2020 3* #1 Juco OT Jeremy Flax (Kentucky)

Auburn Kev

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

I actually saw UGAs first list of candidates to replace Pittman as O Line coach. The first two were Herb Hand and JB. 😅

You're lying, right?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigbird said:

You're lying, right?

No. I think it was from Dawgvent. I will try to find and forward. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

No. I think it was from Dawgvent. I will try to find and forward. 

That's too awesome. Please take JB

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's too awesome. Please take JB

It was dawgsports. Listed Hand, Grimes, Luke, and some guy I’ve never heard of. I got my hopes up too, then noticed the article said Kirby would be looking for a strong recruiter. Darn it. 

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It was dawgsports. Listed Hand, Grimes, Luke, and some guy I’ve never heard of. I got my hopes up too, then noticed the article said Kirby would be looking for a strong recruiter. Darn it. 

If they claim Luke off of waivers and we don't...uggh

al.com

Auburn surges in front for nation's top JUCO OT

Updated Dec 08, 2019;Posted Dec 08, 2019

4 minutes

Auburn Football

Jeremy Flax, the nation's top junior college offensive tackle, took an official visit to Auburn over the weekend.

The nation’s top junior college offensive tackle has a new leader.

Three-star prospect Jeremy Flax named Auburn as his leader, overtaking Texas Tech in his recruitment, following an official visit to the Plains during the weekend. Flax placed Auburn firmly atop his list, which also includes Texas Tech and Kentucky.

“It was everything about the visit, but the one thing that stuck out was probably just the winning opportunity," Flax said. "Those other places, you’re probably not going to win like you can here — SEC championships, playoffs, it’s just hard to get into that at those other places, but here, it’s not going to be that way.”

Flax previously took an official visit to Texas Tech in mid-November, and he will take his final official to Kentucky next weekend before making his decision. He plans to sign during the early signing period, which begins Dec. 18, and will enroll in classes in January after graduating from Independence Community College in Kansas.

A 6-foot-6, 330-pounder originally from Detroit, Flax will have three years of eligibility remaining at whichever school he signs with. He is rated as a three-star prospect, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, which list him as the top JUCO offensive tackle and the No. 16 overall JUCO prospect this cycle.

Auburn currently has seven offensive linemen committed to its 2020 class, including offensive tackles Javion Cohen, Killian Zierer, Brenden Coffey and Jonathan Buskey.

With Auburn losing six offensive linemen after this season, including four starters, Flax sees an opportunity to step in immediately and compete for a starting job at offensive tackle. That, he said, is one of the most appealing selling points for Auburn as he nears his decision.

“It’s real important, really, because I’m a JUCO guy," Flax said. "I already got two years gone, my redshirt year gone, so I only got three left. I know I got to come out and play, so that’s real important knowing that I can come here and get that opportunity to get that starting spot.”

The other major selling point for Flax? The talent that Auburn is set to bring back at the offensive skill positions, with a receiving corps set to bring back Seth Williams, Anthony Schwartz, Eli Stove, Shedrick Jackson and Matthew Hill, among others, as well as a backfield with Boobee Whitlow, D.J. Williams, Shaun Shivers and Harold Joiner. Of course, there’s also quarterback Bo Nix, who is just a freshman.

“That jumped out, too,” Flax said. "Like a lot of teams, the quarterback’s not as good. I want to block for somebody good that I know is going to be like that. Bo Nix is the truth. Like, I watch him all the time; he’s a dude.”

Ultimately, though, one of the biggest factors for Flax will be the blessing of his mother, who was along with him for his official visit to Auburn.

“Her decision really matters a lot,” Flax said. "If she don’t like the school, I’m not going to go there. It’s that simple. She loves it, though. Everything about it — she loves the coaching staff, she loves it all. Mom’s got the blessing, so it’s just up to me if I want to make the decision.”

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I actually saw UGAs first list of candidates to replace Pittman as O Line coach. The first two were Herb Hand and JB. 😅

Shhhhhhh! You are not allowed to say nice things about a current or former OL coach that was hired by Gus. It's against company policy. You've been around here long enough to know that!

