OUTBACK bowl.?

Quietmaninthecorner

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You're never going to get over the whole segregation thing was abolished huh? Oh well man you have to move on!

I see that is your new go to.

Give the bammers a try, u could be their new #1 fan.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

What in the Sam-hill are you two talking about?

59 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Brilliant. Fleck coached this season against 3 teams currently ranked and lost to 2. He got outcoached and squeeked by many minnows with less talent and barely beat virtually the same group of Purdue players Malzahn punked in our bowl game (whoops, I mean everybody on the staff except Malzahn). 

So did Nick Saban.

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So did Nick Saban.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Don't forget the faction that will piss all over PJ Fleck as being a joke and everyone that wants/wanted him at Auburn are clueless to the greatness of Gus

22 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Some interesting info IMO, each team has 12 seasons without a loss. A bowl game with 24 undefeated seasons on the field? Minnesota hasn't been successful lately but they have pedigree - 4 national football titles, most recent one just before I was born (1960😁). 

On a less whimsical note
many of our players are not exactly tweeting happily about the committees rankings for Wisco and others and they apparently feel we should be in  different bowl. If our potential high draft picks forego (understandably IMO) playing in the bowl game and others are not happy about going to Tampa this starts looking like the UCF bowl. I'm thinking this group has way more leadership though than that bunch.

Back to my point earlier...there is a system in place for determining who goes where and national ranking is not one of the factors for conference members.  The major bowls have tie-ins with the conferences and generally it depends on where you finish in your conference.   How Wisc got ranked at the end of the season had no bearing on where they went ...Rose Bowl....and pretty much decided where the other SEC teams ended up. ...Georgia to the Sugar Bowl, etc. etc.       I mean...Virginia got beat by about half a hundred and still goes to the Orange Bowl as runner up in the ACC. 

Hope the coaches explain things to the players...or maybe just let them be mad with hope that they will take it out on Minnesota. .:)

Has a UCF letdown feel to it. Wonder if the lackluster causes some of our nfl guys to sit it out, even though this lot has super high character and would otherwise want to bawl out to the last snap. I bet you anything Nix won't sleep on it though. He'll be outnthere giving it hell.

3 hours ago, AUBourne said:

I have never missed a bowl game in Florida. Im actually surprised I feel this way. But I think the last 15 football games I have attended AU won about 2 of them and I'm tired of it. At least the start time is decent this year and I might change my mind depending how many family members go. But right now spending money to watch a 3 loss AU play a team with one potential NFL player is not appealing.

Fair weather fan.  That’s all I have to say

22 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You think you hide it.....you don't. You should try being a decent human, you won't but you should

1 hour ago, AURex said:

I'm happy to be playing Minnesota. They don't have the sheer talent and athleticism of Auburn, but (1) they had a good season including a win over top 10 Penn State, (2) I'm thinking that some of Auburn's stud defensive players will sit, and (3) Gus is not renowned for his bowl performances. So this could be a pretty competitive game for us.

For some reason, I don’t see our players choosing to “sit out” this game. They may fool me but that kind of seems out of character for this group of players. JMO

5 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Fair weather fan.  That’s all I have to say

Yeah, because it's so cool to pass judgment on how people spend their hard earned money.

42 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Beats Birmingham. Beats Nashville.

Bham?  Absolutely.

Nashville?  Not so much.  Give me a party on Broadway and the West End any freaking day.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yeah, because it's so cool to pass judgment on how people spend their hard earned money.

You're going to start seeing a bunch of people you don't ever see start attacking people. People that say that's why I don't ever write on here....and phrases similar to that. It happens every year at bowl time....and some are just the extra accounts of other posters

I believe that individual said he quit WATCHING Auburn games, (for example, on TV),  after the Florida game and that is why I brought that up.    As in, as soon as we had our first loss, he bailed.   

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Bham?  Absolutely.

Nashville?  Not so much.  Give me a party on Broadway and the West End any freaking day.

Nashville is a very cool town. Weather this time of year can be pretty sketchy the only down side

4 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I believe that individual said he quit WATCHING Auburn games, (for example, on TV),  after the Florida game and that is why I brought that up.    As in, as soon as we had our first loss, he bailed.   

Yeah, you can't read.

He said he's never missed a bowl game in Florida.  Big difference.

7 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Nope. Not close.

1 minute ago, MaitlandTiger said:

As a matter of fact, Yes!   Tell me what food I need to bring 

Not related but it does remind me that there is a restaurant near the Columbia in Ybor City called Shrimp and Company.  If you get a chance everyone should try it. By far my favorite place to eat when I go to Tampa. Also dont forget your reservation for Americas best steakhouse, Berns Steakhouse, if your so inclined.

52 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

As a matter of fact, Yes!   Tell me what food I need to bring 

Sounds good.  1pm kick so we usually do it with Mimosas and a good breakfast/brunch food and work our way in.  Tampa Auburn club just posted something too about more details to come.  

Would be nice to get a big group tailgate going.

Archived