Dillingham to FSU

McLoofus

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Chad is my hope

The only question now is will Gus allow Chad any input? If so it is a good hire. Gus is a good OC . His problem is he needs to have someone he trust enough to feed him information and show him weaknesses in his game plan . Every coach needs someone they trust to scout their tendencies. Maybe he will believe in Chad enough to listen. Also I think Chad will be the oldest OC Gus has hired. He is just a few years younger , so maybe that’s a good starting point. 🤔

22 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Why would Morris take the job?  Why would anybody take the Auburn OC (in name only) job?

I think it will either be a no name hire or most likely promotion from within.. Kodi Burns. 

Why do we expect after 7 years Gus hires and hands off the offense to a legit OC a year after he publicly claims play calling responsibility?

11 hours ago, japantiger said:

Why would Morris take the job?  Why would anybody take the Auburn OC (in name only) job?

Maybe because him and Gus are good friends and he can pick up some money and get back involved. Look at Kiffin, and a lot of other HCs that got fired and took another job as an OC, DC or even an analyst. It’s not about needing a job, it’s about keeping their name in the business in hopes of getting another shot. 

19 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Maybe because him and Gus are good friends and he can pick up some money 

Morris has an offset provision in his contract with Arky which means he won’t pick up any money unless AU were to pay him more than what Arky owes him and even then he would only pick up the amount that exceeds the Arky amount.  

38 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Morris has an offset provision in his contract with Arky which means he won’t pick up any money unless AU were to pay him more than what Arky owes him and even then he would only pick up the amount that exceeds the Arky amount.  

Interesting.  I think he was making over $3M at Arky, we paid dilly $500K last year. 

5 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

Interesting.  I think he was making over $3M at Arky, we paid dilly $500K last year. 

They owe him 10 million between now and 2023 minus how much he got from Arky when he left . 
I suspect his salary to be around 750000 and 1 million a year.

7 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Best wishes to Coach Dilly.  Thanks for all you did in your year on the plains.

Agree. I think the slant passes for the WRs were much better and looking especially at the sideline passes were a thing of beauty in the Uat game. I think he was good for Bo as well. Helped him make it through his freshman season. Thanks Dilly good luck in the future. 

Archived