How does Chad Morris affect recruiting?

triangletiger

3 hours ago, triangletiger said:

There’s noise out there that a couple of NFL teams may be looking at Riley as their next HC.  Not saying he would make that move; but if he did, that would throw a wrench in things.

For Chandler yes but AU isn't even #2 or 3 on his list. VT & USC are.

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For Chandler yes but AU isn't even #2 or 3 on his list. VT & USC are.

Fair enough.  If the expectation is that Chad Morris is only going to be at AU for 1-3 years until he gets another HC gig, then it really doesn't make sense for Chandler to come to AU solely to play for his dad.

10 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I haven't seen it mentioned here but I saw where Chad Morris' son, a 4* QB, has decommitted from Arkansas. think he might come to AU?

@Proud Tiger His son is Chandler & has his own thread where this has been talked about extensively. Also a few posts up here it's mentioned AU is not in his top 3.

A 2022 QB- 6'3 kid from Texas named Ewers- just tweeted, "After a great talk with @coachchadmorris I'm very honored to say I've received an offer from Auburn University."

So there's that. 

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

A 2022 QB- 6'3 kid from Texas named Ewers- just tweeted, "After a great talk with @coachchadmorris I'm very honored to say I've received an offer from Auburn University."

So there's that. 

The QB in question: https://247sports.com/Player/Quinn-Ewers-45572600/

Texas?   Hmmm.  Love the thought of getting a great QB out from under Jimbo.  Can't stick it to him enough.  That kid is coming from a football factory - S Lake Carroll

59 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Our QB recruiting this cycle has been an absolute joke - we lost our backup QB and still can’t find anyone. Let’s hope Chad Morris arrived just in time

🧐

54 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Might be time to go back to Ashford and see if he’s interested since he decomitted from ole miss

Ship has sailed I think. Gonna end up at UAB. 

28 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Is he showing real interest in UAB?

Nah, but I don’t know that anybody else has real interest in him. Dude has an attitude problem apparently. 

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Might be time to go back to Ashford and see if he’s interested since he decomitted from ole miss

Nope. Not interested. Our staff evaluated him and had him quite a bit lower than what the recruiting sites had him as.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Not interested. Our staff evaluated him and had him quite a bit lower than what the recruiting sites had him as.

That makes me feel better. Gus never mis-evaluates QBs. 😅 ($1 to Queen, and Franklin, and Barrett, and Willis)

We lost Gatewood cause of Malzahn, and now we can't find a top notch QB to sign for 2020, cause of Malzahn. He wouldn't know a great QB if he came up and shook his hand. He reminds me of Terry Bowdan. Terry didn't no anything about recruiting 5 star QB's either.

Before y'all come back and jump on me, Cam Newton didn't need a lot of coaching. Cam had that "it facter" in his DNA. BTW, Gus didn't win the national championship in 2010. Cam and Gene did.

11 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

can't find a top notch QB to sign for 2020, cause of Malzahn

Again no! We can't find a more polished QB recruit for the 2020 class because we just started a true freshman who will be the starter the next 2 years minimum barring injury.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Again no! We can't find a more polished QB recruit for the 2020 class because we just started a true freshman who will be the starter the next 2 years minimum barring injury.

I think he knows that and is playing all of us! 😝 

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

We lost Gatewood cause of Malzahn, and now we can't find a top notch QB to sign for 2020, cause of Malzahn. He wouldn't know a great QB if he came up and shook his hand. He reminds me of Terry Bowdan. Terry didn't no anything about recruiting 5 star QB's either.

How did we pull Bo?

16 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I'm probably wasting my breath (uhh, typing), but it's a different era in college football - especially at the QB position.  Guys want to play immediately and want to go where they think they have a good chance of starting.  Having a rising sophomore as our starting QB who just completed a reasonably successful season one as a true freshman as going to be a deterrent to a QB who doesn't want to wait two years to play more than mop-up duty.  Our situation this year is not unlike Clemson last year.  Did Clemson sign a top-rated QB in the 2019 class?

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

That's what Kelly Bryant and Jalen Hurts thought.

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

That's what Kelly Bryant and Jalen Hurts thought.

Eh. Not many Lawrences or Tuas in this class to go around. 

And while Hurts was pretty highly recruited, Bryant wasn't, and neither was quite in Bo's class. 

Archived