Barry Odom to Arkansas as DC

meh130

Hate it for Chad Morris to have not had any time to fix things at Arky but I think Pittman is in a much better position to succeed and seems he's been making some good moves.

Arkansas didn't get the glamorous hire but if they give Pittman time I think they'll be very happy with the guy they ended up with.
In totally different ways, I think Ole Miss and Arkansas got really good coaches for each program. The reaction Kiffin will get on the road is gonna be fabulous.

In my experience, Coaching and perceived success is based a lot on fit with the community. Morris was just never gonna fit in at Arkansas. Pittman, on the other hand, couldn't fit any better. That's not derogatory in any way towards Pittman. He is a hell of a coach and I think he'll be successful

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

In my experience, Coaching and perceived success is based a lot on fit with the community. Morris was just never gonna fit in at Arkansas. Pittman, on the other hand, couldn't fit any better. That's not derogatory in any way towards Pittman. He is a hell of a coach and I think he'll be successful

Interesting phrasing there. Almost as though a coach may be successful even though some fans don't see it that way

8 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Sounds like Kendal Briles could be the favorite for OC from the FSU 247 site:

6-E230-ABA-A345-41-DE-A640-26-F905-C8-E6

That would be a the start of a Home run staff.

9 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Sounds like Kendal Briles could be the favorite for OC from the FSU 247 site:

6-E230-ABA-A345-41-DE-A640-26-F905-C8-E6

DAMN!  Pittman's doing work over there.

Sources told FootballScoop that former Notre Dame offensive coordinator Chip Long, former Florida State offensive coordinator Kendal Briles and former Houston head coach Major Applewhite are among the candidates that have or will interview for the position.

So Arkansas has had a lot of interest.  

3 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

Briles is official.

On paper Briles/Odom is a pretty significant upgrade from Craddock/Chavis

Great hire!

His ties to Texas will only help. Really impressed with Pittman so far

2 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

Briles is official.

On paper Briles/Odom is a pretty significant upgrade from Craddock/Chavis

If I was an Arkansas fan, I would be pretty pumped about my HC and staff. Definitely looks to be an improvement over last few coaching staffs there.

FAU will regret hiring Tag over Baby Briles or annnnnyone else for that matter!!!!! Lol. 

Pittman is crushing it with these hires!!! Now they just need some severe upgrades in the Jimmy and Joe's department.

On 12/14/2019 at 9:35 AM, bigbird said:

In my experience, Coaching and perceived success is based a lot on fit with the community. 

Huh.  Hadn't thought of that. Reckon that's why Malzahn has survived at AU? He isn't a loud mouth ego centric braggart. much as Shug Jordan was not.  I wonder if his conservative demeanor, as much as it drives the board crazy, has not served him well...

Archived