auburn does not have a single Crystal Ball pick for the country's No. 113 recruit, but intel suggests the Tigers are in this race and relationships are a big reason why. Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and defensive line coach Rodney Garner visited Jackson's school Thursday and Jackson is tight with his area recruiter, secondary coach Marcus Woodson. Jackson has made at least a half-dozen visits to Auburn, but none as important as the one that begins Friday.

• ellitor changed the title to December 6-8 Official Visitor Thread

Auburn leads for No. 2 JUCO CB, decision soon

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

AUBURN | Brian George will announce his commitment soon.

The four-star junior college cornerback is down to Auburn and Texas A&M and plans to make his choice in the next few days.

“Sometime this week on Twitter,” George said. “I’m working with my cameraman on a video right now, so it’s really on his time.”

qwtksatc9ardkponh3ly

George, from Highland Community College in Kansas, said Auburn has the edge entering the week.

“Auburn is at the top,” George said.

It doesn’t hurt the Tigers that George took an official visit to Auburn over the weekend.

“It was a great visit,” George said. “It was my third visit so I’m pretty familiar with the place. It was a great experience. Both sides of my family has seen the place now, so we enjoyed ourselves.”

George has now visited Auburn three times. He also visited last weekend for the Iron Bowl.

“They gave me my first opportunity, my first offer,” George said. “They were the first school to take a big risk on me. Plus, the football standpoint, the coaches, the family. I like to win and Auburn is obviously a winning program.

“I also feel like they give me the best opportunity to come in and go live my dream and take care of my family.”

George doesn’t plan to take anymore visits before announcing his decision.

“I’m done with visits,” he said. “I’ll have an announcement coming soon.”

Rivals ranks George, who is 6-foot-2 and 190 pounds, the No. 4 overall junior college recruit in 2020 and the No. 2 cornerback. He’s a mid-year graduate, so he’ll sign Dec. 18 and enroll in January with three years to play two.

Man this thread will make you smile! Thanks guys. I know these non-game visits are huge because the coaches actually get to talk with the kids and everything’s a little more personal.

Auburn emerges as leader for 4-star JUCO OT

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

AUBURN | Auburn has emerged as the new leader for junior college offensive tackle Jeremy Flax.

Flax, a four-star recruit from Independence Community College in Kansas named Auburn his No. 1 school after spending the weekend on campus for an official visit.

“(My leader) just changed to Auburn from Texas Tech,” Flax said.

fbzdi1dylgjlyawxajzq

Flax and his mother arrived in Auburn on Friday and stayed until Sunday. It was their first visit to Auburn.

“It was really more than I expected,” Flax said. “It was really good. I enjoyed everything. The people, everybody knew who I was for some reason. The whole community was like, ‘War Eagle’ and was telling me how much they love me.”

Flax also feels the need at Auburn.

“I feel like the need is here,” he said. “I know they need me and the opportunity is here. That’s real important. I’m a JUCO guy. I have three years left so I know I have to come out and play.”

Flax will take an official visit to Kentucky Dec. 13-15. He’s already visited Texas Tech. He’ll announce his college choice following his visit to Kentucky.

Auburn is the team to beat.

“It was everything about the visit, but the one thing that stuck out was probably the winning opportunity at Auburn,” Flax said. “At the other places, you aren’t going to be able to win like you can here. The SEC championship, the playoffs, it’s hard to get to at the other places. But here, it’s not going to be as hard.

“And a lot of teams, their quarterback is not as good. I want to block for somebody that’s good and Bo Nix is the truth. I watch him all the time and he’s going to be good.”

Flax will sign Dec. 18 and enroll at a four-year school in January. He’ll have three years to play three.

“My mom’s decision really matters a lot, and she loves Auburn,” Flax said. “She loves everything about it.”

I live up near Smyrna and have seen Smyrna play multiple times both this year and last year. Walker has raw talent and size but dude is very lazy. Hope RG can change that if he ends up with us. 

11 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

I live up near Smyrna and have seen Smyrna play multiple times both this year and last year. Walker has raw talent and size but dude is very lazy. Hope RG can change that if he ends up with us. 

Hope Walker can change that cuz RG wont put up with that. 

Archived