Null



Sign in to follow this  
GwillMac6

Chad Morris leading candidate to be AU's new OC.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Gus will ever allow anyone other than Gus himself to be the OC and run offense the way it should be run. I'm guessing no.

I am not sure this matters. Getting another offensive minded person who Gus trusts and respects in the planning room has more potential to open up Gus to different and better plays. Likewise, having someone on headset that Gus trusts and respects increases the chances that Gus calls better plays himself.

Alternatively, there is possibility is two strong-willed personalities conflict.

But I think the risk is worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Does any of these moves change when we have an important 3rd and 7 we don't come out in the wildcat? 

Or the famous hurry up and run up the middle? 

Or the this wr can only do this and this wr can only do that mentality? 

If we can get rid of ANY of those things we'd be moving in the right direction

Excellent analysis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Gus trust Chad. Gus never trusted Rhett, Chip, Dilly. Chad would have much more imput and freedom. His QB work and recruiting would also be an upgrade too.

How much more input are you talking? How can he have more without calling plays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AuMarine said:

Me too.. the offense will still be there and they never have problems getting 5 star receivers.. I have no idea who their backup is but I bet they will not have any problems hauling in 5 star QBs with that offense. 

I heard Burrow called a generational QB today. They compared him (more his success than style) to Danny Wuerffel and Cam Newton,  I’m hoping they are right, which would mean next man up cant be as good. Could be wishful thinking on my part.lol. Don’t need LSU to continue this success.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any truth to the rumor that Lefty is in the running?

I mean Chad Morris on one hand or Lefty on the other.... can’t really lose either way, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I heard Burrow called a generational QB today. They compared him (more his success than style) to Danny Wuerffel and Cam Newton,  I’m hoping they are right, which would mean next man up cant be as good. Could be wishful thinking on my part.lol. Don’t need LSU to continue this success.

Joe Burrow broke the single season completion percentage record. This guy is the real deal and highly doubt the next guy is near that level. JMO. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

I heard Burrow called a generational QB today. They compared him (more his success than style) to Danny Wuerffel and Cam Newton,  I’m hoping they are right, which would mean next man up cant be as good. Could be wishful thinking on my part.lol. Don’t need LSU to continue this success.

 Burrow has flourished under this offense, he is a great QB and has everything you are looking for.. I just do not think LSU will be going anywhere.. they recruit big time talent and now they have the philosophy to take advantage of it.. I am guessing their qb position will be a plug and play type thing.. which is why I wish we could move on from whatever our offense is.. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Any truth to the rumor that Lefty is in the running?

I mean Chad Morris on one hand or Lefty on the other.... can’t really lose either way, correct?

Wait we got a chance at snagging Phil Mickelson?? 😂 I kid I kid. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Joe Burrow broke the single season completion percentage record. This guy is the real deal and highly doubt the next guy is near that level. JMO. 

You are right Burrow is the real deal.  No way the next guy should ever be compared to Burrow, and probably will not get to that level, however with their receivers and backs, the next guy only needs to be efficient..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, meh130 said:

I am not sure this matters. Getting another offensive minded person who Gus trusts and respects in the planning room has more potential to open up Gus to different and better plays. Likewise, having someone on headset that Gus trusts and respects increases the chances that Gus calls better plays himself.

Alternatively, there is possibility is two strong-willed personalities conflict.

But I think the risk is worth it.

This is kind of what I was trying to say, but you said it much better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we land Morris and keep Steele we would have two of the top coordinators in College Football.  I'm still not sure Morris will take the job. I think CCM would call the plays but critical plays would be Gus or joint decision of the two. Both involved in game plan with Chad Morris handling QB coaching and development. I think Malzahn would trust Morris more than anyone out there and certainly more than any other Coordinator he has had. I really liked Dilly but I wouldn't feel real good with him calling the plays either. Hope Chad Morris becomes an Auburn man for at least a couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Would Morris be probably one of the only coaches in the country he’d actually let control the offense?

They say there are no stupid questions but.......maybe this one. Gus ain't letting nobody eff up his high school offense.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Wait we got a chance at snagging Phil Mickelson?? 😂 I kid I kid. 

I mean, there have been games where Phil probably couldn’t have done worse. 🤷‍♂️

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

They say there are no stupid questions but.......maybe this one. Gus ain't letting nobody eff up his high school offense.

Technically it's their high school offense.

WDE!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Misposted in another thread)

Wasn't Chad Morris' piggie offensive line a game-time and recruiting weakness at Arky?  

I'd really like to see a top notch line coach.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at Kevin Steele.......bad HC, very good DC.  Same could be said of Chad Morris.....bad HC, but a very good OC.  Remains to be seen.  If nothing else, a great recruiter and QB developer.  If Gus wants to keep being OC, I am sure CCM would have a lot of input in the offense plus you get the other benefits to go along with it.  Sign me up.  Let's get it done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roe4christ said:

Look at Kevin Steele.......bad HC, very good DC.  Same could be said of Chad Morris.....bad HC, but a very good OC.  Remains to be seen.  If nothing else, a great recruiter and QB developer.  If Gus wants to keep being OC, I am sure CCM would have a lot of input in the offense plus you get the other benefits to go along with it.  Sign me up.  Let's get it done.

Look at Gus. Good head coach. Bad OC. Used to be a good OC. Chad Morris no matter if he calls plays or not gives us a elite QB coach and a really good recruiter. Sign me up as well!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could care less if Gus trust Chad or not.  But if he didn’t why in the heck would he even hire him?  
 

Bottom line is the guys get paid millions to figure it out.   Between the two of them,   I like the total experience.   That is what I would be investing in.   Experience.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im sorry, I do not see Gus letting anybody ever call plays again.  I don’t see Gus letting anybody, even good friend Chad, change his schemes or passing game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

images (4).jpeg

images (6).jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how good of a QB coach/recruiter is Chad Morris?

He coached Tajh Boyd and recruited Deshaun Watson.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

 

When you lose your OC before the bowl game but remember that he didn’t do anything.

 

5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d?width=750&auto=

Glad people are realizing this and not trying to fall for the bait 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

I think it will be interesting to see if his success continues with a different QB. I have no idea but will be fun to watch.

Get another transfer. 

Their current backup is probably not their QB for next year but might have a red shirt stashed away somewhere.  Easiest thing is to get a grad transfer who wants to step up in class.  I'm guessing there are some out there.  No need to sweat it out for 3 or 4 years with an incoming freshman if you can get a mature guy with a couple seasons behind him and adapt him to your scheme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this