Dillingham to FSU

McLoofus

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I'd say go after Matt Luke.  He was Co-OC under Freeze.  Then retire Grimes and let Luke be the OL coach.

I actually am not opposed to this idea. If the OC is nothing but a title and position coach in our system anyway....why not. 

I do hate to lose Dilly for his recruiting. He has played a pretty nice role in several commitments we have this cycle. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Marcello reporting Dilly to FSU as OC.

Good for him. 

I'd say go after Matt Luke.  He was Co-OC under Freeze.  Then retire Grimes and let Luke be the OL coach.

I'm all for this. Excellent OL coach, great recruiter...

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I actually am not opposed to this idea. If the OC is nothing but a title and position coach in our system anyway....why not. 

I do hate to lose Dilly for his recruiting. He has played a pretty nice role in several commitments we have this cycle. 

Luke is an excellent recruiter in his own right.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Luke is an excellent recruiter in his own right.

I agree. Would rather have both on staff to be honest. I think Sam Pittman going to Arky should help us with some OL battles with UGA...hopefully

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Ryan Pugh. Gus is gonna coordinate the O and call the plays anyway.

2 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Ryan Pugh. Gus is gonna coordinate the O and call the plays anyway.

Luke is a more experienced OL coach, can give good input on offense, and is a more proven recruiter.  The only thing Pugh has a leg up on Luke in is being an Auburn grad. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Luke is a more experienced OL coach, can give good input on offense, and is a more proven recruiter.  The only thing Pugh has a leg up on Luke in is being an Auburn grad. 

Good point. We are in severe need of a OL coach and  OL recruiter. I would be happy with either. 

Pugh is also inexperienced enough as to allow him to be molded in Gus’ image, he has that going for him.  Each year I am hopeful we see the change in Gus, the new hire at OC will be a key indicator.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Chad is my hope

If we could move Grimes along, that wouldn't be a bad deal either - Morris as QB/OC, Luke as OL coach.  Or make them Co-OCs.  It won't matter since Gus is the play caller.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Chad is my hope

Could Chad bring about any change in Gus's play-calling and how the O operates? Or just be another body on the sidelines?

If we could move Grimes along, that wouldn't be a bad deal either - Morris as QB/OC, Luke as OL coach.  Or make them Co-OCs.  It won't matter since Gus is the play caller.

Best case scenario right there

21 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Tremendous idea. Kill two birds with one Luke. Recruits loved Luke and he had a solid OL. We know Gus isn't giving up play calling. 

I’m good with Luke or Morris. Both have been head coaches and are solid recruiters. Prefer Luke for the OL of course. 

7 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Could Chad bring about any change in Gus's play-calling and how the O operates? Or just be another body on the sidelines?

This. It would be pointless because Gus already said he's not giving up play calling. Unless we used Chad like a passing coordinator (similar to LSU's strat)

Archived