2019-20 Players Leaving & Arriving

Zeek

Making a new thread with a little more info and organization. I will update this post as players declare early, recruits officially sign their NLI, more transfers are announced, etc.

Players in Orange are out of eligibility and can't return no matter what. Players in Blue are seniors who will graduate but still have eligibility left (typically they don't stay around unless they're contributors so I'll keep them on players leaving for now). Players in Red could redshirt since they didn't play more than 4 games in their senior year (this is highly unlikely). Green means they're transferring out. Purple will be used for any players declaring for the draft even though they still have eligibility.

For those graduating, I'll update their destinations once the NFL draft has happened.

Players Leaving

1. Derrick Brown | DT | NFL Bound

2. Marlon Davidson | DE | NFL Bound

3. Daniel Thomas | DB | NFL mid-late pick

4. Javaris Davis | DB | NFL mid-late pick

5. Jeremiah Dinson | DB | NFL mid-late pick

6. Prince Tega Wanogho | OL | NFL Bound

7. Jack Driscoll | OL | Late rounder maybe UDFA

8. Mike Horton | OL | Late rounder maybe UDFA

9. Marquall Harrell | OL | Late rounder maybe UDFA

10. Spencer Nigh | HB | Likely UDFA

11. Jay Jay Wilson | HB | Likely UDFA

12. Kam Martin | RB | Likely UDFA, the exact kind of guy the XFL hopes to get

13. Sal Cannella | TE | Likely UDFA

14. Kaleb Kim | OL | Likely UDFA

15. Bailey Sharp | OL | Likely UDFA

16. Will Hastings | WR | Likely UDFA, another guy who could excel in the XFL

17. Gary Walker | DT | Likely UDFA

18. Sage Ledbetter | K | Almost certainly an UDFA

19. Phelps Gambill | TE | Has one season left, we might be interested in keeping him for depth due to the loss of two HB's and a TE

20. Trent Kelley | OL | Has one season left, with 6 players leaving he might stay for his last year to provide depth

21. Craig Carter | LB | Has one season left, wouldn't imagine there's much room for him with 2 commits and a 3rd possible recruit

22. Sam Sherrod | DB | Didn't play in more than 4 games, can't picture the staff redshirting him and using a roster spot

23. Jacob Rogers | DB | Didn't play in more than 4 games, can't picture the staff redshirting him and using a roster spot

24. Pace Ozmint | WR | Didn't play in more than 4 games, with 4 freshmen coming in it's likely he rides off into the sunset

25. Joey Gatewood | QB | Transferring to Kentucky

26. Marquis McClain | WR | Destination still unknown

27. Michael Harris | LB | Destination still unknown

28. Wil Appleton | QB | Destination unknown

29. Noah Igbinoghene | CB | Declaring early

30. Nick Coe | DE | Declaring early

Incoming Players:

As a somewhat superstitions person I won't include any of our commits until they have signed. When the list starts early enrollees will be Orange, signed players (who won't be here until regular graduation) will be Blue, incoming transfers will be Purple.

Just now, triangletiger said:

How many of the players on that list in blue and red are scholarship players?  I see a lot of unfamiliar names.

It's hard to tell on their bios. Some say walk-on but it's hard to tell if they have since received a scholarship or not. Most of them have only seen a few snaps during their entire stay with us.

Not trying to split hairs but I think Davis and Denson have a better shot at making a NFL roster than just scraping by.

27 minutes ago, CR said:

Not trying to split hairs but I think Davis and Denson have a better shot at making a NFL roster than just scraping by.

I agree

I’m a little confused by your classification system. You have Dinson and Davis as maybe not even making a team, but you have a DT that I’ve never even heard of getting picked up as an UDFA. Dinson is projected to be a 6-7 round pick, and I’ve seen Davis projected as high as the 4th round. I’m not sure I agree with the idea that they will struggle to find a team.

42 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I’m a little confused by your classification system. You have Dinson and Davis as maybe not even making a team, but you have a DT that I’ve never even heard of getting picked up as an UDFA. Dinson is projected to be a 6-7 round pick, and I’ve seen Davis projected as high as the 4th round. I’m not sure I agree with the idea that they will struggle to find a team.

Yeah even with Javaris being cooked more than a few times these last two seasons, he's still a more than respectable prospect. Daniel Thomas should be with Gary Walker and them 

I dont know what section this'd be at, but Noah Igb should probably have his name put somewhere, I cant see why hed come back with how much tougher his job'll be next season 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah even with Javaris being cooked more than a few times these last two seasons, he's still a more than respectable prospect. Daniel Thomas should be with Gary Walker and them 

I dont know what section this'd be at, but Noah Igb should probably have his name put somewhere, I cant see why hed come back with how much tougher his job'll be next season 

Iggy hasn’t really gotten any attention though. He’d benefit stockwise to come back.

5 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Sorry UDFA just means they’re not drafted and will have to shop themselves around. I’m likely too low on Dinson and Davis. 

I’ll edit the OP. I just seem to recall players of similar quality being overlooked and having to prove their worth in free agency.

2 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Iggy hasn’t really gotten any attention though. He’d benefit stockwise to come back.

Maybe just because I primarily listen to Auburn beat writers and reporters, and they all love Noah on an otherworldly level. I've been meaning to start following neutral CFB podcasts for a while. 

