Chad Morris Hired as OC

ClaytonAU

2 hours ago, Mysticbear said:

Kind of hoping he does, we have recruited so well and the turn out is not so good only Seth Williams and Hastings have really shown growth. 

For the record, I am NOT anti-Kodi. I posted that with tongue firmly planted in cheek..

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

If everyone's willing to drive that far I'll send all the kids to their friends' houses right now.

Just a short 19 hours...

58 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I used to be a knob Creek fan, but Buffalo Trace has taken it's place

BT is excellent and much more cost effective!🥴

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Stop with this. We have 2 really awesome DB coaches. If you want to see bad DB play look no further back than the Ellis Johnson era. Absolutely horrific.

I agree....Ted Roof....then downgraded to Ellis Johnson. Which was it that was obsessed with Tampa 2? I think that was Roof. We would always give a 10-15 yard cushion. Couldn't stop a WR screen if the game depended on it.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Everybody is way way to harsh on Kodi. HE IS NOT the problem. The offense he is a WRs coach for IS. Hopefully the version of Malzahns offense we should of been using all along which is what took Dabo's career and Clemsons program to the next level is what we will start to see more and more of now that Chad is here.

Well said. I actually think our WRs have improved vastly since Kodi has been here over DC. 

There is no downside to this hire.  

We have the hope that these two can sit down and evolve the playbook and toss a bunch of it. At this point you have 2 more years at least with Nix, develop the offense around him and fit his strengths into it not what the coaches want to be.

Only Gus can change how he calls a game and I just don’t see that being discussed between them, for obvious reasons.

We gain a more experienced QB coach that hopefully will be able to work more on fundamentals, improve pocket movement and awareness and including making reads, progressions and checkdowns.

GUI We maintain a strong recruiter out of the position and gain one with tons of connections in the hotbeds of FL, GA and TX.

If Morris is able to help modernize this offense and redesign the looks of the core plays it will unite the fan base on Gus on the biggest issue.

If Morris can get Gus to stop running up the middle after a first down when going fast he will make everybody happy, since I believe everyone is in agreement on that!!!

Now it is just a matter of if Gus is willing to any of the things on this list pertaining to him.  I am hopeful for the players and what it could do for Auburn, it is what is needed.

I am just now seeing this tweet. Am I missing something here???

I can't see Kevin leaving now.  Had Gus not made any changes, maybe.  However with Gus making this hire, you have to think that things can only get better on offense which will be better for his defense.  Who knows?

48 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

My Top 3...

Buffalo 

Maker’s

Jim Beam Black

Problem is, I can’t find Buffalo anywhere anymore. I had some about a month ago at Missionary Ridge but it was because one of my guys stopped by the distillery on the way down from Ohio and picked up a bottle.

I used to have a really awesome bar in the man cave and after a taste test one night, determined that Woodford Reserve was trash compared to its price, Four Roses was strong, but Elijah Craig took the cake. Larceny was also quite good, along with Buffalo Trace. Jefferson’s is also one of my favs.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

there have been rumors for awhile now about the 4th highest paid assistant coach in college football.

54 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Have you tried Knob creek?

You really should also try Eagle Rare.  It is distributed by Buffalo Trace.

Just now, auburnphan said:

there have been rumors for awhile now about the 4th highest paid assistant coach in college football.

I personally thought all of that was just message board fodder. First time I have seen anyone say this who does this for a living.

8 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

I can't see Kevin leaving now.  Had Gus not made any changes, maybe.  However with Gus making this hire, you have to think that things can only get better on offense which will be better for his defense.  Who knows?

I seriously doubt Steele was ever planning on leaving. Why make this conclusion?

1 minute ago, shabby said:

I seriously doubt Steele was ever planning on leaving. Why make this conclusion?

Because of what was mentioned above in the Football Scoop post.  I don't think it is an issue either.  I think they are just looking for a story to create, which usually is the case in the media.  I am getting more excited about this team.  Addressing some needed changes.  If we would make a OL change, I think that would be the icing on the cake for this offseason. 

Unless Gus takes his hands off the offense, it doesn't matter who the OC is, we will still see the same offense. If Gus insists on being the OC, we need a passing game coordinator and a QB coach. He is neither. It was a remarkable season given the schedule we had but with a passing tree with a branch or two and a QB coach to work on Nix's footwork, we easily could have been undefeated. This year was  a waste of a championship defense and that is hard to get over.

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I highly doubt he’s going anywhere. The next move he makes is retirement, don’t think he’s trying to keep moving

48 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

My kitchen counter.....

Knob.jpg

That came out of left field ..

.... blah. I hope he don’t get in the way of Gus. Clemson didn’t win a NT with Chad and wasn’t Chad and Steele on staff when they got torched in that bowl game by West Virginia? Get ya troll on get ya muda liven troll on what.

12 minutes ago, lca408 said:

Problem is, I can’t find Buffalo anywhere anymore. I had some about a month ago at Missionary Ridge but it was because one of my guys stopped by the distillery on the way down from Ohio and picked up a bottle.

I used to have a really awesome bar in the man cave and after a taste test one night, determined that Woodford Reserve was trash compared to its price, Four Roses was strong, but Elijah Craig took the cake. Larceny was also quite good, along with Buffalo Trace. Jefferson’s is also one of my favs.

A friend suggested Buffalo to me a few months ago and I was hooked. I’ve bounced between Maker’s, Knob and Elijah and Jim Beam Black. Shame you can’t find Buffalo. All the liquor stores near me have it.

I have seen those post who want Morris in full control of this offense. I disagree. Let me explain. 
Malzhan is the one who took Morris under his tutelage.  But along the way Morris has went to more of a pass oriented rpo, where Gus is run.  Both were successful.  Now you have 2 who know this system who can feed off the strengths of both with the Mastermind still present. 
So the hope is suddenly you see the tight ends become a major weapon and more imagination in the passing game with strengths being utilized.  Still you have the Gus eye candy going on and much more happening in the backfield beside a single back set

Just now, lost said:

I have seen those post who want Morris in full control of this offense. I disagree. Let me explain. 
Malzhan is the one who took Morris under his tutelage.  But along the way Morris has went to more of a pass oriented rpo, where Gus is run.  Both were successful.  Now you have 2 who know this system who can feed off the strengths of both with the Mastermind still present. 
So the hope is suddenly you see the tight ends become a major weapon and more imagination in the passing game with strengths being utilized.  Still you have the Gus eye candy going on and much more happening in the backfield beside a single back set

I either want Gus in full control or Chad in full control. The worst crap would be the 2018 offense which was a tug of war between Gus and Chip. That is how you lose games to a awful Rocky Top team.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I either want Gus in full control or Chad in full control. The worst crap would be the 2018 offense which was a tug of war between Gus and Chip. That is how you lose games to a awful Rocky Top team.

What I described was not a tug of war. How did you get that out of that post?  Maybe you are just stating your doubts.  Gus as head coach will always be in full control. But there is no use to not combine to parts that come from the same whole 

For one of the first times in my life as an AU fan.... AU fans are working my nerves. We can't be happy about anything. 

1. Chad Morris is Gus' most successful protege'

2. Chad Morris was CO-offensive coordinator at Clemson with Jeff Scott when Clemson was becoming a powerhouse. Meaning he is used to shared coordinator          responsibilities  

3. Chad Morris is an excellent recruiter. (See Clemson years)

4. Chad Morris could have went back to Clemson....  A top 3 program with loads of talent but chose AU and Gus instead.

Someone please explain where the negativity is coming from? 

Archived