Chad Morris Hired as OC

ClaytonAU

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, caleb1633 said:

I wonder what his involvement will be during the Bowl Game.

I doubt he’ll have much of a role other than probably just game planning, but he should definitely be on the sidelines imo. 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Getting coach Morris is a splash hire. Now if Gus would only go hire a top OL & DB coaches.

I don't know what games you have been watching but our DB's have been very good this year and I think we have very good DB coaches who can both recruit and teach. Playing the tough man to man that we play you will get burned sometimes but we have slowed down an awful lot of good teams this year and Bama is only game where we were torched but they have 4 of the best WR's in the game and our D scored twice against them.

Just now, Auburn Kev said:

That is hilarious.  He does it in rhythm at least.  

2 hours ago, tigers23 said:

Great hire....now let's do something with the Oline coach 

the oline  is not the problem it is the present system Gus is running, no threat of the quarterback running the ball like Cam/Nick, heck we threw to the tight end more with them as QB than we do now. We are so predictable now on offense that the defense we face now know what's coming.

This is a good hire for sure. I'm hoping it's because Gus has finally realized his offense needs some new blood in the passing game. I'm under no illusion that Gus is going to give Chad full control of the offense, but if he can breathe some life into the passing game I'm all for it. We shall see.

28 minutes ago, AURealist said:

It's probably a good hire for Gus, but there's plenty of homerism hype in this thread. 

Just keep that in mind and keep your expectations realistic.  ;)

Beg pardon. It's HOPE-erism. Most of us will take any crumb we can get. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Let's see….Gus in the top Ten and Chad looking for a job?   You might have things reversed....JMO   CM can be a good addition but he ain't gonna be he HC or calling the offense during games....he's had that opportunity twice and was just not his thing.    I like the combination of them working together.... but hate the unnecessary cheap shot at our coach.:no: 

Not intended as a cheap shot at Gus at all. I have long said that Gus needs a strong OC and he needs to let that OC do his job without micromanaging. We finally have a strong OC now and all I want is for Coach Morris to have as much control over the offense that the defensive coordinator has on his side of the ball.

20 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

what do you want them to do? we're they the problem against Florida? LSU? UGA? Gus supporters like to blame them when Auburn lose. 

Block?

Yes, been the major problem for 2 years

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Hoperism is just a sub-type.  

Well, we can't all be you. 😁🤣

Just now, AURealist said:

Nobody wants that.  The wife would kill us all.    

You are priceless! Made my day! 🙌🦋

Admittedly, I was wrong. I didn’t think Chad would take the job.  My hope is that Gus will let him coach.  Or at least listen to Chad and take his advice.  It will be a huge waste of talent if Gus will not listen to Chad. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

When should we show up?

If everyone's willing to drive that far I'll send all the kids to their friends' houses right now.

Archived