Aranda serious candidate for UNLV job.

GwillMac6

He would be on lists of SEC schools IMO.  Maybe he wants to establish himself for a few years a little low key to avoid hurting is rep. by jumping in too quick. 

24 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Weird to me. You’d think he would be up for bigger opportunities. And UNLV? 

Oh well, hope its true so he’s out of LSU.

Yep..I like to see people making progress in their careers........especially very good coordinators in the SEC becoming HC's somewhere else....:)

Re AUB....JMO but there are few jobs in the SEC where an OC or DC can become a head coach and improve his career.   UNLV does seem unusual though but I haven't looked at their schedule/competition ....and returning talent. 

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Doing the same thing Jeff Scott is doing.

Albeit in a place that is much harder to win at. I think Jeff Scott will do well at USF. People have had success there before. And fairly recently to boot. I do not think Aranda will do well at UNLV because that is a dead end job. THOUGH THEY DID do some nice improvements to their stadium recently! lol. So there is that. Since 2010 they have only had 1 winning record and that was 7-6 in 2013. 

Just now, auburnphan said:

He is a West Coast guy as well.

Him and Tom Herman went to Cal Lutheran I believe for college and roomed together.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Google is your friend

source-3.gif

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

danny devito smh GIF

MV5BMWUzN2VkY2ItYmQ4YS00MjFmLWJhZDQtYWY1NWQ2NTA5NDNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc2NjEyMw@@._V1_.jpg

If Aranda leaves LSU, who would replace him as LSU DC?

I think Barry Odom is probably getting a look from some schools looking for a DC.

I wonder if Pete Golding will processed from Alabama. I could see Saban picking up Odom.

On 12/12/2019 at 6:54 PM, augolf1716 said:

Not Aranda but Oregon offensive coordinator Marcus Arroyo still hard to believe they got him imo

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2019/dec/12/new-coach-fills-all-of-boxes-on-checklist-for-succ/

It'll be interesting to see which direction Cristobal goes in replacing him 

Archived