2020 3* QB Gregory Spann (Illinois)

Auburn Kev

14 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Does it mean that? Dilly offered Chayil Garnett pretty quickly when he got to Auburn. Do you think he had a lot of input?

I do but I venture to say you don't

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s telling that I don't remember that name at all. Who did he end up playing for, and how was his college career?

He’s the guy we wanted & ended up losing before we ended up taking Sean White. He went to LSU and then transferred to North Carolina and I didn’t pay attention to him after that.

Malik Willis 2.0

been there, done that.

The QB must be able to pass and be a threat to pass downfield, period, end of story (at the college level).     Otherwise everyone is saying, "if we don't throw beyond 5 yards they will stack the box."  No kidding !   

We need to be finding the next Bo Nix, Jarret Stidham not the the next Malik Willis.  A QB who can run and can extend plays.  There are not a lot of Nick Marshals out there.  We have wasted YEARS trying to develop the next Nick Marshal.   

QB recruiting needs to be regional - the Southeast,  TX (one area)  and California (LA).   Just for the QB.

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Maybe his sophomore year, but jr/Sr stats were much better 

He passed for 64% & 59% his JR & SR years respectively. That's much better than a rumored 49%.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

He’s the guy we wanted & ended up losing before we ended up taking Sean White. He went to LSU and then transferred to North Carolina and I didn’t pay attention to him after that.

You mean the guy who got shell shocked against Auburn?

FFE5B0F0-84EE-42CA-A3A9-C98E1A30C821.jpeg

On 12/11/2019 at 9:03 PM, The Plainsman said:

46%?   Ooof. 

Exactly. Jeff Lee is senior editor for AU Rivals, not sure how this 46% that he posted is considered a "rumor".

10 hours ago, Beaker said:

QB recruiting needs to be regional - the Southeast,  TX (one area)  and California (LA).   Just for the QB.

And apparently Hawaii 

Dang man ol "Chad" Morris shows up and 5 minutes later this kid throws up the deuces tell u wut ol "Chad" didn't take long to ruin that recruitment wonder how many more we're gonna lose because of this guy dang man

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dang man ol "Chad" Morris shows up and 5 minutes later this kid throws up the deuces tell u wut ol "Chad" didn't take long to ruin that recruitment wonder how many more we're gonna lose because of this guy dang man

Looks like a4e hacked @McLoofus....

were we really 'in this'?

I don't think I heard of this guy til a couple of days ago.  

Supposedly we have a silent commit at QB from ACA (Anchorage Christian Academy).  It's a short season, but he put up some gaudy numbers in the three game season.  They were eliminated from the playoffs because their bush plane got snowed in, I heard.  We will see.

43 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Supposedly we have a silent commit at QB from ACA (Anchorage Christian Academy).  It's a short season, but he put up some gaudy numbers in the three game season.  They were eliminated from the playoffs because their bush plane got snowed in, I heard.  We will see.

What

52 minutes ago, Beaker said:

????

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

No. We were just in the evaluation stage.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

giphy.gif

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 3* QB Gregory Spann (Illinois)
1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Sarcasm missed by multiple posters, lol

14 minutes ago, fredst said:

Sarcasm missed by multiple posters, lol

FWIW I was leaning sarcasm but wasn't sure since it was Beaker.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Wonder why Spann picked Illinois over Auburn? I had hoped we would sign him.

Just to make you ask questions.

Mayb coach Morris needs to fly out to Hawaii and sign a top QB in Hawaii. It's worked for Alabama when they signed Tua and his little brother.

20 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Mayb coach Morris needs to fly out to Hawaii and sign a top QB in Hawaii. It's worked for Alabama when they signed Tua and his little brother.

To do it the same way, he would have to take a relocation package and have a nice job lined up for the family.   And maybe a camaro.   Not sure if he also got a car.

Archived