2020 3* #1 Juco OT Jeremy Flax (Kentucky)

Auburn Kev

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

We pull Flax in, and this has to be the greatest Junior College Offensive Line class in NCAA recruiting history 

Is this something to brag about or silently lament the need for?

22 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

We pull Flax in, and this has to be the greatest Junior College Offensive Line class in NCAA recruiting history 

That was the plan 4 years ago. Undersign OL so we can bring in the best JUCO class ever!

24 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Why lament the need for it? What's wrong with bringing in players that can play now?

Because jucos aren't a slam dunk. There's a high miss rate with the higher rated jucos historically.

23 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Why lament the need for it? What's wrong with bringing in players that can play now?

Glad we’re bringing in quality guys that can hopefully contribute immediately. The fact that we’re bringing in essentially a signing class number of OL all from JUCO should be a red flag 🚩 

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

Glad we’re bringing in quality guys that can hopefully contribute immediately. The fact that we’re bringing in essentially a signing class number of OL all from JUCO should be a red flag 🚩 

Yup. Gus had better learn no more 1-2 HS OL in a class. He better be taking 4 or so every class even if the guys aren't his top 4 wants.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Gus had better learn no more 1-2 HS OL in a class. He better be taking 4 or so every class even if the guys aren't his top 4 wants.

Yep. Hard to say if he will actually learn that lesson. Although at this point I have no idea how many years he has left here.

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yep. Hard to say if he will actually learn that lesson. Although at this point I have no idea how many years he has left here.

If he works well with Chad Morris and O improves he might be here for a while.  With the Morris hire a guy with that much experience and a guy Gus likes we will find out how stubborn Gus is. If we get the exact same O next year then Gus has not learned anything and should be let go. I think Gus is a pretty good coach, but he needs to become an elite coach for Auburn to get to where we want Auburn to be. Gus has gotten better as a coach in the fact that he hired some top notch people to run his D and it has shown with how well the D has played. Now he has hired a top notch OC and QB coach will he utilize him? 

24 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Let's keep such matters & discussion in the football forum & off the recruiting forum please.

Due to recent events, landing Flax has become a rather huge deal! With Cohen proving to be a jerk, Busky's grade problems and one of the others tearing up a knee a group that was once a lot of OT prospects has dwindled in a hurry.

Often I see kids measurements and it says 6'5" or 6"6" then I see them in a picture with Gus who is tall but not that tall and they are close to same height. This kid towers above Gus so measurements are fairly accurate. I agree with Goweb11 he is a very big man. 

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Often I see kids measurements and it says 6'5" or 6"6" then I see them in a picture with Gus who is tall but not that tall and they are close to same height. This kid towers above Gus so measurements are fairly accurate. I agree with Goweb11 he is a very big man. 

From all reports and my own personal opinion ...I think Gus stands a good 6'4

On 12/12/2019 at 5:47 AM, Gowebb11 said:

Flax is a very very large man. 

Barry Bonds once attributed his freakish increase in size to flax seed oil.  Maybe there’s some truth to that after all.  🤣🤣🤣

Archived