2020 3* #1 Juco OT Jeremy Flax (Kentucky)

Auburn Kev

28 offers including 11 from P5 schools
Has 3 years to play 3 season (Come in like a RS Soph)
Has become a major priority with Zierer out til Summer at the earliest
AU OV December 6-8

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 3* #1 Juco OT Jeremy Flax

9 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Thank goodness we are a D1 school 

Huh? He has 10 other P5 offers.

Going strictly on ratings, 3 years of eligibility, and mid-year enrollee, I wonder why we weren’t going after him earlier instead of some of the other JUCOs. 

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

AUBURN | Auburn has emerged as the new leader for junior college offensive tackle 

Flax, a four-star recruit from Independence Community College in Kansas named Auburn his No. 1 school after spending the weekend on campus for an official visit.

“(My leader) just changed to Auburn from Texas Tech,” Flax said.

Flax and his mother arrived in Auburn on Friday and stayed until Sunday. It was their first visit to Auburn.

“It was really more than I expected,” Flax said. “It was really good. I enjoyed everything. The people, everybody knew who I was for some reason. The whole community was like, ‘War Eagle’ and was telling me how much they love me.”

Flax also feels the need at Auburn.

“I feel like the need is here,” he said. “I know they need me and the opportunity is here. That’s real important. I’m a JUCO guy. I have three years left so I know I have to come out and play.”

Flax will take an official visit to Kentucky Dec. 13-15. He’s already visited Texas Tech. He’ll announce his college choice following his visit to Kentucky.

Auburn is the team to beat.

“It was everything about the visit, but the one thing that stuck out was probably the winning opportunity at Auburn,” Flax said. “At the other places, you aren’t going to be able to win like you can here. The SEC championship, the playoffs, it’s hard to get to at the other places. But here, it’s not going to be as hard.

“And a lot of teams, their quarterback is not as good. I want to block for somebody that’s good and Bo Nix is the truth. I watch him all the time and he’s going to be good.”

Flax will sign Dec. 18 and enroll at a four-year school in January. He’ll have three years to play three.

“My mom’s decision really matters a lot, and she loves Auburn,” Flax said. “She loves everything about it.”

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Going strictly on ratings, 3 years of eligibility, and mid-year enrollee, I wonder why we weren’t going after him earlier instead of some of the other JUCOs. 

@Gowebb11 This was his 1st season playing football since he finished high school in 2018 & he generated no offers or interest out of HS. True definition of a late bloomer. He just got rated by 247 & Rivals.

8 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

@ellitor do you think our ceiling is still #8 with Brian George likely committing to AU? 

Yes. He's a low 4* in ranking terms. I was counting him as a possibility in our original discussion.

41 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Ah crap it’s not us /sarcasm

If he wants to play for the University of Auburn I’m okay with that!

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

If he wants to play for the University of Auburn I’m okay with that!

Those bastards take half our recruits I swear! Lol

5 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Having been to Lubbock numerous times. I love our chances!!

Kentucky is the bigger threat. He OVs them next weekend.

38 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well we're definitely going to see how much of a developer Grimes is. There's at least 2 diamond in the roughs we've seem to come across this cycle 

We’ve already seen how good of a Developer he is. He took a completely awful line and turned them into good pass Blockers and from atrocious run blockers to just bad run blockers.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

We’ve already seen how good of a Developer he is. He took a completely awful line and turned them into good pass Blockers and from atrocious run blockers to just bad run blockers.

Good would be a stretch... average maybe

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Good would be a stretch... average maybe

I actually saw UGAs first list of candidates to replace Pittman as O Line coach. The first two were Herb Hand and JB. 😅

Archived