Chad Morris leading candidate to be AU's new OC.

GwillMac6

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1: Would he coach the bowl game?

2: If this happens and Gus lets Morris truly run the show on offense, I would likely admit that I was fully wrong in hoping Gus would get canned this year. Crow I'll gladly eat!

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Both the Gus Bus and the Morris Taurus on the Plain at the same time on the same team!

COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!!!! 

https://247sports.com/Player/Chandler-Morris-46040236/

I hope this happens. I needed a change from status quo to be able to anticipate the new season. 

I hate to be negative but the extent of input Gus will let Chad have in this offense is the phrase Yes Sir.  Same with Lindsey, same with Lashlee, and the same it would be if Lincoln Riley was the OC.

I think it would be great... but Who would call plays? I don’t think Chad would take a job knowing that he would not have control of the offense. I know that they are very good friends but I just don’t see how they would be able to work together doing the same job. But he is a very good recruiter!!

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Would Morris be probably one of the only coaches in the country he’d actually let control the offense?

I think he was going to give that to Freeze last year. Now I don’t know. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Would Morris be probably one of the only coaches in the country he’d actually let control the offense?

From 1% the former coordinators had to about 5% for Chad.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think he would have to for Morris to agree to come here.

Just now, gr82b4au said:

I think it would be great... but Who would call plays? I don’t think Chad would take a job knowing that he would not have control of the offense. I know that they are very good friends but I just don’t see how they would be able to work together doing the same job. But he is a very good recruiter!!

Lindsey did not think he would see handcuffs either.

2 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Lindsey did not think he would see handcuffs either.

True. I never really thought he was that great. He may end up good down the road but his offense never was great before AU. It was decent this year although Troy’s team overall was a major disappointment. 

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

The question is not who is gonna call plays, but can Morris be a great QB coach.  That was the big key for Coach D 

Absolutely. I would say that is what he is most known for. That and his recruiting ability.

Gus not giving up play calling. But if Morris is actually hired, he’ll definitely have some much needed input. Morris  will only be using this as a steppingstone anyway to get back to being HC somewhere again

I could see Chad and Gus in a room scheming the offensive game plan. They out think themselves with counters to the counters to the point their heads explode. 

Whether he calls plays or not, he's a proven recruiter and would most likely be able to have some great game planning contributions. Gus will respect what Chad Morris has to say, I don't know that any OC outside of RL had that benefit. 

14 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I hate to be negative but the extent of input Gus will let Chad have in this offense is the phrase Yes Sir.  Same with Lindsey, same with Lashlee, and the same it would be if Lincoln Riley was the OC.

Gus trust Chad. Gus never trusted Rhett, Chip, Dilly. Chad would have much more imput and freedom. His QB work and recruiting would also be an upgrade too.

Archived