Chad Morris leading candidate to be AU's new OC.

GwillMac6

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Dilly was leaving way before Norvell got the FSU job. Gus didn’t do the things that he told Dilly he was going to do. So Dilly found another job. 

As he should have. 

This is all really depressing btw. 

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Dilly was leaving way before Norvell got the FSU job. Gus didn’t do the things that he told Dilly he was going to do. So Dilly found another job. 

Money is the driving force for almost all decisions FWIW. 

Maybe . I mean at this point he is gone, so you tell me this now means absolutely nothing lol. But we can go back and forth all day. I am just going to see what happens. You choose not to believe it, I choose to believe it could work. Agree to disagree.

3 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

He was a good HC at SMU.  I think Arkansas jumped the gun in firing him after only 2 years.

He was okay coach and no Arkansas did right by getting rid of him. I think Sam Pittman will do good things there but that’s neither here nor there. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Dilly was leaving way before Norvell got the FSU job. Gus didn’t do the things that he told Dilly he was going to do. 

Gee, in the strongest yellow font possible, I am shocked!

3 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

He was a good HC at SMU.  I think Arkansas jumped the gun in firing him after only 2 years.

It’s all about fit. Chad didn’t fit in well at Arkansas. 

They seem to like their coaches a little rough around the edges. Pittman will fit right in. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It’s all about fit. Chad didn’t fit in well at Arkansas. 

They seem to like their coaches a little rough around the edges. Pittman will fit right in. 

Darn it. I thought you had an update that we had hired someone. 😂😂😂 

20 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What exactly did Gus say he was going to do but failed to do? IIRC, it was pretty cut and dry that Dilly was going to be the OC from Sunday-Friday, but Gus would be the playcaller.

21 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What exactly did Gus say he was going to do? Not doubting you, it just seemed to me that Gus was up front on what the situation was gonna be. 

4 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

What exactly did Gus say he was going to do but failed to do? IIRC, it was pretty cut and dry that Dilly was going to be the OC from Sunday-Friday, but Gus would be the playcaller.

Dilly wasn’t even a true OC at Memphis based on what I read. He picked from three plays and recommended them to Norvell. Someone correct me if I am wrong? But that’s why I was like whatever to the hire last year. Gus is betting on himself. I know he still will with Chad but I am open he would at least let Chad coach the QBs and add some changes to the passing skeleton. I feel like Chad is smart enough to decipher this and that will be telling based on what happens this week. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Gus trust Chad. Gus never trusted Rhett, Chip, Dilly. Chad would have much more imput and freedom. His QB work and recruiting would also be an upgrade too.

What he ♤ said. If this happens I see this being the missing piece of the puzzle. We'll see....

8 minutes ago, rophle said:

What exactly did Gus say he was going to do? Not doubting you, it just seemed to me that Gus was up front on what the situation was gonna be. 

I'd like to know what Gus reneged on with Dilly as well.  Gus was pretty black & white with what he and Dilly would be doing in that offense to the point where I can't believe he made Dilly promises beyond what he said publicly.  Now I do believe Gus made promises to Lindsey that he didn't keep, but Dilly was here to recruit, coach QB's and help with play selection he was not here to coordinate that offense. 

3 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

Auburn should target a Mark Freeman (Thompson head coach) would help develop a better receiving core and allow a more passing options and schemes for Bo Nix 

Yep when everyone goes one way we go the other. LSU hires an NFL coach we hire a high school coach. We on some next level thinking.

What about Papa Nix? Bobby Bentley?

Could we even mesh NFL concepts with a high school offense?

44 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

So getting back to Matt Luke ....  is this the part where we say hire someone to coach the Qb and let Gus call the plays?

This guy gets it! 

Someone send a airplane banner around Auburn. #HireMattLuke

6 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Yep when everyone goes one way we go the other. LSU hires an NFL coach we hire a high school coach. We on some next level thinking.

What about Papa Nix? Bobby Bentley?

Could we even mesh NFL concepts with a high school offense?

Honestly if we can get some different schemes into the passing game I could see this offense exploding. You see what LSU has done. I think if you put a whole new offense in great thing would come from it.

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

I'd like to know what Gus reneged on with Dilly as well.  Gus was pretty black & white with what he and Dilly would be doing in that offense to the point where I can't believe he made Dilly promises beyond what he said publicly.  Now I do believe Gus made promises to Lindsey that he didn't keep, but Dilly was here to recruit, coach QB's and help with play selection he was not here to coordinate that offense. 

I have no idea what it might be about, but I never assume we hear the full story. In fact, I always assume the opposite.

9 minutes ago, keesler said:

Sounds like drama for the sake of drama to me. It looks like Dilly is leaving to be an OC for a guy he’s close to and he has worked for. Maybe he will have more say in the offense at FSU. This doesn’t look like a Chip Lindsey situation to me.

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Did you really just say that a Burns promotion to OC is equivalent to a Chad Morris hire? Is there a Burns out there that you're referencing other than Kodi?

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

He was okay coach and no Arkansas did right by getting rid of him. I think Sam Pittman will do good things there but that’s neither here nor there. 

I am on both sides of this coin. I think Arky could have benefited by giving him another year....in a different world where he hadn't lost the team. Chad didn't get a team buy in which he had to have in order to complete the rebuild. From everything said after he being fired....it appeared as there were 2 factions....Bert boys and Chad boys....Bert Boys weren't bought in. 

I really think Arky couldn't afford to keep him. I think they did a good job with the hire they made with all things considered. I don't know that Pittman is the guy to get them to consistantly 8-5, but he is a good choice to lay some bricks ( yea Butch). 

32 minutes ago, DAG said:

Dilly wasn’t even a true OC at Memphis based on what I read. He picked from three plays and recommended them to Norvell. Someone correct me if I am wrong? But that’s why I was like whatever to the hire last year. Gus is betting on himself. I know he still will with Chad but I am open he would at least let Chad coach the QBs and add some changes to the passing skeleton. I feel like Chad is smart enough to decipher this and that will be telling based on what happens this week. 

Thats how I understood his role at Memphis as well. 

JMO but based on Chad Morris’ head coaching stints, he will not be getting a HC gig anytime soon, I would think he would need to go back to being an OC and do something incredibly special to even be considered for a HC again.. Chad Morris come on down.. we need something special for this offense. 

Archived