Dillingham to FSU

McLoofus

8 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Could Chad bring about any change in Gus's play-calling and how the O operates? Or just be another body on the sidelines?

Chad is someone that Gus trust and respects

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Could Chad bring about any change in Gus's play-calling and how the O operates? Or just be another body on the sidelines?

No, it's going to be Gus's offense and Gus will call the plays. If you don't want a head coach calling plays, best to hire an HC that came up on the defensive side of the ball. However, Morris is a good QB coach and will fit right in. Good or bad idea, we aren't going to get another play caller.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No, it's going to be Gus's offense and Gus will call the plays. If you don't want a head coach calling plays, best to hire an HC that came up on the defensive side of the ball. However, Morris is a good QB coach and will fit right in. Good or bad idea, we aren't going to get another play caller.

Alrighty then.....Both very good points.

18 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Chad is Gus’s protege. At the very least there will be mutual respect.

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Morris AND Luke would be good.

Never a bad idea to have multiple former head coaches on the staff, gives more perspective and knowledge. Not that Gus would necessarily use their knowledge 😑

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Would love to see him mentoring Bo

39 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I actually am not opposed to this idea. If the OC is nothing but a title and position coach in our system anyway....why not. 

I do hate to lose Dilly for his recruiting. He has played a pretty nice role in several commitments we have this cycle. 

An OC does more than call plays. Dilly did most of the behind the scenes work with the offense, to include organizing and running the offensive practices, making the offensive game plan from film, etc.. He also had a role in play calling. Dilly gives Gus 2-3 options, and Gus made the final decision. Surprised he’s jumping to FSU though. He and Norvell had the same arrangement that he had with Gus, so it’s not like he’s getting more freedom or anything. It’s a lateral to a broken program. He must just really love Norvell. 

Just now, AUFriction said:

An OC does more than call plays. Dilly did most of the behind the scenes work with the offense, to include organizing and rubbing the offensive practices, making the offensive game plan from film, etc.. He also had a role in play calling. Dilly gives him 2-3 options, and he makes the final decision. Surprised he’s jumping to FSU though. He and Norvell had the same arrangement that he had with Gus. It’s a lateral to a broken program. He must just really love Norvell. 

Why would he not when Norvell gave him his first true opportunity? 

An OC does more than call plays. Dilly did most of the behind the scenes work with the offense, to include organizing and rubbing the offensive practices, making the offensive game plan from film, etc.. He also had a role in play calling. Dilly gives him 2-3 options, and he makes the final decision. Surprised he’s jumping to FSU though. He and Norvell had the same arrangement that he had with Gus. It’s a lateral to a broken program. He must just really love Norvell. 

I'm beginning to understand why the offense was so discombobulated most of the year.  Dateline NBC incoming...

This thread is Auburn fast.  My question for Chad would be who is calling the plays?  Would Chad let Gus run the show or would this be another who’s calling the plays scenario?  Luke would check a couple more boxes for Auburn needs.  This offense is a dominant line away from being scary again.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

An OC does more than call plays. Dilly did most of the behind the scenes work with the offense, to include organizing and running the offensive practices, making the offensive game plan from film, etc.. He also had a role in play calling. Dilly gives Gus 2-3 options, and Gus made the final decision. Surprised he’s jumping to FSU though. He and Norvell had the same arrangement that he had with Gus. It’s a lateral to a broken program. He must just really love Norvell. 

Also primary or secondary on 8 of our commitments

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I'm beginning to understand why the offense was so discombobulated most of the year.  Dateline NBC incoming...

*running

😂😂😂😂❤️

7 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Never a bad idea to have multiple former head coaches on the staff, gives more perspective and knowledge. Not that Gus would necessarily use their knowledge 😑

Didn't workout for my Falcons this year, think we had 4-5 previous head coaches on staff. 

Our offensive problems this year seemed more to do with game prep than play calling. Maybe Gus was dissatisfied with how Dilly was preparing the offense and encouraged him to follow Norvell??

Just now, atl-tiger said:

Didn't workout for my Falcons this year, think we had 4-5 previous head coaches on staff. 

The NFL is a different animal.  You have a terrible offensive line and you can't fix that with just a new coach.  You gotta go out and draft/sign some new players

Our offensive problems this year seemed more to do with game prep than play calling. Maybe Gus was dissatisfied with how Dilly was preparing the offense and encouraged him to follow Norvell??

I have a feeling it was Dilly who approached Gus, and not the other way around.

No. Our problems was inability to block by interior linemen. 

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

NFL is totally different from college. It also helps that Luke and Morris are great recruiters and appears to have solid technical coaching for QB and OL. 

Archived