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Maybe just because I primarily listen to Auburn beat writers and reporters, and they all love Noah on an otherworldly level. I've been meaning to start following neutral CFB podcasts for a while. 

I agree with you. I think he's a dynamic corner, and we didn't hear his name much in games because he was keeping receivers covered.  Unfortunately, he's just not getting any media attention. There's no hype around his name. I think he's an early round talent. Right now, given the fact that he's gotten no attention, he'd slip down to the late rounds. It would be smarter to come back next year to build his brand a little more. 

18 hours ago, AUFriction said:

I agree with you. I think he's a dynamic corner, and we didn't hear his name much in games because he was keeping receivers covered.  Unfortunately, he's just not getting any media attention. There's no hype around his name. I think he's an early round talent. Right now, given the fact that he's gotten no attention, he'd slip down to the late rounds. It would be smarter to come back next year to build his brand a little more. 

Yeah he does his job and not much else. I don’t know what he needs to do to show that he’s capable of being that flashy game breaking CB (like Stingley apparently is set to be) 

18 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I look at it this way. Most AU fans know who Stingley is for LSU, or Surtain for Bama. They are obvious top shelf talent. But few Bama or LSU fans know who Iggy is. He’s solid but needs to build his resume before the NFL in my opinion.

18 hours ago, AUFriction said:

I hope he comes back but I also imagine that he could be a superstar at the combine based on his speed and athleticism.  

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I look at it this way. Most AU fans know who Stingley is for LSU, or Surtain for Bama. They are obvious top shelf talent. But few Bama or LSU fans know who Iggy is. He’s solid but needs to build his resume before the NFL in my opinion.

pretty succinct way to put that. nothing wrong with not being that big name guy KNOWN as someone who can takeover games, as long as the NFL knows it...but it seems to be another level that it'd behoove him to reach

IMO, Noah has only really played corner one year. The first year he was learning and leaning on his athleticism. He didn't play with much technique. This year was better. He understood leverage, positioning, hand placement, and overall had a much better feel for the position. IMO, Another year under Woodson will put him into the early rounds of the draft.

• 2 weeks later...

Now we will start to see which players are Staying or moving on

On 12/12/2019 at 12:47 PM, Zeek said:

Making a new thread with a little more info and organization. I will update this post as players declare early, recruits officially sign their NLI, more transfers are announced, etc.

Players in Orange are out of eligibility and can't return no matter what. Players in Blue are seniors who will graduate but still have eligibility left (typically they don't stay around unless they're contributors so I'll keep them on players leaving for now). Players in Red could redshirt since they didn't play more than 4 games in their senior year (this is highly unlikely). Green means they're transferring out. Purple will be used for any players declaring for the draft even though they still have eligibility.

For those graduating, I'll update their destinations once the NFL draft has happened.

Players Leaving

1. Derrick Brown | DT | NFL Bound

2. Marlon Davidson | DE | NFL Bound

3. Daniel Thomas | DB | NFL mid-late pick

4. Javaris Davis | DB | NFL mid-late pick

5. Jeremiah Dinson | DB | NFL mid-late pick

6. Prince Tega Wanogho | OL | NFL Bound

7. Jack Driscoll | OL | Late rounder maybe UDFA

8. Mike Horton | OL | Late rounder maybe UDFA

9. Marquall Harrell | OL | Late rounder maybe UDFA

10. Spencer Nigh | HB | Likely UDFA

11. Jay Jay Wilson | HB | Likely UDFA

12. Kam Martin | RB | Likely UDFA, the exact kind of guy the XFL hopes to get

13. Sal Cannella | TE | Likely UDFA

14. Kaleb Kim | OL | Likely UDFA

15. Bailey Sharp | OL | Likely UDFA

16. Will Hastings | WR | Likely UDFA, another guy who could excel in the XFL

17. Gary Walker | DT | Likely UDFA

18. Sage Ledbetter | K | Almost certainly an UDFA

19. Phelps Gambill | TE | Has one season left, we might be interested in keeping him for depth due to the loss of two HB's and a TE

20. Trent Kelley | OL | Has one season left, with 6 players leaving he might stay for his last year to provide depth

21. Craig Carter | LB | Has one season left, wouldn't imagine there's much room for him with 2 commits and a 3rd possible recruit

22. Sam Sherrod | DB | Didn't play in more than 4 games, can't picture the staff redshirting him and using a roster spot

23. Jacob Rogers | DB | Didn't play in more than 4 games, can't picture the staff redshirting him and using a roster spot

24. Pace Ozmint | WR | Didn't play in more than 4 games, with 4 freshmen coming in it's likely he rides off into the sunset

25. Joey Gatewood | QB | Transferring to Kentucky

26. Marquis McClain | WR | Destination still unknown

27. Michael Harris | LB | Destination still unknown

28. Wil Appleton | QB | Destination unknown

29. Noah Igbinoghene | CB | Declaring early

30. Nick Coe | DE | Declaring early

Incoming Players:

As a somewhat superstitions person I won't include any of our commits until they have signed. When the list starts early enrollees will be Orange, signed players (who won't be here until regular graduation) will be Blue, incoming transfers will be Purple.

Updated

Archived