Chad Morris leading candidate to be AU's new OC.

GwillMac6

I hope we get CM. He is a great QB developer, great OC and Great recruiter. Let's all be honest about our positions here. If you like Gus you would say he would let go of the Off. and let CCM take care of it and just give his input. If you hate Gus you say why would he come when Gus would never let go of the Off.. The reality probably is somewhere in between. Which ever view you take I think you are not being honest if you don't say that in every way he would be a great pick up for us and we will be better if we get him.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Gus should look at the success LSU had this year and use that as a possible roadmap. 

There's that funny word: "should." But pigs will fly before Gus does that. If he lets Morris come in and run the offense rather than just being an analyst, I'll start wondering if hell froze over.

17 minutes ago, bg5 said:

I hope we get CM. He is a great QB developer, great OC and Great recruiter. Let's all be honest about our positions here. If you like Gus you would say he would let go of the Off. and let CCM take care of it and just give his input. If you hate Gus you say why would he come when Gus would never let go of the Off.. The reality probably is somewhere in between. Which ever view you take I think you are not being honest if you don't say that in every way he would be a great pick up for us and we will be better if we get him.

Amen 

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Man anything other than Morris at Luke would be disappointing 

Oh man, I've waited a long time to dust this one off....

Morris and Luke are their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If Auburn cannot pull them in by Friday, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

12 minutes ago, bg5 said:

I think we all know the offense could be better with CCM on staff. 

It's a question of will it be better. 

We can't know the O will be better until we see it.  

25 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Man anything other than Morris at Luke would be disappointing 

It's being rumored Luke may be turning to the dark side as UGA's new Oline coach per The Scoop.  

12 hours ago, AuburnMike86 said:

I know Chad Morris was a good OC at Tulsa and Clemson but I wasn't really impressed with his SMU/Arkansas led teams. I know running the entire program as the HC is different than just focusing on the offense so it could work out, I'm just not sold on him. 

giphy-18.gif

10 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Gus should look at the success LSU had this year and use that as a possible roadmap. 

So many things he should have been looking at this whole time. But he's not interested in anyone else's ideas, no matter how successful they might be.

Folks should pass on thinking that Chad failed at Arky. Remember fat Bert stocked the ranks of Arky with big slow guys. Not the type to run Chad’s type offense . So he Pretty much had to retool his whole team. Arky screwed their self again hiring Pitman because he now will have to take his team back to like it was with Bert. 😂  I think Arky would have been smart to give Chad another year. Look at UT they were at a point that they contemplated moving on from Jeremy and then all of a sudden they are going bowling. Also some times with coordinators going into HC positions they are either offensive guys or defensive guys and rarely know much about the other side and usually make bad coordinator hiring early on. Like Gus with Ellis. 

14 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Folks should pass on thinking that Chad failed at Arky. Remember fat Bert stocked the ranks of Arky with big slow guys. Not the type to run Chad’s type offense . So he Pretty much had to retool his whole team. Arky screwed their self again hiring Pitman because he now will have to take his team back to like it was with Bert. 😂  I think Arky would have been smart to give Chad another year. Look at UT they were at a point that they contemplated moving on from Jeremy and then all of a sudden they are going bowling. Also some times with coordinators going into HC positions they are either offensive guys or defensive guys and rarely know much about the other side and usually make bad coordinator hiring early on. Like Gus with Ellis. 

It's hard to judge anyone's success's based on a tenure at Arkansas. Bad fit = players not a match for your system + plus a hard place to recruit = good luck

10 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Chad should've tailored his offense to the players he had on his roster even if he inherited them.  A complete and total overhaul with a bunch of big slow players was impossible and as an experienced HC he should've recognized that and adjusted rather than force his scheme on those guys while he proceeded to lose games every freaking week.  Was he stubborn and refused to adjust to his roster?  Did he recognize he even needed to make adjustments? Who knows?

But he systematically lost the team, the fan base and the PTB at Arky and he is now being paid to not coach there.

I'd still love to have him here as OC, he will have the offensive players he needs to run his scheme's and I believe would welcome a second set of eyes that speaks his language and he can trust.

COME ON OVER CHAD!

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Chad should've tailored his offense to the players he had on his roster even if he inherited them.  A complete and total overhaul with a bunch of big slow players was impossible and as an experienced HC he should've recognized that and adjusted rather than force his scheme on those guys while he proceeded to lose games every freaking week.  Was he stubborn and refused to adjust to his roster?  Did he recognize he even needed to make adjustments? Who knows?

But he systematically lost the team, the fan base and the PTB at Arky and he is now being paid to not coach there.

I'd still love to have him here as OC, he will have the offensive players he needs to run his scheme's and I believe would welcome a second set of eyes that speaks his language and he can trust.

COME ON OVER CHAD!

The problem is he ostracized the players and eventually the fanbase. Some of the things I hear he said to them underneath the scene didn’t go over well and in public it seemed like he often threw the players under the bus. For you to be a leader , you got to be able to role model your vision to those under you. Chad was not able to do that and you see the results. I think Pittman will be great for Arkansas. 

As Cole said, I just don’t want to run it up the middle every time we get a first down. 
Hopefully CM can explain to Gus that it is wasting a play. Maybe he will listen to him. 

Just now, gr82b4au said:

As Cole said, I just don’t want to run it up the middle every time we get a first down. 
Hopefully CM can explain to Gus that it is wasting a play. Maybe he will listen to him. 

I actually have come to believe that the run up the middle on first down is actually Gus's huddle for second and even third down. I think it gives him time to think and hey, if it gets him a few yards in the meantime then great. 

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

With Criswell seemingly being an Arky lock now, getting this guy at least guarantees our back up QB option 

I don't think it guarantees that at all. I think Morris is headed to Okie town regardless of Daddy Morris. 

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

source.gif

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

I think we all know the offense could be better with CCM on staff. 

It's a question of will it be better. 

We can't know the O will be better until we see it.  

Gus gas stated multiple times that AU is a “good” team. Well, good will not win championships any longer. He needs to commit to making AU a “GREAT” team and do everything in his power to make that happen. Will he?  Only time will tell. I hope he can and it would be a great start with hiring an OC that can transition AU to the next level and keep us there for the long haul. 

On the topic of Matt Luke here is what a 247 Uga mod said: “Talking with sources, it is NOT a done deal. Could he end up at UGA? Starting to look that way, but right now nothing is official.”

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

The problem is he ostracized the players and eventually the fanbase. Some of the things I hear he said to them underneath the scene didn’t go over well and in public it seemed like he often threw the players under the bus. For you to be a leader , you got to be able to role model your vision to those under you. Chad was not able to do that and you see the results. I think Pittman will be great for Arkansas. 

He was a polarizing HC. His fan base started having issues with the amount of time he was spending in Texas watching Chandler play HS ball - his son's a 4* DTQB and highly recruited.  But during the season SEC level coaching demands full attention and focus in order to prep for games on Saturday, Chad spending Friday nights in Texas when his team looked unprepared and overwhelmed while losing so badly became a thorn to the Arky folks.

I know absolutely nothing about Pittman, never even knew his name until Arky announced him as HC.  But I don't think that program could possibly go deeper into the cellar, Chad re-wrote the record books over there in a bad bad way.

Dearmon would probably LOVE to come back to Auburn. His wife at least has family in north Alabama and with 3 kiddos now, I'm sure they'd appreciate being closer to them.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This x 10000000

Archived