1 Day til ENSD (Updated)

ellitor

Have Gus and Chad dropped the idea of a second QB in this class? I wouldn't think a top JUCO or GT would be interested with Bo and Cord pretty much locked in as 1 and 2.  Maybe a quality walkon should be the answer. We probably shouldn't waste a 2020 schollie and focus on a second QB for 2021 class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autan said:

Have Gus and Chad dropped the idea of a second QB in this class? I wouldn't think a top JUCO or GT would be interested with Bo and Cord pretty much locked in as 1 and 2.  Maybe a quality walkon should be the answer. We probably shouldn't waste a 2020 schollie and focus on a second QB for 2021 class.

I'm thinking 2021 is the year to try and get 2....and just hope we survive next season without Nix getting injured. Right now any QB is about guaranteed to sit 2-3 seasons while Nix plays but next year it goes to 1-2 and that is a much easier sell to incoming recruits. 

I do like the quality walk on idea. Not sure how easy those are to find

7 hours ago, autan said:

Have Gus and Chad dropped the idea of a second QB in this class?

@autan it's just very unlikely to come from a high schooler at this point. Likely a transfer a good ways down the line.

7 hours ago, autan said:

We probably shouldn't waste a 2020 schollie and focus on a second QB for 2021 class.

Staff has always planned to take a 2nd QB in 2021. Not sure that has changed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@autan it's just very unlikely to come from a high schooler at this point. Likely a transfer a good ways down the line.

Staff has always planned to take a 2nd QB in 2021. Not sure that has changed.

A 2nd QB in next years class would be wise regardless of what we do this year. Take from that what you will.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUinGA44 said:

A 2nd QB in next years class would be wise regardless of what we do this year. Take from that what you will.

tenor.gif

I wonder if the Thompson QB is SEC quality.  Never seen Pate play but have heard he's had a better season this year than Taulia last year.  We all know hearsay can be completely inaccurate.  Not likely to be interested in Walkon if you're 7A MVP.

1 hour ago, autan said:

I wonder if the Thompson QB is SEC quality.  Never seen Pate play but have heard he's had a better season this year than Taulia last year.  We all know hearsay can be completely inaccurate.  Not likely to be interested in Walkon if you're 7A MVP.

For years the thinking was for AU to have four scholarship QB's at all times. I don't know why that changed. Maybe we simply couldn't get another QB this year that they thought could help.

2 hours ago, autan said:

@autan he has offers or reported interest per his 247 profile.

As far as QBs.... go ahead and put Tanner Bailey out of Gordo HS on the radar for 2022.

.....Paging Gus and Chad....this is another stud pony QB with strong Auburn ties......quit slow playing the kid. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, autan said:

I watched him in the state championship live, and he impressed the mess out of me and my buddy. He made some elite type throws. We looked to see how highly recruited he was and were surprised to see he wasn’t that hyped up. He seemed to have the size and a little moxy to him. I would love if he chose to walk on here

13 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Why won't Buskey and Riley sign on the early signing date?

There’s a good chance Riley will. As for Buskey as I have said many times Auburn’s going to ask him to hold off because of his grade issues.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

What’s it say? He’s made up his mind between us and Kentucky?

edit: never mind i know now

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

What’s it say? He’s made up his mind between us and Kentucky?

edit: never mind i know now

Just gave the day & medium, not which way he's leaning.

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

For years the thinking was for AU to have four scholarship QB's at all times. I don't know why that changed. Maybe we simply couldn't get another QB this year that they thought could help.

Might be a factor sometimes but these days you can't keep a guy more than a year if he has playing asperations....so if you have a guy like Bo who is likely to be around a while, I'm thinking a good invited walk-on or maybe an "athlete" who can play QB is about the best you can get as back-up for at least another year.  

If you sign 4 QBs, you are gonna lose at least 2 and probably 3 after a year or so.  That might work if you have not identified your #1....but soon as that guy's name is announced, the #2 is probably gonna hit the trail....and these days, some of them don't even finish the season.....thinking about Joey and the guy at Clemson as recent examples.. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Might be a factor sometimes but these days you can't keep a guy more than a year if he has playing asperations....so if you have a guy like Bo who is likely to be around a while, I'm thinking a good invited walk-on or maybe an "athlete" who can play QB is about the best you can get as back-up for at least another year.  

If you sign 4 QBs, you are gonna lose at least 2 and probably 3 after a year or so.  That might work if you have not identified your #1....but soon as that guy's name is announced, the #2 is probably gonna hit the trail....and these days, some of them don't even finish the season.....thinking about Joey and the guy at Clemson as recent examples.. 

Yeah nobody’s getting a big time QB every recruiting cycle. You’ll get one maybe every other year that way the guy who’s in front of you is on his way out and the new guy just redshirts and then he’ll takeover after that, basically how we have it now with Bo and McClaughlin and Clemson with Trevor and DJ

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

What about the OL that decommited from UGA ? 

One committed to Florida. Two others have stayed committed so far but we are working on trying to flip one of them.