Auburn Kev

25 offers including AU, UGA, FSU, Illinois, Miami, & Utah
Illinois had been trending before the AU offer
Chad Morris visited & offered on his 1st full day as AU OC

Morris offers dual-threat QB

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

That didn’t take long.

Chad Morris on his first day as Auburn’s offensive coordinator offered a dual-threat quarterback.

dssxxqbluwku8hptw5u7

“It felt great,” Spann said. “Coach Morris came to my house and told me that I could be a big factor in their offense.”

It was Spann’s first time meeting Morris.

“He is a cool coach,” Spann said. “I like him. He’s straightforward.”

Spann has never visited Auburn, but could this weekend. He doesn’t have a visit scheduled at this time. He is, however, planning to sign in December.

“Coach Morris said he wanted me to visit, but I’m not sure if I will,” Spann said. “But Auburn is in the picture now that they’ve offered me. I’m also looking at schools like Florida State, UCF, Louisville and a couple of more.”

As a senior, Spann completed 117-of-253 passes (46%) for 1,937 yards with 25 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He rushed for 847 yards and 10 touchdowns on 100 carries (8.5 avg.).

Gosh, This dude has a very good highlight video. Hard to understand his 3 star rating. He is fast, can run and can throw the ball. He needs to hold the ball a little better when he runs. He also has a very impressive offer list. 

Dude is fast! Looks like a receiver running the ball. I liked his RPO action in the video. Kept his eyes downfield. Good height.

@augolf1716 what is the competition level like in St Pete?

52 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Dude is fast! Looks like a receiver running the ball. I liked his RPO action in the video. Kept his eyes downfield. Good height.

@augolf1716 what is the competition level like in St Pete?

Good but not central Fl. or Dade/Broward county good. 

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Gosh, This dude has a very good highlight video. Hard to understand his 3 star rating. He is fast, can run and can throw the ball. He needs to hold the ball a little better when he runs. He also has a very impressive offer list. 

46% completion percentage probably had something to do with it. That’s one of the lowest numbers I’ve seen for an SEC Qb prospect in a long time. 

28 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

46% completion percentage probably had something to do with it. That’s one of the lowest numbers I’ve seen for an SEC Qb prospect in a long time. 

The kid we slobbered all over a few years ago Brandon Harris was at 48%.

I could use a little less of him turning around and taunting defenders. And at 46%, it sounds like he’s a project or a TE/WR-in-waiting. 

I am going to be honest. It is always nice to have a blue chip QB like Bo Nix, but this is what Gus hould have been recruiting. I know his completion % is low. For what Gus likes to run this kid could be electric. Needs work on ball security and I would flip the first USC penalty he got for taunting .....but he is a smooth operator running the football and has a decent arm. I could see. Let Chad coach him up who knows?

Per Keith his offer is not committable. The staff wants to evaluate him some more. If he comes in for a visit this weekend it’s likely the staff is going to try to get a feel For his personality and if it’s a fit for the program.

2 hours ago, jared52 said:

I could use a little less of him turning around and taunting defenders. And at 46%, it sounds like he’s a project or a TE/WR-in-waiting. 

Didn’t someone say Bo was throwing 49% in HS? If we can win games with a severely inaccurate QB that is a decent runner...I mean 

34 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Didn’t someone say Bo was throwing 49% in HS? If we can win games with a severely inaccurate QB that is a decent runner...I mean 

Pretty sure Bo didn’t throw 49% in high school

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

The kid we slobbered all over a few years ago Brandon Harris was at 48%.

It’s telling that I don't remember that name at all. Who did he end up playing for, and how was his college career?

Good size and good wheels. Probably viewed as a backup/wildcat type guy to add depth. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s telling that I don't remember that name at all. Who did he end up playing for, and how was his college career?

Pretty sure LSU, not very productive 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

He was the starting QB the year we killed LSU by like 30 something points at home

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This offer is important though because it shows that Morris has input/say in our offense immediately. This is a good sign. 

Does it mean that? Dilly offered Chayil Garnett pretty quickly when he got to Auburn. Do you think he had a lot of input?

Archived