Dillingham to FSU

McLoofus

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Our offensive problems this year seemed more to do with game prep than play calling. Maybe Gus was dissatisfied with how Dilly was preparing the offense and encouraged him to follow Norvell??

I think Dilly just saw a chance to rejoin his former HC but at a P5 school.  Norvell may give him a little more responsibility and mentoring too.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Squidward2016 said:

Looks like we might be getting a really quick turnaround on this one 

Get him here now! 

16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I have a feeling it was Dilly who approached Gus, and not the other way around.

I'm wondering  if it were more Dilly being loyal to Norvell or Dilly wanting to get away from Gus.

Just now, lutzcammed said:

I'm wondering  if it were more Dilly being loyal to Norvell or Dilly wanting to get away from Gus.

The default assumption should definitely be loyalty to Norvell. If he didn’t follow Norvell to be OC at a P5 school I’d be stunned. Obvious career move that means nothing against Gus/their relationship 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Big news if Chad Morris does come. Gus would actually be more open to adapting his offense. 

One could only hope!

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Big news if Chad Morris does come. Gus would actually be more open to adapting his offense. 

Maybe Chad will be able to make the personnel changes on who plays. Gosh I just want to not know the play call by the personnel. 

3 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

026B7D7B-B2A4-40F9-9A9F-7ECF759F9B7F.jpeg

Well if we don’t get him, Jeff Scott O coordinator of Clemson got the USF job. He and Morris were co-O-coordinators together. 

Think I heard (can't remember where) Chad Morris was looking to snag the UTSA head coaching gig. If he can't get a G5 head coach position, he'd be better off with a P5 coordinator position. G5 coordinating is "damaged goods" territory and Morris' biggest issue at Arkansas was Arkansas and Beilema's abhorrent recruiting and system shock

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Passive aggressive much?  :lol:

Sometimes you have to show how silly it sounds for others to see!

7 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Won't be a done deal until he gets here. Dabo may be loosing one of his OC's, and may talk Morris back to Clempson.

3 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Think I heard (can't remember where) Chad Morris was looking to snag the UTSA head coaching gig. If he can't get a G5 head coach position, he'd be better off with a P5 coordinator position. G5 coordinating is "damaged goods" territory and Morris' biggest issue at Arkansas was Arkansas and Beilema's abhorrent recruiting and system shock

Withdrew his name from consideration.

20 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Both can be true at once.

Just curious. How long do you think Gus has known about Dilly and been looking? I assume you give your HC a heads up that there is interest? And then they put out feelers? 

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Just curious. How long do you think Gus has known about Dilly and been looking? I assume you give your HC a heads up that there is interest? And then they put out feelers? 

I think if Morris actually gets hired as OC, then Dilly was probably nudged out.  If not, it should have been known there was a chance he was leaving once Norvell was named HC at FSU.

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

We're going from only hiring former Auburn players for the offensive staff to 2 former SEC head coaches!

Exactly my point.  I’m not sure any proven or experienced offensive coaches want to work for Gus. 

Archived