AU vs New Mexico

api1957

8 minutes ago, AURealist said:

....ok...  

:dunno:

Long-standing running joke here about the Lobos. And now we finally get to play them.

Won a total of 5 games the last two years.....not gonna do much for our SOS.....gonna look like a bama schedule if we are not careful. 

1 hour ago, api1957 said:

It’s happening in 2024! The Lobos are coming!!!

Just in time for Golf's centennial birthday. :)

1 hour ago, api1957 said:

I couldn’t remember if it was Golf or Bird.

I get that!

Theyre so much alike, they’re practically the same person...........

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Won a total of 5 games the last two years.....not gonna do much for our SOS.....gonna look like a bama schedule if we are not careful. 

What?!

wasnt you the main person saying we need to play a weaker Non conference schedule?!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293df4c5f7dd5c0481c4

Just now, DAG said:

What?!

wasnt you the main person saying we need to play a weaker Non conference schedule?!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293df4c5f7dd5c0481c4

NOPE..... absolutely not me....I don't see us filling the schedule with OSU and ND but there is some middle ground among the Group of 5. 

I guess I'm good with playing some local teams but would prefer UAB or USA or Troy over our opening game opponent this year. ..Alcorn.

UMass is bad ….. but the rest of the schedule is pretty solid...glad to see UNC and too bad the Simpson kid dropped us. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Don't need SOS. Look at the top ten.

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Don't need SOS. Look at the top ten.

True...if you can go undefeated there is no issue …...but the weak SOS did not help bama and a few other teams with one or two losses....and I got Clemson in #3 playing Ohio State....but of course once LSU was #1, there was not much difference who was #2 and #3.   If the playoff goes to 8 games like all the pressure indicates, those wins and losses and who they are to will matter more. 

5 minutes ago, jared52 said:

$1.9mil payout goes the Lobos. @augolf1716 is going to be getting a LOT of PBR for getting this deal done. 

Wow.... Sexton must have negotiated that contract for them

Is it home and home? Awesome golf course out there. University of New Mexico South course. Great course and beautiful area. Definitely play if we ever travel to ABQ for the away game.

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

That’s not how this works. The Lobos will have their best season ever in 2024 and have an amazingly good team with solid coaching. 

8 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

This past season, Auburn paid Tulane 1.9m and Kent State 1.5m

Samford received 450k

Source

3 hours ago, bigsixfive said:

That’s not how this works. The Lobos will have their best season ever in 2024 and have an amazingly good team with solid coaching. 

8 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

This past season, Auburn paid Tulane 1.9m and Kent State 1.5m

Samford received 450k

Source

Samford needs Sexton.....though travel expenses from "bham are not that great.....sounds like AU got a real deal.....since 450K is a long way from $1.9M unless there is something in the contract where Samford promised not to score more than 7 points.

As for the Lobos,  I expect bigsix is correct...…. by 2024 they will have a Heisman candidate QB and a couple flashy wide receivers to go with him...….but more likely they will be about the same as now...….thus everyone will be wanting to see AU's backup QB who will actually be better that the starter but just not getting a fair chance from the coaches..:)

2024 huh?   guess I should not worry about it....:-\

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Auburn quaking in their boots when the mighty Lobos show up. I mean just look at our tackling

college football GIF

Wait.  Which one is New Mexico?

30 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Watch #22 lay the guy out twice

I like the tenacity of the second hit.. in the endzone... long after the TD is called.

lol

Archived