FBI NCAA stuff

AdamsHouseCat

8 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

The difference is, Auburn was far more proactive than any of them. Coaches, players, and recruiting paid a heavy price. No other school can say that.

You are correct in that. Whether the NCAA pays any attention to those facts or not remains to be seen. Throughout history they haven't been fair with us .

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

You are correct in that. Whether the NCAA pays any attention to those facts or not remains to be seen. Throughout history they haven't been fair with us .

ANd they have a short memory. I can remember other violation instances, where I thought we had been proactive and self-imposed some punishment, only to see the NCAA come along and extend or add to it anyway.

Don't trust them...they are too inconsistent. 

23 hours ago, abw0004 said:

@ellitor, my understanding from what PTB said is that we are not clear of the NCAA and that we could still have the hammer dropped on us.  Here is what he said on 1/7/2020:

"They see us as graduating players and playing clean with the NCAA (something they fear is looming for our BB program btw.)... There are some whispers about the NCAA spanking us in BBall...but that’s all I know. Nothing specific or credible yet."

Honestly it all Dldepends on who does the spanking. Like, if it's Tony Barbee doing it, meh. If it's my grandmother, we're in trouble.

I think they are done with us and nothing else will happen. We will be fine, Just got to get our mojo back on the court and win some more games to make it to the big dance once again.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW JGT says the NOA letter is a list of charges. Penalties could be years away from being determined.

We are still YEARS away from officially putting this behind us?

5406C908-8666-4730-B0FC-12C1325A6AE2.gif

Kansas was charged with lack of institutional control, 3 level one violations and a head coach responsibility charge. Where did that get Kansas? Top 3 in the nation and Bill Self still coaching. If they try and make AU as an “example” I will be livid. 

Under NCAA rules, a head coach can receive a show-cause order and be suspended up to an entire season for Level I violations and up to half a season for Level II violations.

ill just say this, AU better be ready to put the ncaa out of business if they try that crap.

I see the posts were moved, only reason I made the posts in the JG thread was due to the fact that “Auburn’s future with the ncaa next year would impact his decision”

16 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I see the posts were moved, only reason I made the posts in the JG thread was due to the fact that “Auburn’s future with the ncaa next year would impact his decision”

Understood but there were no references to Green in your posts so they were moved to the NCAA thread we have.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Understood but there were no references to Green in your posts so they were moved to the NCAA thread we have.

I understand! Just saying why I made the post where I did lol

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Pat Forde says we have gotten a NOA but won't admit to

Pat Forde can unkindly and violently eat effin ish. He is a clown of the highest degree. He has had a agenda against AU since 2010 when the Cam drama made him look foolish and silly. He has been butthurt ever since. 

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Pat Forde can unkindly and violently eat effin ish. He is a clown of the highest degree. He has had a agenda against AU since 2010 when the Cam drama made him look foolish and silly. He has been butthurt ever since. 

What bugs me is he's 2-faced about AU. He had nothing but nice things to say about the basketball program a week or 2 ago on WJOX.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What bugs me is he's 2-faced about AU. He had nothing but nice things to say about the basketball program a week or 2 ago on WJOX.

He actually went on WJOX?! I would think local radio in good ol allllllllllberrrrrbamuuuuuuuuh is "beneath" such a highly sophisticated and worldly aristocrat like Forde............... lol. SMH. Him and Dan Wolken love any chance they can get to take a shot at Bruce and AU. Well at least he knows his audience then when he went on JOX.

I doubt much, if anything, is going to come of this. I was already past it until I saw that bit on the Green thread. Why would the NCAA make an example of us? It would make a little bit of sense to do so with football, because that would send a message to the other Power 5 conference powerhouses, but the basketball program is an up and comer. Financially, it makes sense to give us the benefit of the doubt, because the fan base is large, and starving for success with the football program on a roller coaster under Malzahn. Am I just reaching here?

If the NCAA tries to hammer us and not the other schools, then it should be lawsuit city for unequal enforcement of the rules. If we're sitting on an NOA, and it's bad, we should be reaching out RIGHT NOW to legal counsel of other schools to determine if the time is ripe for a national class action lawsuit, and game plan how to proceed. The NCAA's national image is not good. I feel the court of public opinion would be sympathetic and would love to see a few wronged schools hit them in the face with a 2 x 4 for a change. We tried to play ball, clean up the mess, punish players, fire and suspend coaches, and basically stopped recruiting for one, if not 2 years. It is public knowledge the FBI exposed clear culpability problems and issues with the head coaches at Kansas, LSU, and Arizona. What did they do? Those head coaches are STILL there, and recruiting kept humming along as if nothing happened. By comparison, not a whiff of complicity with BP (as far as we know), and we went FAR over the top with SELF IMPOSED punishment and were this close to changing head coaches were it not for Greene. 2 recruiting classes were effectively lost. What better defense could one possibly have. There is FBI evidence (or lack of beyond the scope of CP) and CP's witness testimony in a criminal trial. The FBI did all the work. Use it to our advantage. If there is the threat of severe sanctions beyond a scholarship loss for a year or two, then screw the NCAA. Unless there is more to the story we haven't heard yet. If I were the school, I would go so far at to offer paying a fine. Just some out of the box thinking to ponder.

3 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

2 recruiting classes were effectively lost

As best I can tell it was one class, 2018. We did well in the 2017 and 2019 classes.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

"So it stands to reason that Auburn has a basketball NOA and simply isn't acknowledging it."

Or more like Auburn is simply not acknowledging Pat Forde's question. 

A post from Hooks FWIW.

Buckle up folks as it’s time for war. Chuck severely hurt us and it’s infuriating.

His actions unlike others only benefitted him and hurt AU, CBP, the kids and the program.

Hopefully the fog of it all won’t hurt our recruiting too much. AU will fight hard this time.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He actually went on WJOX?! I would think local radio in good ol allllllllllberrrrrbamuuuuuuuuh is "beneath" such a highly sophisticated and worldly aristocrat like Forde............... lol. SMH. Him and Dan Wolken love any chance they can get to take a shot at Bruce and AU. Well at least he knows his audience then when he went on JOX.

Forde and his clever little "Dash" schtick bounces around from place to place like a hobo. ESPN, Yahoo, and now SI. They, like MSN and several others, offer no comment section for readers to sound off against their BS. It could be a cost saving measure, or simply just cowardly and autocratic decision on their part. At least there was some satisfaction in seeing Forde get hammered on Yahoo.

Archived