OL coach

auburn4ever

On 12/12/2019 at 3:54 PM, Tiger said:

According to this: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2015/kaleb-kim-6442 JB Grimes was the lead recruiter for Kim. So the seniors were all his guys (Although I know Tega/Driscoll were not as Tega came in as a DE and Driscoll was a transfer) . Herb Hand coached em for 2 years then JB got em for the last half of their careers.

Damn look at Kim's offer list though! Herb Hand definitely did not develop our guys at all

Our entire offensive staff has had ‘development’ issues for several years.  Very few offensive players have left the program being much better than they arrived. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I have no idea what Gus is thinking by keeping JB, although I hope Morris can help. He’s probably better than Dilly.

My money says he "retires" shortly after the bowl game 

16 hours ago, AUwent said:

I have no idea what Gus is thinking by keeping JB, although I hope Morris can help. He’s probably better than Dilly.

What will be interesting to see is after the season is over (bowl game) will CCM have enough influence in the offense to suggest a change is the offensive coaches.  It could be telling.

17 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

My money says he "retires" shortly after the bowl game 

That's what I'm expecting as well, or being moved into an administrative or analyst type petition to let him keep working towards his AL state retirement.

I think one thing some folks miss is it’s a whole lot different finding OL matches for  uat or uga’s offense versus finding OL matches for Gus offense. Not to many pro set OLs that want to play on Gus’s OL. Not saying that as bad just what Gus runs is totally different from what the others run. 

I know he’s at Troy now. Polar opposite of JB Grimes.  Prior to Troy, spent his coaching career learning under good Grimes.  If JB retires....Too young?

March 11, 2018

PROVO — BYU’s new offensive line coach, Ryan Pugh, knows exactly what he wants the identity of the Cougar O-line to be.

“We’re going to be the toughest offensive line in the country,” said the 29-year-old native of Hoover, Alabama. “A lot encompasses that. Whenever the opposing team turns on our tape, we’re going to jump off the tape. We want them to say, ‘Man, we’d better bring our hard hat this week because it’s a physical bunch that executes at a high level up front, who plays the game harder and more relentless than any other team in the country. We’re going to fly around and play with energy.”

3 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

I know he’s at Troy now. Polar opposite of JB Grimes.  Prior to Troy, spent his coaching career learning under good Grimes.  If JB retires....Too young?

March 11, 2018

PROVO — BYU’s new offensive line coach, Ryan Pugh, knows exactly what he wants the identity of the Cougar O-line to be.

“We’re going to be the toughest offensive line in the country,” said the 29-year-old native of Hoover, Alabama. “A lot encompasses that. Whenever the opposing team turns on our tape, we’re going to jump off the tape. We want them to say, ‘Man, we’d better bring our hard hat this week because it’s a physical bunch that executes at a high level up front, who plays the game harder and more relentless than any other team in the country. We’re going to fly around and play with energy.”

Played for Gus or at Auburn? Definitely on Gus' list.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

When it came to coaching and recruiting, Hand was nothing but a joke.

As it turns out. Hand was supposed to be part of the winning formula back at Tulsa when he was under Gus, and his recruiting was at the time viewed as a significant improvement.

Dunno what changed but I for one am glad to see our sack count improved these past couple seasons.

Sad to think we had as many sacks given up this year as we gave up to Clemson in one game back in '17. 

21 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Ryan Pugh should definitely be in consideration if JB leaves. 

Definitely worth taking a shot at.  However, he already has the title of Offensive Coordinator at Troy; would he take a step back to being a position coach (even at Auburn)?

I don't care if we some coaches who played or coached at Alabama. How many remember Wayne Hall? he was one heck of a DC for Auburn and he went to school at Alabama. If Gus ever hire a top who just happened to have an Alabam back ground, who cares as long he can get the job done like Wayne Hall did for Pat Dye in the 80s and early 90s.

Just now, auburn4ever said:

I don't care if we some coaches who played or coached at Alabama. How many remember Wayne Hall? he was one heck of a DC for Auburn and he went to school at Alabama. If Gus ever hire a top who just happened to have an Alabam back ground, who cares as long he can get the job done like Wayne Hall did for Pat Dye in the 80s and early 90s.

tenor.gif

If J.B. leaves who do y'all want to replace him? What about Oregon's OL coach Alex Mirabal? I know Cristobal is probably the actual OL coach just like Gus is the actual OC here and Saban is the DC at Bama, but he's still gotta be pretty good. I would've also suggested Wisconsin's OL coach, but I looked and he's also their OC and AHC so no chance he comes.

27 minutes ago, AUFan2015 said:

If J.B. leaves who do y'all want to replace him?

Ryan Silverfield

Josh Henson

Alex Atkins

So is JB job at stake? Lol. We are talking like he is on the hot seat but I don’t feel like he is close to that. 

18 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Do we not already have the next OL coach already on staff?

I was thinking we had hired a former player to help with OL. It seemed at the time that was set up so he could take over for Grimes at some point.....or we could just be helping a former Tiger get into the coaching ranks 

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

I was thinking we had hired a former player to help with OL. It seemed at the time that was set up so he could take over for Grimes at some point.....or we could just be helping a former Tiger get into the coaching ranks 

Kendall Simmons

Lol I can't believe people think Ryan Pugh should be considered.

Screw it! Hire Jonathan Mincy as DB coach. Hell, let's have Cam Newton coach our QBs! And why haven't we contacted Damon Duval about coaching our special teams? After all he punted and kicked, didn't he?? Larry Porter? You gotta go. We're bringing in Tommy Trott. Thanks for your time.

Just now, Tiger said:

Lol I can't believe people think Ryan Pugh should be considered.

Screw it! Hire Jonathan Mincy as DB coach. Hell, let's have Cam Newton coach our QBs! And why haven't we contacted Damon Duval about coaching our special teams? After all he punted and kicked, didn't he?? Larry Porter? You gotta go. We're bringing in Tommy Trott. Thanks for your time.

Why shouldn't Ryan Pugh be considered?

Archived