Jordan-Hare

auburn4ever

As I was watching the Iron Bowl, I was thinking how cool it would be if Auburn install LED lights. It would look awesome for night games.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

As I was watching the Iron Bowl, I was thinking how cool it would be if Auburn install LED lights. It would look awesome for night games.

Won't give this thumbs down...........for me personally I hate that idea.

They are and we’re going to start after the IB. I can’t remember how much but somewhere between 3-5 million. Apparently the stadium lights we have they no longer make parts for, so it has become a necessity more than let’s do like Bama situation. 

They’re getting installed. Everybody’s gone have to do it at some point. I guess it’ll be okay. It’s not like we haven’t seen lights shows before. Ole miss was doing it before everybody 

It is happening, as AlaskaFAN said above.  It is due to the current lights not having available replacement parts.  LEDs are now more energy effecient, so will be cost saving in the long term.  I don't believe there are any "light show" plans as much as capability to turn on-off quickly (don't have to warm up for  30 minutes like the current metal halide ones) and repair/replace when needed.

9 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Where ever did you get that idea? 😂

Huntsville’s arena has replaced all their lights with LEDs and use it for the minor league hockey team up here.  Every sports/ entertainment venue will adopt this in the next 5 years until the next thing comes along.

1 hour ago, rophle said:

Since we’re talking stadium upgrades; we should really do something about the North Endzone. Anybody got any ideas?😜

North End Zone Lower Bowl Renovation: Raze & rebuild the lower bowl in the North End Zone with more seating (18,000-22,000 seats), “Touchdown Club North” [chairback seating in the lower bowl & an indoor heated & a/c hospitality area with a full cash bar & buffets that offer a variety of food], & a “NorthZone Club” [heated & a/c lounge w/ ~2,500 chair-back stadium seats, restrooms, multiple flat-screen HDTV’s, etc.]

Skyboxes: 2-level luxury executive suites split evenly between 2 floors (25 on each floor ranging from 12-28 seat boxes)

North End Zone Upper Deck: Upper deck concourse that’ll link with the East & West Upper Decks, terrace seating, restrooms, 2 corner video boards in the northeast & northwest corners of the stadium, ramp/elevator towers, concession vendors, Eagle’s Nest

• Brick the exterior of the North End Zone

• Add in elevators & escalators

22 hours ago, GBAU83 said:

I don't believe there are any "light show" plans as much as capability to turn on-off quickly (don't have to warm up for  30 minutes like the current metal halide ones) and repair/replace when needed.

This is my hope. I'm all for LED lights in general, but the flickering light show after every touchdown or first down is just freaking dumb.

The ability to light the stadium in other colors for other events/awareness like larger cities do with their downtown buildings, and like Bama did in all blue for the fallen officer, are great uses as well.

Anyone else notice that the Turds have had like 3 major stadium renovations in the time sense we have done 1? What tf is going on with our athletic department that they refuse to, AT LEAST, fix the North EZ and finish the back of the scoreboard?? No drive!

To be honest the only stadium renovations I care about are ones to help me pee and get a drink without missing an entire quarter of football.  If they want to put on a Pink Floyd laser light show on between plays I really don’t care as long as I don’t miss 30 minutes doing something that shouldn’t take more than 10.

Archived