Chad Morris Hired as OC

ClaytonAU

2 minutes ago, 1TexasTiger said:

For one of the first times in my life as an AU fan.... AU fans are working my nerves. We can't be happy about anything. 

1. Chad Morris is Gus' most successful protege'

2. Chad Morris was CO-offensive coordinator at Clemson with Jeff Scott when Clemson was becoming a powerhouse. Meaning he is used to shared coordinator          responsibilities  

3. Chad Morris is an excellent recruiter. (See Clemson years)

4. Chad Morris could have went back to Clemson....  A top 3 program with loads of talent but chose AU and Gus instead.

Someone please explain where the negativity is coming from? 

I do not see any? This has seemed to really unite and galvanize the fan base on all the Auburn sites I have seen. Everyone is really excited because this is a great hire!

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I do not see any? This has seemed to really unite and galvanize the fan base on all the Auburn sites I have seen. Everyone is really excited because this is a great hire!

Point me that way. I think it's a great hire but I've been to 3 sites and I'm seeing more stuff like "Doesn't really matter, Gus is Gus..."  "We should have got Matt Luke..."  "His recruiting sucked at Arky..."

2 minutes ago, 1TexasTiger said:

Point me that way. I think it's a great hire but I've been to 3 sites and I'm seeing more stuff like "Doesn't really matter, Gus is Gus..."  "We should have got Matt Luke..."  "His recruiting sucked at Arky..."

Not on here and on 247. Everything is I would say 97% positive. lol MATT LUKE?!??! Sure as OL coach I would love to have him. But the great thing about Chad is he is a great QB coach and we needed that most of all. Well you tell those people who are being negative He pulled in a top 20 class in his only full crutin class at Arky coming off of a 2 win season. That is one of the most impressive recruiting classes I have ever seen!

13 minutes ago, 1TexasTiger said:

For one of the first times in my life as an AU fan.... AU fans are working my nerves. We can't be happy about anything. 

2. Chad Morris was CO-offensive coordinator at Clemson with Jeff Scott when Clemson was becoming a powerhouse. Meaning he is used to shared coordinator          responsibilities  

4. Chad Morris could have went back to Clemson....  A top 3 program with loads of talent but chose AU and Gus instead.

I was not aware that Clemson offered him the job.  I am aware that they have an opening.

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Why do people like this hire? I’m not saying I don’t but I’m genuinely curious... do y’all think Gus is gonna let him run this offense? Cause we know that’s not happening 

To piss in people's Cheerios before the Holidays.

32 minutes ago, 1TexasTiger said:

This is typical of the posters on this site. 

58 minutes ago, 1TexasTiger said:

Look, no one knows how things will work out.  No hire is perfect. 

People are pointing out positives and negatives to try to build a reasonable level of expectations for themselves.  Hiring Coach Morris comes with a lot of positive possibilities and we'll just have to wait to see how many of those possibilities become reality.   Feel free to feel good about this hire until you are given concrete reasons not to - some time next season, if ever.  

Even if he never calls a play I’m glad he’ll be working with Bo and be a solid recruiter for us with excellent ties to Texas.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

I was not aware that Clemson offered him the job.  I am aware that they have an opening.

Jeff Scott, who was their Passing Game/Co- Offensive Coordinator (and called plays, from what I understand), went to be the head coach at USF. Whether he was offered I've not seen.

My .02. Gus will need to let CCM run the offense. If he fails to do so and runs into the same offensive woes as the past couple of years I think his tenure at Auburn will come to an end. Here's to hope that things turn out as we all believe it should!

I am so trying to be optimistic about this hire but GM is still the HC/OC/Playcaller. I really hope GM allows CM to help with schemes, but until proven on the field I refuse to get my hopes up again.... like I did for the previous 2 OC hires.  

11 minutes ago, TeBoneAU said:

I am so trying to be optimistic about this hire but GM is still the HC/OC/Playcaller. I really hope GM allows CM to help with schemes, but until proven on the field I refuse to get my hopes up again.... like I did for the previous 2 OC hires.  

Why would you have gotten your hopes up for dilly? He wasn’t even a true OC at his previous stint. 

31 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

My .02. Gus will need to let CCM run the offense. If he fails to do so and runs into the same offensive woes as the past couple of years

I really don’t think he does. Gus was just as successful an offensive coordinator as Morris. Their offenses are very similar. IMO Gus and Chad need to work together to create a great offense. Bounce ideas off of each other, use each other’s strengths. Having Chad Morris in the booth is going to be like having another Gus Malzahn that can see the whole field from above, is good with QB’s and won’t get distracted by running a whole football team during game time. In other words, pre Arky State Gus. 

My first ever! World stand back...she's turned loose now! :zapbama:

3j2qbq.jpg

I'm cautiously optimistic about the potential here. 

I can't imagine CM taking this job if he wasn't going to have a say and influence with Gus and his offense. This wasn't a lazy hire which has been a complaint about Gus before. I don't know if I can have full faith in Gus today but I'm open to the benefit of the doubt. At least there has been change. If there had been no change then there would be cause for concern. Right now I see Gus taking a step toward making Auburn a better team by surrounding himself with better coaches. Kudos to Gus for that. It's not easy to admit you need help but he may trust his friend enough to do that. I sure hope so. 

5 hours ago, eaglenest said:
5 hours ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

what do you want them to do? we're they the problem against Florida? LSU? UGA? Gus supporters like to blame them when Auburn lose. 

Bird is a Gus supporter! Choked on my coke (the drink not the other stuff, 😉). That was my good laugh for the day...heck, I'm still giggling over it while I try to read more posts. 🤪

I'm hoping this will change the poor use of our wr group we've had to watch the last few years. It's been so bad that when we have a good we we down them because the fan base can't remember what one looks like so we picture Randy Moss as the bar......

A better route tree and all of our wr having versatility and those wr actually getting coached and prepared to be next level talents

Archived