OUTBACK bowl.?

Quietmaninthecorner

13 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

good lord please don't go to the game...😜

😁I used to blame my kids for being a jinx.  I'm a bit more realistic about where the issue is now though. I should start going more to games against lower tier teams to fix my record lol. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m guessing based on the areas they do have us beat that they had one incredible stretch of history back when 

Screenshot_2019-12-08-16-51-11~2.png

Just now, kevon67 said:

Wonder how well Minnesota will handle the humidity?.........like others kind of over the Wisconsin matchup.

Ah, this running joke.

I hadn’t started following football at the time so I don’t really have the comprehension for how badly that game must’ve hurt.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/auburn-to-face-minnesota-in-outback-bowl

I’ll be there cheering on my Auburn Tigers! Maybe stay at Patrick AFB, scoot East so the Fam can give Mickey a shout, then watch Gus crush Fleck with a teenage QB.

Kind of like Gus set a record stomping Purdue (who beat Ohio State) last year in Nashville with Tom Brady’s now backup QB!

24 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

It's the money, not the date, that qualifies it as a NY6.

And the SEC splits all the $$, yeah? So AU or UA in Citrus, schools get the same payout?

Let's see… a New Year's Day bowl against Minn....guess I am missing something with the complaining.   Minn. higher in the Big Ten than 3 loss Michigan and Wisc going to the Rose Bowl as the loser of their championship game .... Looks like the bowls followed the formula  

Do some folks just like to bellyache or is there some reason that AU has been "dissed" which some folks are saying?   :dunno:

I guess the upside of this issue is that AU players will want to "show 'em" and be ready to play when the game comes. 

Pre WW2 power but I guess at least they had their time. It does beg the question though, were there facemasks on helmets the last time Minny was good? Heck, were there helmets? 😋

They should be pretty motivated though. Based on the forum post, this is the winning-est team they've had in over a century

image.png

5 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Pre WW2 power but I guess at least they had their time. It does beg the question though, were there facemasks on helmets the last time Minny was good? Heck, were there helmets? 😋

They should be pretty motivated though. Based on the forum post, this is the winning-est team they've had in over a century

image.png

They are excited. I am envious. They feed off of Coach Fleck's energy. Would love to see that happen on the Plains. That is all. 

33 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Screenshot_2019-12-08-16-51-11~2.png

Wait....what?

So, MN actually has MORE NCs than they CLAIM?

Well.....they're certainly no bammer, LOL!

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Let's see… a New Year's Day bowl against Minn....guess I am missing something with the complaining.   Minn. higher in the Big Ten than 3 loss Michigan and Wisc going to the Rose Bowl as the loser of their championship game .... Looks like the bowls followed the formula  

Do some folks just like to bellyache or is there some reason that AU has been "dissed" which some folks are saying?   :dunno:

I guess the upside of this issue is that AU players will want to "show 'em" and be ready to play when the game comes. 

With you 64 because Tampa is a better destination than Dallas imo. I can see Orlando being attractive too. If I was going I'd be happy to go to Tampa. For some reason all football fields look the same on TV so...

I'm really just hoping the team gets to work and gets ready to beat Minnesota. We could use the momentum of a 10 win season. 

24 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/auburn-to-face-minnesota-in-outback-bowl

I’ll be there cheering on my Auburn Tigers! Maybe stay at Patrick AFB, scoot East so the Fam can give Mickey a shout, then watch Gus crush Fleck with a teenage QB.

Kind of like Gus set a record stomping Purdue (who beat Ohio State) last year in Nashville with Tom Brady’s now backup QB!

Patrick to Disney is a long drive if you are going to do it more than once.  Disney is on the opposite side of Orlando.  Staying at Macdill for the duration might be easier.

9 minutes ago, hutchids said:

image.png

They had like 5.5 games back when Minnesota was hot 

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Wait....what?

So, MN actually has MORE NCs than they CLAIM?

Well.....they're certainly no bammer, LOL!

Yeah, right? Alabama goes BEYOND the NCAA qualifiers with their claim. Big shocker..

Just got my ticket and reserved a hotel room in Clearwater beach. I'm excited. Cant wait to see some Auburn fans down there

1 hour ago, AUBourne said:

I have never missed a bowl game in Florida. Im actually surprised I feel this way. But I think the last 15 football games I have attended AU won about 2 of them and I'm tired of it. At least the start time is decent this year and I might change my mind depending how many family members go. But right now spending money to watch a 3 loss AU play a team with one potential NFL player is not appealing.

Noon kick is a decent start time?! I BEG TO DIFFER! lol

7 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Patrick to Disney is a long drive if you are going to do it more than once.  Disney is on the opposite side of Orlando.  Staying at Macdill for the duration might be easier.

We will just drive over for one day, then drive back. We’ve done it before when I had business at Macdill. A little over an hour drive one way.

Beautiful base!

13 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

They are excited. I am envious. They feed off of Coach Fleck's energy. Would love to see that happen on the Plains. That is all. 

wew.jpg

1 hour ago, AUBourne said:

I have never missed a bowl game in Florida. Im actually surprised I feel this way. But I think the last 15 football games I have attended AU won about 2 of them and I'm tired of it. At least the start time is decent this year and I might change my mind depending how many family members go. But right now spending money to watch a 3 loss AU play a team with one potential NFL player is not appealing.

Stay at home 

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Maybe they are just upset Allen Greene couldn’t do anything about it?

As for me, I’m very happy to be playing Minnesota in Tampa!

18 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I’d love to see Auburn play Minnesota’s schedule 

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

Stay at home 

At least it's not Wisconsin...😁

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

We will just drive over for one day, then drive back. We’ve done it before when I had business at Macdill. A little over an hour drive one way.

Beautiful base!

I retired out of Patrick. It is a nice location. 

Archived