Chad Morris Hired as OC

ClaytonAU

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, caleb1633 said:

Why would he come here if he felt he was gonna be micromanaged?

To be upfront, I have no inside info on the relationship between Gus and Chad. But, in coaching, if you aren't the head coach, then you are going to be managed to some degree. Relationships with the other coaches on the staff are one of the most important, if not THE most important criteria in your job satisfaction. The head coach sets the work environment, and it can vary widely from fun and satisfaction, to misery and loathing. You sacrifice some things for others. Depends on what you want, and how long you want to be in a situation. Why do you think Saban has massive turnover on his staff? You experience success for sure, but I'll guarantee you get a lot of misery to go along with it.

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

You are so right Mr Viper.  I am so sorry for wording my opinion as if it were fact.  I am so sorry to offend you for saying what 85% of the board is saying that CGM is going to be calling the plays next year.  Let me word it more delicately for you....

Mr Viper.  I believe that CGM will be calling the plays last year because he has been more involved and more excited about this season than years in the past.  I believe CGM will be calling plays next year because he feels he should do what is natural to him and that is calling the plays.  I believe CGM will be calling plays next year because he is going to succeed or fail on his own accord and not rely on others.

Ah. So it’s your OPINION Gus will call ALL the plays. Not a fact as you insinated. And that yes...it is still a question that has not been answered by Gus himself, much less actually haven taken place on the field yet. Thanks for clearing up your confusion. 

30 minutes ago, Viper said:

Ah. So it’s your OPINION Gus will call ALL the plays. Not a fact as you insinated. And that yes...it is still a question that has not been answered by Gus himself, much less actually haven taken place on the field yet. Thanks for clearing up your confusion. 

It is my opinion the sun will rise again tomorrow, even though it hasn't told me it will or actually taken place on the horizon.

33 minutes ago, Viper said:

I didn’t know you were back 

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

According to Brandon Marcello at AUC, Gus plans to hand over play calling to Morris.  Color me shocked.

Lol is this what he told Chad to get him to agree to the job?

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

According to Brandon Marcello at AUC, Gus plans to hand over play calling to Morris.  Color me shocked.

Yeah, we know Gus is a creature of habit.  He told Rhett and Chip the same thing. 

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Honestly, that would be the wisest thing to do. Not because Gus can’t call plays but only because he is the HC and has bigger things to handle. Hopefully he has learned this , instead of getting defensive based on actions. I think the mutual trust might actually let him give up 90 percent of it. No coach should completely give anything up. 

No way in hell after a 9 win season with the schedule/true freshman QB that Gus thinks it's time for him to give up playcalling just after 1 season of taking that role back. I would bet good money on that

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

Yeah, we know Gus is a creature of habit.  He told Rhett and Chip the same thing. 

I doubt he would lie to a friend he's had for over 20 years

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I doubt he would like to a friend he's had for over 20 years

Exactly. Everyone here thinks they know better than Chad Morris on how Gus will treat him.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I hope this is accurate by Marcello, if so best thing that’s happened to this offense in a LONG time. 

58 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I hope this is accurate by Marcello, if so best thing that’s happened to this offense in a LONG time. 

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Color me not believing it.   Now I guess if BM had an interview with Gus and asked the question and got a direct answer.....but considering the source, more like he extrapolated his answer from other comments made by Gus....JMO...the al.com approach to the news...

This board is infected with hate for Gus. The guy can do absolutely nothing right. Even when he makes a great hire we find a way to cut him. I'll wait for the flaming.

1 minute ago, thewhiz7 said:

This board is infected with hate for Gus. The guy can do absolutely nothing right. Even when he makes a great hire we find a way to cut him. I'll wait for the flaming.

Not flaming but the board is not infected with hate for Gus. It's doubt most have because of history. Everyone is thrilled with this hire. 

23 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

This board is infected with Gus hiring lacky OC's to carry his clip board while he gets killed by average defensive coordinators. There's you a flame.

Archived