OUTBACK bowl.?

Quietmaninthecorner

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Vs Minnesota 

Auburn  vs Minnesota in the Outback Bowl! Auburn will be the home team wearing navy jerseys.

This is the first time we've ever played against them. 

Link?

I just saw an ESPN Projection saying we go to the Outback and Bama to the Citrus vs Michigan. I guess they are assuming that the committee switches us and Bama in the rankings so they can get the Saban vs Harbough matchup. If we stay ahead of them (which we should, since neither team played) wouldn’t that put us in the Citrus? I love how Bama hasn’t beaten one top 25 team and they are projected to be in a New Years 6 bowl, for tv ratings. Nice merit based sport, college football is. 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just saw an ESPN Projection saying we go to the Outback and Bama to the Citrus vs Michigan. I guess they are assuming that the committee switches us and Bama in the rankings so they can get the Saban vs Harbough matchup. If we stay ahead of them (which we should, since neither team played) wouldn’t that put us in the Citrus? I love how Bama hasn’t beaten one top 25 team and they are projected to be in a New Years 6 bowl, for tv ratings. Nice merit based sport, college football is. 

All about da money

Correct me if I’m wrong but once your outside NY6 bowl selection is not solely determined by ranking. Citrus bowl has first choice of remaining teams outside NY6 so they could consider Bama “more attractive” selection even though we’re ranked higher.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

But I like the idea of Minn.....a team we've never played..... and I am fine with bama-mich.   see which coach makes a bad decision late in the game to lose it for his team..:) 

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Citrus is not a New Year's 6 bowl. Those are Sugar, Rose, Fiesta, Orange, Cotton, and Peach. I think you're (quite understandably) confusing Orange and Citrus.

4 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Citrus is not a New Year's 6 bowl. Those are Sugar, Rose, Fiesta, Orange, Cotton, and Peach. I think you're (quite understandably) confusing Orange and Citrus.

Ahh perhaps so. I think I was swapping Peach and Citrus. Either way! F the Outback Bowl! It feels like we go to Tampa every year! Lol!

Minnesota would be like fighting a girl. If we lose we’ll get mocked. If we win people will just think oh well the bigger name team should win.

I want to clap Michigan lol

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Minnesota would be like fighting a girl. If we lose we’ll get mocked. If we win people will just think oh well the bigger name team should win.

I want to clap Michigan lol

Michigan is just a name. Michigan honestly freaking sucks. Minny is probaly better than them. Can't remember if they played each other this year because the Big 10 is the conference I least pay attention to outside of Ohio State.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Michigan is just a name. Michigan honestly freaking sucks. Minny is probaly better than them. Can't remember if they played each other this year because the Big 10 is the conference I least pay attention to outside of Ohio State.

I agree. Minnesota is better but as a program we’d benefit more from beating the bigger brand. Plus, I’d like to finish the year with a win and we know Gus is usually not stellar in bowl games against similar talent. 

I don't care where we go as long as it isn't going somewhere to play Wisconsin. 

I will be really p****ed if they select Bama ahead of us for citrus though. We beat them head to head, and lost a closer game on the road against LSU. There's literally no justification for them getting the better bowl. 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I agree. Minnesota is better but as a program we’d benefit more from beating the bigger brand. Plus, I’d like to finish the year with a win and we know Gus is usually not stellar in bowl games against similar talent. 

Michigan probaly has more talent than Minny just based on the type of recruits they are able to get but Minny to me was def the better team this year. Both of these teams do nothing for me. Just MEH.

What all has to happen for AU to end up in the Cotton against Memphis? Is it just for Utah and Bama to be behind us in the CFP rankings?

One of six teams would have to drop below us - Georgia, Utah, Baylor, Wisconsin, Florida or Penn State. And of course we can't get jumped by someone else like Alabama.

1 minute ago, AUFlyer99 said:

They have every right to be pissed.  

Hope it carries over to the field, because CPJF will have the gophers ready for sure. I don’t need to see another UCF performance.

Minnesota probably similar to what we saw in Purdue in NFL talent.  I think this is a much better match up for Gus than Michigan. Running over teams with less talent is his strength.  

Archived