Chad Morris leading candidate to be AU's new OC.

GwillMac6

9 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

Bird knows these things. I look up to bird.

You should always be very careful when you look up to a bird, just in case. 

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either Morris, McGee or Burns would be good picks that fit IMO but those guys are too solid in their own right to play the Dillingham "pretend-OC" roll. And yes I'm one if the "Malzahn 5🤣" that think Gus needs to be both HC & de facto OC.

49 minutes ago, alexava said:

I think he was going to give that to Freeze last year. Now I don’t know. 

im pretty sure he was told NO on the Freeze hire.   He might get the Green light on this one.

Silly question(s), but how much would Gus give em the reigns to run the offense?  What all would this impact pass route development wise and playcalling?

43 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gus trust Chad. Gus never trusted Rhett, Chip, Dilly. Chad would have much more imput and freedom. His QB work and recruiting would also be an upgrade too.

Gus won’t and isn’t ever going to trust anyone to run his offense at AU. If Chad comes, I have my doubts he will, this will end up like it did with Chip. 

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No. Chad would be an onfield coach and therefore we could recruit his son

I assume his son plays football?

:poke:

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Out of likes so...

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Question is, did Gus even wait until Dilly left his office before he called Morris up and said, "Chad, bro, go ahead and pack your bags. You ain't going to believe what just happened..."

It could also just have been a conversation had several times between friends saying they'd like to work together at some point if the opportunity arose. It does seem like someone was sitting on ready for sure. 

It has been a while since everyone came together and got this excited for anything Auburn football.  I saw a moment of it after the Iron Bowl.  Makes my heart just as full as seeing Georgia get throttled by LSU.

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Time to show my age: Red Skelton Gertrude & Heathcliff

Hey Gertrude!

Yeah Heathcliff.

Look down - It's the ship of fools.

How do you know?

They're looking up!

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:
16 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

unnamed.gif

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Absolutely. I would say that is what he is most known for. That and his recruiting ability.

Coached Deshaun Watson who’s not a bad qb! 😝 

Just now, auskip07 said:

im pretty sure he was told NO on the Freeze hire.   He might get the Green light on this one.

No he wasn’t. He had the green light to get Freeze. Gus has had the green light to do what he wants for 3 plus years other than hire little Briles. 

2 minutes ago, Scottie said:

Silly question(s), but how much would Gus give em the reigns to run the offense?  What all would this impact pass route development wise and playcalling?

Not silly at all.  ....matter of fact it's the most pertinent question(s) in this thread.

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Either Morris, McGee or Burns would be good picks that fit IMO but those guys are too solid in their own right to play the Dillingham "pretend-OC" roll. And yes I'm one if the "Malzahn 5🤣" that think Gus needs to be both HC & de facto OC.

Gus is a good Head Coach. Gus is a bad OC now. Chad is a bad Head Coach. Chad is a awesome OC. Let Chad call the plays or at least have a lot of input and instill his passing concepts.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus won’t and isn’t ever going to trust anyone to run his offense at AU. If Chap comes, I have my doubts he will, this will end up like it did with Chip. 

He wouldn't trust him to run the O. Gus will always run that. However, I think Gus will trust him for development, scheming, and game planning much more than any of the others. Chad, Hugh, and Art are the only coaches Gus would listen to.

9 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus won’t and isn’t ever going to trust anyone to run his offense at AU. If Chap comes, I have my doubts he will, this will end up like it did with Chip. 

I was wondering what an insider's take would be.

Yeah, just feels like JGBG to me.  I'll hold my opinion until I see the product on the field in 2020 (the season.... NOT the bowl game).

Feels no different than the last few years.....

21 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

Am I the only one here that finds this one of the most disturbing things ever posted on this board?

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

He wouldn't trust him to run the O. Gus will always run that. However, I think Gus will trust him for development, scheming, and game planning much more than any of the others. Chad, Hugh, and Art are the only coaches Gus would listen to.

The one coach that Gus would truly listen to isn’t even mentioned in your post. He just took Dilly back. 

Why would Chad take the job with Gus for What you mentioned right now? Wait and see what comes open first before you become a Gus yes boy. Makes no sense. IMO. 

48 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gus trust Chad. Gus never trusted Rhett, Chip, Dilly. Chad would have much more imput and freedom. His QB work and recruiting would also be an upgrade too.

Chad has done it at a high level and would make an immediate impact . Huge get if true 

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I was wondering what an insider's take would be.

Yeah, just feels like JGBG to me.  I'll hold my opinion until I see the product on the field in 2020 (the season.... NOT the bowl game).

Feels no different than the last few years.....

Chad isn’t a Dilly Dilly guy. Chad is a proven OC at a very high level. Come to work for a guy who won’t let you do your job at a high level or not even do the job, call plays? 

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The one coach that Gus would truly listen to isn’t even mentioned in your post. He just took Dilly back. 

Why would Chad take the job with Gus for What you mentioned right now? Wait and see what comes open first before you become a Gus yes boy. Makes no sense. IMO. 

What legit power 5 school would hire Chad as a HC ? Haha none. This would be his best opportunity unless he wants to coach at Memphis and still that would be questionable 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Chad isn’t a Dilly Dilly guy. Chad is a proven OC at a very high level. Come to work for a guy who won’t let you do your job at a high level or not even do the job, call plays? 

If I read you correctly, yes.  This is what I expect based on years of evidence.

As I've said the last few years.... I hope Gus FINALLY proves me wrong.  But I ain't holding my breath.

Archived