Derrick Brown AP SEC Defensive Player of the Year

Auburn Kev

AU marketing should have started a DB for Heisman campaign at the beginning of the year.  What he has done this year should at least get him an invite to NY.

I hope Derrick sits the bowl game. He is too good of a kid and done enough for AU as it is. I would not be able to sleep if he or Marlon for that matter were to get injured in that game. With that said, I kinda expect them to play.

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I hope Derrick sits the bowl game. He is too good of a kid and done enough for AU as it is. I would not be able to sleep if he or Marlon for that matter were to get injured in that game. With that said, I kinda expect them to play.

I expect them to play.  Their brothers will be out there fighting for 10 wins.  They are not going to be on sideline watching if they are good to go.  Now Marlon may actually still be hurting from his back so maybe he has injury reason to sit.

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Same reason Brown is loved by everyone, same reason he's gonna be a top 10 pick... is the same reason why he'll be playing in this bowl.

35 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I expect them to play.  Their brothers will be out there fighting for 10 wins.  They are not going to be on sideline watching if they are good to go.  Now Marlon may actually still be hurting from his back so maybe he has injury reason to sit.

I agree. I just absolutely do not want anything to happen to either of these guys to risk the millions of dollars they are going to make. I am pretty sure they will...just saying.

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Such a weird way to word that tweet...

How about 2nd SEC POY in three years?

My thoughts exactly. I was going to say almost the same thing. Let's see, if we say it in days it makes it seem so long ago...

Derrick Brown is Auburn's first SEC Player of the Year in 730 days!!!:-\

4 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Same reason Brown is loved by everyone, same reason he's gonna be a top 10 pick... is the same reason why he'll be playing in this bowl.

Well stated

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Snubbed on the Bronko N. Award.

Wouldn't call it a snub, he lost to Chase Young. He has 16.5 sacks this year. 

On 12/9/2019 at 12:08 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

I am being selfish in my wishes, but expect him to probably play. He has already played the regular season and is a Team Leader, so I would expect him to compete and complete the year. JMO

30 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I am being selfish in my wishes, but expect him to probably play. He has already played the regular season and is a Team Leader, so I would expect him to compete and complete the year. JMO

I respect that. I would love to see D.B. come wreck havoc against the boat rowers and I expect him to do so.....I am just so thankful he already passed on millions to come be with us another year. He is probably my new all time favorite overall AU men....(if not THE fav then top 3) and I do not want to see him risk his future. I will enjoy it if he does, but will not blame him one bit and will breathe a sigh of relief if he doesn't TBH.

On 12/10/2019 at 2:46 PM, Randman5000 said:

Chase young is short listed for the Heisman

I guess I just hold reward winners to a higher standard. I honestly don't expect anything less TBH......When they let Crablegs win the Heisman....I gave up all hope.

Archived