2020 3* #1 Juco OT Jeremy Flax (Kentucky)

Auburn Kev

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Ask Mikey, he has a list.

This year the list contains 17 scholarship OL guys. Make your own list, I'm not making another one for you. All you need is a roster, paper and pencil.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be getting solid prospects signed up for future years.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not even "We have Depth"? Even Mikey's on board now...

I have always been on board with recruiting the best possible prospects to Auburn, regardless of position. We have had good depth, but graduating five in one year requires re-stocking.

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Some guys want to get an education while playing football. Some guys want to play football while getting an education. Guessing it was the latter for Flax and that's admirable, especially if it's a career choice in regard to a major. It's just tough to lose a football recruit to a non-football power like Kentucky. 

Kentucky should become a football power with Joey though

51 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This year the list contains 17 scholarship OL guys. Make your own list, I'm not making another one for you. All you need is a roster, paper and pencil.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be getting solid prospects signed up for future years.

SENIORS

Prince Sammons

JUNIORS

Nick Brahms (Started 5 games for us)

Brodarius Hamm

Alec Jackson (converted DL)

Tashawn Manning (converted DL)

Austin Troxell (Recovering from second knee surgery)

SOPHOMORES

Jalil Irvin

Kameron Stutts

RS FRESHMAN

Kamaar Bell

Keiondre Jones

Justin Osborne

Count them yourself Mikey. That’s 11, not 17. Stop lying to people to fit your flawed agenda. We have a depth problem at OL. This is a fact.

16 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

SENIORS

Prince Sammons

JUNIORS

Nick Brahms (Started 5 games for us)

Brodarius Hamm

Alec Jackson (converted DL)

Tashawn Manning (converted DL)

Austin Troxell (Recovering from second knee surgery)

SOPHOMORES

Jalil Irvin

Kameron Stutts

RS FRESHMAN

Kamaar Bell

Keiondre Jones

Justin Osborne

Count them yourself Mikey. That’s 11, not 17. Stop lying to people to fit your flawed agenda. We have a depth problem at OL. This is a fact.

Why are you lying by posting an incomplete list? You are talking about next year! There will be at least 5 signees to add to your list, plus Bill Taylor. That's 17 O-line guys, 3.4 per position, which is fully adequate depth. Your math is flawed.

17 hours ago, Zeek said:

JB Grimes just isn't the dude in terms of recruiting. I know the Gus & OL recruit dynamic has been discussed ad nauseum but we have to figure something out. We have quantity in this class but we're lacking (and we can debate the merit of rankings all day) in quality. Despite losing four starters and our next best two OL (Kim and Sharp) we don't have a single OL commit higher than 3* and we have one commit we're not even sure will be eligible.

It's hard not to be frustrated.

I don't foresee anything changing in that regard though.

Totally agree.  A 3* JUCO every once in a while to fill an unexpected void is ok.  But trying to make a living off of them is completely unacceptable for an SECW team.  

The irony in all the "WTF....Kentucky?" talk about Flax.......that is exactly the reverse of what is going on between the two schools in men's bball, lol

Just now, Auburn Kev said:

Well, Auburn may have missed on a three-star offensive tackle who signed with Kentucky;  LSU's lost s five star receiver to Maryland. 

Increasingly the state of Maryland is churning out some top talent. 

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

A kid from Virginia that we are not even recruiting is somehow a beatdown? Then I guess there's a few 5* guys out in California that we took a beatdown on also.

no....I was just referring to Kentucky getting another OL this week while we are missing out on some guys.   Just frustration.  hopefully we flipped a guy today.   I am just now starting my lunch/launch to find out.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Clearly LSU needs to fire their WR coach...

(I am not a Grimes apologist, but the melt over Flax has been ridiculous.)

Out of likes so "Like"

Archived