:)

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Good would be a stretch... average maybe

Statistically we were good pass blocking line minus Kim. Bo scrambled quite a bit but a good part of that was him bailing the pocket too early.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Hand would fit that perfectly. Get good players but can’t coach them up. I’m cool with that.

Just now, ellitor said:

Statistically we were good pass blocking line. Bo scrambled quite a bit but a good part of that was him bailing the pocket too early.

Interesting that Stidham and Nix have the same criticisms about bailing early behind the same OL.

Common denominator stuff and all...

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Interesting that Stidham and Nix have the same criticisms about bailing early behind the same OL.

See edited post. One player on a line can make a big difference. Also the line was straight garbage last year. They did show overall improvement this year particularly in pass blocking, except for the aforementioned Kim of coarse.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

See edited post. One player on a line can make a big difference. Also the line was straight garbage last year. They did show overall improvement this year particularly in pass blocking, except for the aforementioned Kim of coarse.

I really hated that about Kim, I was screaming at the tv during FL game to make substitution.  Not Nix but Kim.  OMG he was killing us.  That was the coaching mistake in my book.  He was causing so many problems.

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I swear that I watched Stidham go from playing like he was still behind our OL to realizing that he wasn't to playing with more confidence and accuracy than we saw his entire 2nd season here... in his first NFL game. Pre-season, sure, but he was still playing against more talent than he did in almost any game at AU. 

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

We’ve already seen how good of a Developer he is. He took a completely awful line and turned them into good pass Blockers and from atrocious run blockers to just bad run blockers.

Not quite the developer I’d like to see this cycle, I’m HOPING for more out of him since we only hired him to develop and nothing else 

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not quite the developer I’d like to see this cycle, I’m HOPING for more out of him since we only hired him to develop and nothing else 

Honestly not bad given by his own words this was the least talented power five conference offensive line he’s ever had. As one of my old coaches used to say you can’t turn chicken 💩 into chicken salad.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Honestly not bad given by his own words this was the least talented power five conference offensive line he’s ever had. As one of my old coaches used to say you can’t turn chicken 💩 into chicken salad.

Yep the pass blocking improved. I think he got the most out of the talent he had to work with

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If Brahms stays healthy next season I feel so much more comfortably about our  Offensive Line than this past season. Even if we don't get Flax which I think we will, the line will be much improved.

3 hours ago, Mysticbear said:

If Brahms stays healthy next season I feel so much more comfortably about our  Offensive Line than this past season. Even if we don't get Flax which I think we will, the line will be much improved.

There’s some quality returning guys on this roster we couldn’t see for a myriad of reasons. I think we’ll see a big improvement 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I was just clowning. He isn’t bad at his role but we can’t get as behind as we were with recruits again. Ol Dilly won’t be here to bail him out 

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I was just clowning. He isn’t bad at his role but we can’t get as behind as we were with recruits again. Ol Dilly won’t be here to bail him out 

No but Chad Morris would be an upgrade as a recruiter if we land him.

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No but Chad Morris would be an upgrade as a recruiter if we land him.

I agree. We should be able to land him if Gus says the right things. The financials...well Auburn never had a problem with that. 

You think Chad is enough to keep the OL guys Dilly recruited?

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I agree. We should be able to land him if Gus says the right things. The financials...well Auburn never had a problem with that. 

Financial won't be an issue as he will be getting money from Arky as well for a few years. AU won't have to pay as much as it would otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You think Chad is enough to keep the OL guys Dilly recruited?

The recruits Dilly landed committed to AU & Dilly sold AU more so than himself. The commits he landed are locked in except for Buskey due to grades & Cohen who was already on flip watch.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Financial won't be an issue as he will be getting money from Arky as well for a few years. AU won't have to pay as much as it would otherwise.

The recruits Dilly landed committed to AU & Dilly sold AU more so than himself. The commits he landed are locked in except for Buskey due to grades & Cohen who was already on flip watch.

Image result for pleasant surprise gif

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Image result for pleasant surprise gif

reewr.gif

Archived