Merry Marquel Harrell!

ToraGirl

A Facebook snag...LOVE this!  

"I'd like to give a shout out to a very kind young man. Marquel Harrell is an Auburn Football offensive lineman. It was Auburn’s Director Of Player Development Jorrell Bostrom who, upon visiting a local Auburn retail store, saw Marquel volunteering for the Salvation Army. As an offensive lineman, Marquel doesn’t get much attention- and he doesn’t mind! Why the volunteering? Because it was the right thing to do.  Who is Marquel Harrell? He’s a tough football player, but he’s also a young man who has already earned his degree, is fluent in French, and as a high schooler was VP of the National Honor Society. It’s time that the unsung Marquel Harrell receives some attention: I know that you will congratulate him for giving back..."

--Rick Karle

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing

7 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

A Facebook snag...LOVE this!  

"I'd like to give a shout out to a very kind young man. Marquel Harrell is an Auburn Football offensive lineman. It was Auburn’s Director Of Player Development Jorrell Bostrom who, upon visiting a local Auburn retail store, saw Marquel volunteering for the Salvation Army. As an offensive lineman, Marquel doesn’t get much attention- and he doesn’t mind! Why the volunteering? Because it was the right thing to do.  Who is Marquel Harrell? He’s a tough football player, but he’s also a young man who has already earned his degree, is fluent in French, and as a high schooler was VP of the National Honor Society. It’s time that the unsung Marquel Harrell receives some attention: I know that you will congratulate him for giving back..."

--Rick Karle

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing

Got my vote! Thanks Marquel!

Marquel sounds like a great kid!

Isn't Jorrel Bostrom's Bo Jackson's distant cousin who tried to play football here but couldn't break into the lineup? 

24 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Marquel sounds like a great kid!

Isn't Jorrel Bostrom's Bo Jackson's distant cousin who tried to play football here but couldn't break into the lineup? 

The not breaking the lineup part is accurate, I don't know if he is related to Bo.  I thought he was from Utah or somewhere out west.

WDE!

that is great for the young man.and the salvation army has always had the militarys back. too many time when i served a kid would lose a parent and have no money and the red cross would step in and provide the money the kid needed for the trip home. then they would start sending bills before the individual made it back home. the salvation army would send the money and you never heard anything else from them unless it was to make sure the kid did not need something else.ofcourse that was back in the early seventies so it might have changed since then. but my point is if you donated to the salvation army you money always seemed to be well spent.

Archived